Replies: 8486
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 04, 2024, 11:20:11 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Dang!! Another Asian Invasion - ‘Murder hornets’ in My Area

Started by cc, May 04, 2020, 04:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Asian invader is death on wings for bees in Canada, U.S. is known widely as  'Murder hornets'

They can totally destroy a bee hive in hours ... biting off the heads and carrying off the thoraxes back to their nest

We already have a mysterious  bee shortage the past few years (vital for pollination)

The Asian giant hornet typically lives in countries like Japan and China, but several specimens were found in in our area - Blaine in Upper Washington and now SW BC including White Rock and Surrey.

Worse, they are also highly poisonous. Over 50 died from them in Japan last year. The stinger is very long and very strong

It's a AA battery-sized (2 inch long) juggernaut on wings, with a massive, toxic stinger, an armored body and a penchant for biting the heads off bees .. The very long and strong stinger is able to penetrate beekeeper garments easily

Wildlife officials are now investigating fresh reports of the insects on both sides of the border, as the giant hornet queens come out of hibernation to venture out for food.

No way to know how far they will spread .. nor how rapidly

One link - https://globalnews.ca/news/6901007/giant-asian-murder-hornet-canada/">https://globalnews.ca/news/6901007/gian ... et-canada/">https://globalnews.ca/news/6901007/giant-asian-murder-hornet-canada/
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Oak

I notice your distaste for Asians.   You think we should gas them or put them in ovens?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oak"I notice your distaste for Asians.   You think we should gas them or put them in ovens?

What?? That aint true. Ceec gets along with all the Asians here, including Shen Li, who aint always the easiest person to get along with.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Asian invader is death on wings for bees in Canada, U.S. is known widely as  'Murder hornets'

They can totally destroy a bee hive in hours ... biting off the heads and carrying off the thoraxes back to their nest

We already have a mysterious  bee shortage the past few years (vital for pollination)

The Asian giant hornet typically lives in countries like Japan and China, but several specimens were found in in our area - Blaine in Upper Washington and now SW BC including White Rock and Surrey.

Worse, they are also highly poisonous. Over 50 died from them in Japan last year. The stinger is very long and very strong

It's a AA battery-sized (2 inch long) juggernaut on wings, with a massive, toxic stinger, an armored body and a penchant for biting the heads off bees .. The very long and strong stinger is able to penetrate beekeeper garments easily

Wildlife officials are now investigating fresh reports of the insects on both sides of the border, as the giant hornet queens come out of hibernation to venture out for food.

One link - https://globalnews.ca/news/6901007/giant-asian-murder-hornet-canada/">https://globalnews.ca/news/6901007/gian ... et-canada/">https://globalnews.ca/news/6901007/giant-asian-murder-hornet-canada/

There's already a shortage of honey bees.

Oak

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Oak"I notice your distaste for Asians.   You think we should gas them or put them in ovens?

What?? That aint true. Ceec gets along with all the Asians here, including Shen Li, who aint always the easiest person to get along with.

She seems to post negative things about China and Asians more than the average person.

Oak

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc"Asian invader is death on wings for bees in Canada, U.S. is known widely as  'Murder hornets'

There's a nutrition shortage for bees along with the use of pesticides and also foreign infections.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oak"

She seems to post negative things about China and Asians more than the average person.

She is pissed off at China right now, but Fash has never liked China.

Anonymous

There's a nutrition shortage for bees along with the use of pesticides and also foreign infections.

Although, the honey bee isn't on the endangered list, many are still under the impression that they soon will go extinct. Since this species is known for its role in agriculture, the blame is often placed on the ag industry for Colony Collapse Disorder, specifically related pesticide use. This blame is misguided, however, according to many reports.

An extensive analysis done by The Washington Post and published in 2017 show bee numbers sitting at close to historical highs. The research showed that since 2006, when CCD was identified, the number of honeybee colonies has risen, from 2.4 million that year to 2.7 million in 2014.

Oak

I can be pissed off at the Chinese government without being pissed off at all Chinese.

There's a difference.

Anonymous

I can be pissed off at the Chinese government without being pissed off at all Chinese.

There's a difference.

There are five ethnic Han Chinese posters here, three women and two men. To my knowledge, cc has never had a problem with any of them. Well, with the exception of one, and that has been a recent development.

cc

Ya, outright CPC propaganda is not a turn on .. guilty as charged  ac_biggrin

Quote from: "Fashionista"There's already a shortage of honey bees.

Yes. Been a serious pollination problem for a while now

Oak

Quote from: "seoulbro"

There's a difference.

There are five ethnic Han Chinese posters here, three women and two men. To my knowledge, cc has never had a problem with any of them. Well, with the exception of one, and that has been a recent development.

Where have I made claims that this is about her relationship with people on this forum?  Please cite.

cc

Quote from: "Thread Highjacker"Where have I made claims that this is about her relationship with people on this forum?

Please cite.

Quote from: "Cite, Sure, an apparent Scouse in a skirt"
 I notice your distaste for Asians.   You think we should gas them or put them in ovens?

Now, back to hornets and bees ... this isn't a  kindergarten group, nor is it a stupid insult / fight forum

Anonymous

There's a difference.

cc's opinions of China mirror my own.

Oak

There's a difference.

cc's opinions of China mirror my own.

So, you hate Chinese people and not just the Chinese government?