Last post: Today at 11:43:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

For 20 Years Now...

Started by Anonymous, June 29, 2020, 09:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Quote from: Mel post_id=369145 time=1593464323
[size=150]הכוס[/size]    acc_angry

His Hebrew is getting better ... maybe he is planning a trip?

I know they would welcome him with open Uzi barrels
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Berry Sweet

Quit drinking.  You can do it Mel.  I'm at day 563 with zero alcohol, I don't even think about it anymore.

Altho I wasn't an excessive, everyday drinker, it's so worth it!   Is there anyone you know who would go to AA meetings with you?  I've supported people in the past going to NA with them.  You don't have to speak...but listen to the stories some of them tell...holy hell!

Anonymous

Mel needs to contact AA, Asia AzhyaAryola that is! Mel could get away to DC and AA could show him the history, parks, restaurants and bars that make America's capital the amazing place that it is. She is an insider too so what a trip this could be! This is just the thing that Mel needs to decompress.

Make plans people, make plans.

Anonymous

Quote from: Guest post_id=369159 time=1593489972
Mel needs to contact AA, Asia AzhyaAryola that is! Mel could get away to DC and AA could show him the history, parks, restaurants and bars that make America's capital the amazing place that it is. She is an insider too so what a trip this could be! This is just the thing that Mel needs to decompress.

Mel should travel.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=369164 time=1593491083 user_id=3254

Mel should travel.

He does. He travels to and from the local BC Liquor Store everyday.

Anonymous

Quote from: Guest post_id=369198 time=1593534929

Mel should travel.

I was thinking a little further.......something that requires a passport.

Anonymous

Be careful what you wish for, he might decide to travel to Taiwan. ac_biggrun

Anonymous

Quote from: Guest post_id=369248 time=1593583521

Not unless they move that island to the Koots. Mel won't take twelve hour flights because they won't let him drink twenty four beers and blame flight attendants for his screwed up life.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=369276 time=1593592352 user_id=2015
Quote from: Guest post_id=369248 time=1593583521

Not unless they move that island to the Koots. Mel won't take twelve hour flights because they won't let him drink twenty four beers and blame flight attendants for his screwed up life.

I thought so too, but from the way askur was talking earlier it seems our International Man of Mystery has decamped to Sweden.

Renee

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=369203 time=1593537421 user_id=3254

Mel should travel.

That would require a picture. The red glare coming off his gin blossomed face would require some significant photo processing. Perhaps Blazer could help out.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: Renee post_id=369302 time=1593617277 user_id=156
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=369203 time=1593537421 user_id=3254

Mel should travel.

That would require a picture. The red glare coming off his gin blossomed face would require some significant photo processing. Perhaps Blazer could help out.

I hadn't considered that.

:laugh:

Anonymous

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/CydToLWbPi6a3r5I9aAnI05nWBJ9VXlk4lA2m1JmpbqrG6ErKK629UEJikDRqYros76VQZ7RPPrQd74JYPiMU87f2DtFrAqwmjiQC9pH2EKv-iAZLA">

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: Guest post_id=369080 time=1593450008
Mel; try this. Simply tell yourself "not today" and do your best to live up to it. If necessary, try telling yourself "not right now" and work up to the "not today" bit by bit.

Now okay, it doesn't sound like much and yes, there will be times when you fall short of your "not today", fall off the wagon and wake up with a hangover the following morning.

When that happens, forgive yourself for failing, pick yourself up and tell yourself "not today" again.

Do NOT make the mistake of telling yourself "never again". This is tantamount to setting yourself up to fail. The more you fall short of the "never again" by falling off the wagon, the more negative reinforcement you are adding to your subconscious. You are setting yourself a goal where there is little chance of a Win and every chance in the world of a Loss. By telling yourself "not today" you at least get some positive reinforcement. Hopefully more wins than losses. You can work at it, chipping away at the years of habit and strengthening your resolve.

It may not work for you, but then again it may. I admit I was skeptical at first, fell off my own wagon innumerable times. But I kept at it and gradually the temptations became more and more manageable. Eventually the "not todays" became simples "nahs" as I was able to exert the required level of control over my addiction. It felt good to take back the power I once let it have over me, it felt especially good to know that I was the one who took it back.

Could I give it that power over me again? Sure, I guess.

But not today. ac_biggrin

Thanks for posting this.  I will try to work on it...

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=369081 time=1593452368 user_id=3254
I don't understand addiction, but I know it's powerful..

It is, and it fucking sucks.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview