The best topic

Replies: 10405
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:44:14 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Halloween!

Started by Annie, October 23, 2013, 11:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Odinson

Quote from: "Annie"We had our Halloween party last night at home, I was a devil. Tonight hubby and I are going to a pub for a costume contest, we're wearing our sand trooper and fett costumes. There's like a thousand bucks in prizes to be won!  :shock:

I hope you win.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"We had our Halloween party last night at home, I was a devil. Tonight hubby and I are going to a pub for a costume contest, we're wearing our sand trooper and fett costumes. There's like a thousand bucks in prizes to be won!  :shock:

I don't understand why I can't see the costume pictures you posted Annie? Everyone who has posted in this thread commented they are superb.

I wish you and your husband win the contest by a landslide.

Anonymous

Both costumes look like a professional made them. If you don't win, how amazing are the other costume entries?

Anonymous

Still can't see em. :x

Annie

Nope, we didn't win :-( A couple with painted skelleton faces won. They had like 10 friends with them and they all screamed for them so they were the loudest. We were a bit disappointed but what can ya do. Lots of people liked our costumes though and took pics with us. We did have fun, it was like a "date night" except we felt so old LoL
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

jaysings

Quote from: "Annie"Nope, we didn't win :-( A couple with painted skelleton faces won. They had like 10 friends with them and they all screamed for them so they were the loudest. We were a bit disappointed but what can ya do. Lots of people liked our costumes though and took pics with us. We did have fun, it was like a "date night" except we felt so old LoL

sometimes I feel disgusted of those sordid people who utilize unity to get whatever they desire. the rule that one with most supporters is winner is unjustifiable

Annie

We thought it was unfair too but it happens. We were very close to winning though, they were just a little louder than our screamers. We didn't bring any friends, they had other plans. Thanks seoul, I appreciate that :-) The bouncers and waitresses all thought for sure we were going to win, but meh.  We did get a free beer each though! And a glow stick! LoL

There were quite a few jerks and biorches there too. All younger than us by at least 15 to 20 years. What is it with younger people these days? They have to be rude and act like jerks in a bar. One guy kept falling into our table and his buddy kept touching my helmet (I had it sitting on the table) I told him to please not touch or play with it, he kept doing it, like he was trying to accidentally knock it off. I got right in his face and told him to knock it off because it's not cheap.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Annie

Oh and then hubby came back to the table, I told him and he took off his bucket and stood there glaring at the guy. My hubby looks really mean and bad when he's ticked off. Plus he's a black belt in karate so he could of knocked him out.

keeper

Sorry you didnt win Anne, Great costumes, very impressed

Annie

Thanks Keeper! We really wanted to win but like they say..winning isn't everything! LoL

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Thanks Keeper! We really wanted to win but like they say..winning isn't everything! LoL

You would have got my vote Ms. Annie and not just because I like you..

Your costumes were exceptionally good.

Annie

Thanks Fash, we felt good in them too. We walked to the pub in our costumes and lots of people were honking, waving and hollering right on and cool costumes! That feeling was a winning experience :-)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Thanks Fash, we felt good in them too. We walked to the pub in our costumes and lots of people were honking, waving and hollering right on and cool costumes! That feeling was a winning experience :-)

Choosing winners by who makes the most noise for them does not seem fair.

Annie

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Oh I know :-(

It works in the bar owners favour though because it encourages contestants to bring more friends who will purchase refreshments.