Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

A

Coronavirus Facts

Started by Anonymous, May 30, 2020, 02:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oak

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=367712 time=1592877057 user_id=56
Quote from: Oak post_id=367701 time=1592865754 user_id=3271
"Just 6.1% of the population of Sweden had developed coronavirus antibodies by late May, a lower measure than some of its health agency's earlier models had predicted.

Uhm, fail.  All those deaths for no real protection.  Herd immunity is rare.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/swedens-herd-immunity-hopes-fading-130220788.html">https://www.yahoo.com/news/swedens-herd ... 20788.html">https://www.yahoo.com/news/swedens-herd-immunity-hopes-fading-130220788.html

You're cherry picking data. Belarus has never had a lock down, has few if any restrictions and yet has just 351 deaths from COVID. The Chinese province of Taiwan took a different approach than Western countries and has just 7 deaths to coronavirus.

We do know that 53,000 surgeries and treatments were postponed indefinitely in our largest province, Ontario that we will never know how deaths it caused. That's just one province.

We also know that lock downs will cause hundreds of thousands of deaths around the world due to famine alone.

Sweden has the same problem as Canada. Both countries have disproportionate numbers of deaths in senior's care facilities. Both countries should have locked down it's senior's care facilities. Locking down healthy populations for a virus that 99% recover from is the definition of insane. The world is paying the price for such madness.

1%, maybe as high as 2-3%, are dying.  That makes Covid-19 more deadly by a factor of 10, more deadly than the seasonal flu.  I've seen you call it a simple flu before, That's hogwash quite frankly.  

"By comparison, seasonal flu generally kills far fewer than 1 percent of those infected," Tedros said of the global flu caseload during the news briefing.

Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, has said that the mortality rate for seasonal flu is 0.1 percent."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/03/04/coronavirus-flu-comparison/">https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... omparison/">https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/03/04/coronavirus-flu-comparison/

cc

I'm not arguing points, I'm simply posting numbers - It's not even as low as 1% or 2% or 3% ... let alone fractional as some suggest

I've done the DEATHS / CASE of Virus calcs accurately  .. Here's not talk and cojecture, rather the numbers as of June 24

Canada (Entire) 0.0830  .. That's 8.3 deaths / 100 people virus-ed

US (Entire)  0.050 -  5 deaths / 100 people virus-ed

BC 0.0604   -  6 deaths / 100 people virus-ed

Washington State  - 0.0404   - 4 deaths / 100 people virus-ed

Sweden 0.081  -  8.1 deaths / 100 people virus-ed

Georgia - 0.04 - 4 deaths / 100 people virus-ed

Germany 0.045 -  4.5 deaths / 100 people virus-ed

I remember seeing people , even Docs, saying less that one, some even said less that 0.1 for months .. It was all bullshit

Still think it's "just a flu"?

Go ahead. Check it for yourselves https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/">https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ Simply divide deaths per m by Cases per m OR Total Deaths by Total Cases

I'm not arguing anything - But let's at least use true facts and not made up wishful thinking bullshit

Do the math
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

The actual number of infected people in Canada and the USA is believed to be between six and twenty four times higher than the number of cases..

One of the earliest studies tested 919 people in the German town of Gangelt, where a large outbreak had occurred. Of these people, about 15.5% had antibodies against the virus — five times higher than the percentage of people known to have had COVID-19 in the town at the time. The figure was used to estimate an IFR of 0.28%

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01738-2">https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01738-2

Until we get antibodies tests we won't know what the death rate is..

But, the death rate die to COVID will drop significantly when get those tests out.

cc

I'm expecting an antibody test soon myself

Some science says antibodies are dwindling quite a bit each month, so we may never know. I think I posted on that last night?

If so, we are in a mess .. the scientists who said that are now doing a larger test of more people .. in fact, I think a lot of scientists are looking into that part of it

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=369161 time=1593490133 user_id=88
I'm expecting an antibody test soon myself

Some science says antibodies are dwindling quite a bit each month, so we may never know. I think I posted on that last night?

