Replies: 10350
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:32:40 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

Read that during current lockdown...

Started by Anonymous, May 19, 2020, 01:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

...one in 10 women are afraid or very afraid of spousal abuse.  (As a side note, I also understand that men are victims also, but we can't talk about that, report it, or seek any help for that, because that's just how it is).

So I'm thinking one in 10 is a pretty substantial number, if that number is correct.  It also tells me that one in 10 women didn't choose their partners very well if just spending some time at home together is enough to bring out the slappin' hand!

Berry Sweet

These kinds of men are very charming in the beginning...over time they manipulate her until eventually threatening and controlling her in many ways someone like you would not understand...which makes it difficult for these women to leave the relationship.  This also happens to men.

Sometimes women leave the relationship, but the guy still stalks them, court and court orders can become pointless cause some of these people just know when to stop.

Woman or man, the victim is not at fault for "not chosing their partners well"...they are not resopnsible for the other persons cruel behaviour...their cruel behaviour is a mental illness.  These kinds of people can never be rehabilitated, understand the destruction they have caused or even live a normal life.

Anonymous

I do understand the dynamics, but it's interesting to me as to why a quasi-lockdown for a couple of months would accelerate things...  Were these couples just barely managing before Covid?

Berry Sweet

It would accelerate things because they are in the same confinement for a long time..they are not at work, he's not at the bar..instead he's home drinking and taking it out on her 24/7...and she can't go anywhere cause of the lockdown.

Stuff like this can drive people to the edge.

Berry Sweet

I hope some of the women and men, will have to nerve to leave these assholes in a learning from this crisis.  Its too bad that none of them will be charged or jailed for what they've done.  They will eventually find another victim and do the same thing all over.

Anonymous

You'd think if they decided to get married, they'd be able to spend a couple of months together without attacking each other...

It really does make me wonder, when I see apparently 'happy' families out in public together, that it's probably not always what really is seen behind closed doors.

Berry Sweet

Fb families.  None of them are perfect, they all have their stories.  

It's sad that women who are being abused are not the only victims...their children have to witness it, some of them get abused as well.

Anonymous

Kids are the ones that suffer, I know...  Parents may think the kids won't notice.  Kids see and hear everything.

Berry Sweet

It affects kids deeply.  You'd be surprised whose doing what, doing things they shouldn't be doing...my daughter told me some stuff I shouldn't know about others peoples parents she witnessed.  And a few of them shouldn't be drinking and they are  :mad:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"It affects kids deeply.  You'd be surprised whose doing what, doing things they shouldn't be doing...my daughter told me some stuff I shouldn't know about others peoples parents she witnessed.  And a few of them shouldn't be drinking and they are  :mad:

I know.  Young kids are impressionable, and will absolutely soak up everything that they see and hear no matter where they are.  They are also horrible liars, as they haven't learnt that yet, so they'll generally either stay silent or tell the outright truth!   :laugh:

Vancouver

Always lineups outside the liquor stores. As if alcohol is essential.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"Always lineups outside the liquor stores. As if alcohol is essential.

Beer is taxed at close to 50% of purchase price, believe it or not.  You can Google "Prohibition" if you want other reasons...

Frood

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"Always lineups outside the liquor stores. As if alcohol is essential.

It is if we have to endure endless decrees about when we should or shouldn't leave our homes or go broke without any redress... (which sends us broke since it ain't our leader's monies they're kindly remitting).... rather, our children's and theirs...

Welcome to Dark Ages 2.0..... hope you socked away physical valuables....
Blahhhhhh...

Berry Sweet

It is.  If alcoholics can't get their fix, they will go nuts and things will be worse.  They will end up at ER too.

I don't see it as an essential services either but you'd be surprised how many alcoholics there really are in this city.

Frood

Quote from: "Mel"

Beer is taxed at close to 50% of purchase price, believe it or not.  You can Google "Prohibition" if you want other reasons...

I paid 60 bucks AUD for a 700 ml bottle of average American sour mash whiskey the other day... I believe the exchange rates are similar....yet I can get a litre bottle of 70% handwash for 15 bucks...

...but it's diluted in glycerine, aloe, and methyls to make it totally not like vodka... it would be poisonous...

But our tax office loves their vice tax revenues... almost half of the purchase price, in fact...

Fck those motherfckers... those disgusting leaches...
Blahhhhhh...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview