The best topic

Replies: 10547
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

WTF??? .. Now It's "We Want NO Law & Order" & Now it gets worse

Started by cc, June 06, 2020, 09:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=365182 time=1591572244 user_id=88
^^ Yes, that's who everyone goes to when they need help

Take a look @ this - They are really going to do it - This cannot end well

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/local/george-floyd/minneapolis-city-council-announces-plan-to-dismantle-police-department/89-a2260d74-4e21-4069-9b06-735aafba95cd#:~:text=%22Our%20commitment%20is%20to%20end%20our%20city%27s%20toxic%20relationship%20with,said%20at%20Sunday%27s%20community%20meeting.">Minneapolis City Council announces intent to disband police department

"Our commitment is to end our city's toxic relationship with the Minneapolis Police Department," City Council President Lisa Bender said on Sunday.

MINNEAPOLIS — A veto-proof majority of Minneapolis City Council members announced Sunday during a rally at Powderhorn Park that they are planning to disband the police department.

City Council members said they will invest in community-led safety initiatives instead of the police department.

"Our commitment is to end our city's toxic relationship with the Minneapolis Police Department, to end policing as we know it, and to re-create systems of public safety that actually keep us safe," Minneapolis City Council President Lisa Bender said at Sunday's community meeting.

[i"]veto-proof majority" = Mayor who refused to say he would NOT do it cannot stop it - clearly a lot of crackpots  on Council [/i]

Minnesota State Patrol will take over city policing.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=365189 time=1591573229 user_id=88
Good point - Some one has to and that would be the State

There will be law enforcement in the city of Minneapolis.

cc

yes, there has to be

Without order you are not a country / city / prov or state

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=365207 time=1591577709 user_id=88
yes, there has to be

Without order you are not a country / city / prov or state

I aint had good interactions with the cops when I was young. But, they are an absolute necessary.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=365191 time=1591573349 user_id=1689
Quote from: cc post_id=365189 time=1591573229 user_id=88
Good point - Some one has to and that would be the State

There will be law enforcement in the city of Minneapolis.

Maybe they will compromise and fire all white cops. That way police brutality will become a thing of the past. :laugh3:

Anonymous

No borders, no cops, no resource jobs and dependent on China for everything from energy to medical supplies. The Democrats really hate working people.

@realAzhyaAryola

I want complete police reform. I do not support this defund police crap. How stupid.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: @realAzhyaAryola post_id=365283 time=1591626804 user_id=73
I want complete police reform. I do not support this defund police crap. How stupid.

What reforms would you like to see Azhya?

cc

Here's where the real reform is needed

85 Shot – 24 Dead in Chicago's Most Violent Weekend (area run by Democrats for over 60 years) following Leftist Riots — As Democrats Continue to Call to Defund the Police

Seems if you are not hurt by a cop you don't matter .. 24 don't matter people

Where are the protests and cameras???

If they need to "fix" something .. try the inner cities they run all of

This sort of crap happens every weekend in every one of the cities they run

crickets ... ......so sorry, ... busy making public fuss over 1 person where the cameras are

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=365317 time=1591658089 user_id=88
Here's where the real reform is needed

85 Shot – 24 Dead in Chicago's Most Violent Weekend   (area run by Democrats for over 60 years) following Leftist Riots — As Democrats Continue to Call to Defund the Police

Seems if you are not hurt by a cop you don't matter

If they need to "fix" something .. try the inner cities they run all of

crickets ...

Obviously Chicago doesn't need their police force.

cc

^^ True. Clearly

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/george-floyd-halo-600x339.jpg">

Ya think maybe overkill a bit?

Anonymous

Anonymous

By Lorrie Goldstein of Sun News Media

A lefty sound bite

'Defund the police' is a slogan, not a strategy

The simplistic idea of cutting police budgets to fight police racism has been making headlines across North America ever since the brutal death of George Floyd while in the custody of four Minneapolis police officers.

So of course many municipal politicians are jumping on the bandwagon.

In Toronto, a "defund the police" motion by Councillors Josh Matlow and Kristyn Wong-Tam to be considered by city council, would cut the current $1.22 billion annual police budget — the largest of any city department — by 10%, or $122 million, next year.

The money would be used for "enhanced resiliency in marginalized communities," which could mean anything.

Without commenting specifically on the MatlowWong-Tam motion, Mayor John Tory has said while he favours finding efficiencies in the police budget, which the city has been doing, "defund the police" strategies are not credible.

He's right. Since the vast majority of the police budget goes to compensation and benefits, a 10% cut in one year could only be achieved by mass layoffs of police officers (currently 5,500) and civilian employees (currently 2,200.)

As it is, the mayor's office notes, Toronto, despite being the largest city in Canada, has fewer police officers per capita (167 per 100,000 population) than Vancouver (198) or Montreal (223.) The average American city, with a population of over 500,000 people, has 243 officers per 100,000. A 10% police budget cut in 2021 would also mean longer police response times in an era when there is already widespread public concern about this issue and the increasing number of suspected crimes to which the police no longer directly respond. Finally, it would mean drastically cutting back or eliminating initiatives such as equipping all police officers with body cams, intended to protect the public and the police.

Debates about reducing the size of the police budget to save money have been going on in Toronto since the 1990s, when crime rates started falling and some politicians began arguing that with less crime, there should be fewer police. But as late as 2016, Toronto council defeated four separate motions by Coun. Michael Thompson, a former member of the police services board, to cut the then $1 billion police budget by $24 million, $20 million, $18 million and $12 million. In that context, veteran councillors who defeated Thompson's motions in 2016 will be hard-pressed to explain why, four years later, they favour a budget cut up to 10 times higher.

There is legitimate criticism about the slow pace of reforms, such as replacing officers with lower-paid employees who could do many jobs that are not core functions of policing.

There's been more than a dozen city reports in recent years with recommendations about how to make the force more efficient, while costs keep rising, as they have in all city departments.

But the "defund police" campaign will not solve many of the issues it is ostensibly designed to address, for example reducing the number of fatal shootings by police in encounters with people in crisis.

Most of these tragedies (70% nationally according to a 2018 CBC survey) occur when police are dealing with individuals who are either in mental distress, taking drugs, or both. That won't change, according to an exhaustive 2014 study of the Toronto police service by retired Supreme Court judge Frank Iacobucci, commissioned by then police chief Bill Blair, until all levels if government — federal, provincial, municipal — properly fund mental health services for people in crisis.

Anonymous

A community safety model?? This should be interesting.

Minneapolis force 'not reformable,' to be abolished

WASHINGTON — Minneapolis councillors pledged to abolish its police force, as the biggest civil rights protests in more than 50 years demanded a transformation of U.S. criminal justice.

Meanwhile, nine of the 13 Minneapolis councillors pledged Sunday to do away with the police department in favour of a community-led safety model, though they provided little detail.

"A veto-proof majority of the MPLS City Council just publicly agreed that the Minneapolis Police Department is not reformable and that we're going to end the current policing system," Alondra Cano said on Twitter.