If so, we are in a mess .. the scientists who said that are now doing a larger test of more people

We need a bigger sample of antibody testing.

cc

Maybe. I'm not sure of anything about this virus anymore including antibodies

With this virus I'm finding science knows so little and to make it worse, everyone is making what confused info there is come out to their liking and putting it out as important fact

I just want the facts, not what I or anyone "wants" to hear. I'm getting very frustrated .. and leaning much toward an item "engineered to be difficult" to deal with and so easy to spread

I don't think antibodies is the whole answer, but I know BC started tests today. She said those who did the study over a month ago would be among the first, so I hope I get one soon. While odds are my February pneumonia was not virus, there is a chance it could have been and I'd just like to know if yes or no

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=369169 time=1593492600 user_id=88
Maybe. I'm not sure of anything about this virus anymore.

With this virus I'm finding science knows so little and to make it worse, everyone is making what confused info there is come out to their liking and putting it out as important fact

I just want the facts, not what I or anyone "wants" to hear.

I don't think antibodies is the whole answer, but I know BC started tests today. She said those who did the study over a month ago would be among the first, so I hope I get one soon. While odds are my February pneumonia was not virus, there is a chance it could have been . .and I'd just like to know if yes or no

True. I have seen some people spin this into the black plague for Christ sakes.

cc

See, you just did what I said

You want it to be mild so been spinning everything you look at  to come out that way

That's what's been going on in BOTH directions ... professionals also are doing it ... making it impossible to know what  to believe

The span of scientific info is so broad

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=369171 time=1593492938 user_id=88

You want it to be mild so spin everything you look at  to come out that way

That's what's been going on in BOTH directions ... professionals also are doing it ... making it impossible to know who to believe

Not at all. As I told you before, I am semi retired, and I can make that permanent.

I can tough this out a long time.

cc

Similar I. Sorry, I'm getting very frustrated

Having had pneumonia so recently and so severely I have to protect myself to the extreme

That's why I want good info so bad and seems it is all bullshit and conjecture out there .. today's flavor is antibodies .. what's for tomorrow?

FKNG China #$$%%^&

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=369172 time=1593493118 user_id=1689
Quote from: cc post_id=369171 time=1593492938 user_id=88

You want it to be mild so spin everything you look at  to come out that way

That's what's been going on in BOTH directions ... professionals also are doing it ... making it impossible to know who to believe

Not at all. As I told you before, I am semi retired, and I can make that permanent.

I can tough this out a long time.

We can't do that, nor should we have to..

I have an infection on my left arm that needs more than just antibiotics..

My doctor told me I'll be waiting a year to have it removed..

Think of people that have had cancer treatments postponed..

There should never have been lock downs of healthy people.

cc

Hope it works out for you Fash. That's terrible.

Are not docs and hospitals active again where you are? They are here, but I do know Alta has many times more cases of virus than we have had

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=369175 time=1593493728 user_id=88
Hope it works out for you Fash. That's terrible.

Are not docs and hospitals active again where you are? They are here, but I do know Alta has many times more cases of virus

They are, but minor procedures like I need are not priority..

We already had a backlog and this made it so much worse..

We've had people die who had stent surgery delayed, so hospitals could prioritize people coming to emergency with a cough..

Our reaction to this pandemic has been irrational and destructive.

cc

Agreed, although I,m not sure how they should .. or rather could have handled it.

Here, they did not hospitalize virus people unless it was well needed and we had several times fewer cases of virus that you guys had

I've copped out on an offer for a semi-minor Op a few weeks ago because I'm now gun shy about close contact with anyone .. especially hospitals

The pneumonia thing I had in February combined with virus arriving about same time has changed my life 180  .. I'm used to playing offense all my life and I'm now playing defense and going nuts

I sure hope you can get your issue dealt with

Anonymous

I agree with Fash, cancelling or postponing surgeries to handle paranoid people with a dry cough was nuts. More than throwing millions of people out of work, that was the worst decision we made. It cost a lot of people their lives or at least their health.