Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

Edmonton Yanks Anti-Honour Killing Ads

Started by Anonymous, October 30, 2013, 12:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romero

Quote from: "Fashionista"I have to disagree with you Shen Li..

These ads are deliberately provocative..

You may be right about the Quran having many verses that incite hatred though..

That is not enough reason to antagonize that religion and use public property to do it though..

I am a Christian and I would like to see more dialogue between Muslims and non Muslims.

Good evening, Fash!  :)

I concur. There should always be dialogue rather than provocation.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I have to disagree with you Shen Li..

These ads are deliberately provocative..

You may be right about the Quran having many verses that incite hatred though..

That is not enough reason to antagonize that religion and use public property to do it though..

I am a Christian and I would like to see more dialogue between Muslims and non Muslims.

Good evening, Fash!  :)

I concur. There should always be dialogue rather than provocation.

Hello Romero, how nice to see you here..

:)

I believe Shen Li and Ms. CC mean well, but people don't usually listen to you when you call their deepest held beliefs "barbaric".

cc

"barbaric" is "barbaric". Devout islamics listen to no one, so nothing is lost there. Tip toeing around that gets everyone nowhere

Dumpster Diver(ters) are the result of islamic propaganda combined with those who know vile islam not speaking out

Same as 1938 ... Ostriches with their heads in the sand got killed
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte""barbaric" is "barbaric"

Ms. CC Li Tarte, if I saw advertisements mocking the Islamic religion at bus stops I too would report it to city council..

I don't see using public property to criticize a religion as being constructive at all..

It is nothing personal against you or Shen Li though.

cc

Hi Fash ... and I know you mean well. But on the topic of islam ....

Extremist islamic organizations started using that venue to sell its wolf in sheep clothing propaganda some time ago .... others countered it  .. .that's how it came to be .. not my way to counter islam but I was very aware of the entire process developing some time ago

Anyhow, I had not commented on that issue at all  as it is not a biggy for me. The vile cruel ideology called islam "creeping" its vile ways into our society ... pushed by the more extreme islamics ... is an issue for me as all its organizations are lead by the more extreme people  .. and good people islamics are powerless to stop the more extreme  leaders ... all of whom are supremacist infidel & jew haters who care nothing for Canada  ... They care only about  pushing Islam's vile ways  into all societies on the face of the earth

Too many of our citizens bow to the 24/7/365 pressures of the extremists leaders of islam  ... wanting to believe it is like other religions  ... you can see that right here in this thread

Romero

Bad people are bad people. No point in blaming a whole religion or group of people for it.

The organization that placed these ads just so happens to be an anti-Muslim organization. It's no coincidence that they don't seem to care about honour killings among other religions and cultures.

We've all seen this kind of propaganda being used against Christians, Jews etc. It's never for good reason.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Hi Fash ... and I know you mean well. Extremist islamic organizations started using that venue to sell its sheep in wolf propaganda some time ago .... others countered it  .. .that's how it came to be .. not my way to counter islam

Anyhow, I had not commented on that issue till now as it is not a biggy for me. The vile cruel ideology called islam "creeping" its vile ways into our society is an issue for me as all its organizations are lead by the more extreme people  .. and islamics always follow these more extreme  leaders

I can see how a Muslim would be offended that property their taxes are paying for are covered with advertisements mocking their religion..

They have every right to object to that and even though I am a Christian, I too would complain if I ever saw something like that..

More extremist elements within that religion could even use those ads as a tool to incite more extremism.

cc

but but but  ... islamist organizations have been doing it for some time  ... they started it happening. .. .and ads are revenue, not taxpayer expense

Anyhow, a sideshow to the real issue of islamic hardball  creep

Speaking of hardball, those Sox are leading bigtime @ the moment **smile**  ... Hope they hold it together till the end

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"but but but  ... islamist organizations have been doing it for some time  ... they started it happening. .. .and ads are revenue, not expense

Anyhow, a sideshow to the real issue of islamic hardball  creep

Speaking of hardball, those Sox are leading bigtime @ the moment **smile**  ... Hope they hold it together till the end

Do you mean Islamist organizations are posting provocative ads about non-Muslims on public property?

I do realize ads are revenue Ms. CC, but they posted them on property that Muslims also pay for..

I can see why Muslims would object.

cc

It was not my issue before. But now you have me thinking. The more I think about it, the more I am in favor of publicizing the societal killing of women and girls  ... screw feelings ... expose what goes on in islamic societies around the world ... anything to address and stop it

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"It was not my issue before. But now you have me thinking. The more I think about it, the more I am in favor of publicizing the societal killing of women and girls  ... screw feelings ... expose what goes on in islamic societies around the world ... anything to address as stop it

I like you very much Ms. CC Li Tarte and I feel bad how EU constantly posts mean, childish insults about you on Vancouver Forum..

But those ads on public property are inflammatory...dialogue is more effective..

I think it is time for me to bow out of this thread and we will have to respectfully agree to disagree.

cc

If only our press / TV had the guts to do REAL exposes on the societal killing of women and girls , others would not have to do it for them

I'm getting very angry watching about our limp society protecting Islam's HORRID cruelty ... worrying more about feelings than the mega cruel deaths of innocents  .. I was against the ads before but the more appeasing I see the more I realize the need to expose these perps for the killers they are  ... I'm out too

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"If only our press / TV had the guts to do REAL exposes on the societal killing of women and girls , others would not have to do it for them

I'm getting very angry watching about our limp society protecting Islam's HORRID cruelty ... I'm out too

Ms. CC, this topic obviously brings out passionate feelings..

A little forum like this one and this topic gets 117 posts and 530 posts so far in one day..

I don`t want you or Shen Li to feel you have to silence your opinions at all..

Your input is more than welcome.

:)

cc

Thank you Fash!! yes Fash. Societal death of girls does that. It should bring out passion. Anyhow, I understand that you mean well. It is a harsh area  .. too harsh for many to even contemplate what goes on

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Thank you Fash!! yes Fash. Societal death of girls does that. It should bring out passion. Anyhow, I understand that you mean well. It is a harsh area  .. too harsh for many to even contemplate what goes on

I guess in the end I just don't do heavy topics nearly as well as Romero, Shen Li or yourself..

I do admire you for your steadfastness.