News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

China's Three Gourges Dam is deforming...

Started by Frood, August 02, 2020, 06:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=374008 time=1596561565 user_id=136
I dont know what the hell is going on here..

I´m offended and turned on at the same time.

I don't know what's going on either Odi, but I can assure you, I'm not turned on.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=374017 time=1596563663 user_id=1676
Shen wee'd on this thread....

Yes, she did, BUT, you did kind of antagonize her here before she derailed this thread.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=374033 time=1596570752 user_id=1676
ac_biggrin

Who? Little old me?

Yes, you were mean to me. ac_sothere

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Odinson

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=374044 time=1596580289 user_id=136
Dike is a lesbian, correct?

It's a slur for gay women.

cc

I confess that I didn't help it any

and for gay women, it's correctly spelled dyke
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=374064 time=1596590966 user_id=88

With old Bricktop not around, someone has to pick up the spelling nazi slack. :laugh3:

cc

Quote from: Herman post_id=374066 time=1596591152 user_id=1689
Quote from: cc post_id=374064 time=1596590966 user_id=88

With old Bricktop not around, someone has to pick up the spelling nazi slack. :laugh3:

LOL .. Now for a shot of good scotch

Anonymous

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=374071 time=1596591804 user_id=88nice. I miss him

#metoo

cc

UPDATE on the 3 Gorges  dam and entire area upstream and downstream

The rains are not stopping

https://www.theepochtimes.com/typhoon-floods-batter-china-as-heavy-rain-threatens-three-gorges-dam_3467272.html">Typhoon, Floods Batter China as Heavy Rain Threatens Three Gorges Dam

Heavy downpours in southwest China's Sichuan Province, the nearby megacity of Chongqing, and Gansu Province have left many areas submerged in water as the Yangtze River and several of its tributaries overflowed.

The severity of the rainstorms led China's Ministry of Water Resources to issue a stark warning late on Aug. 18 about the water level at the Three Gorges Reservoir, which is located on the upper reaches of the Yangtze River.

The water coming into the dam is expected to reach more than 74,000 cubic meters per second in the morning on Aug. 20, the highest level since the dam was commissioned in 2003, the ministry said, according to a report by Chinese state-run media Xinhua.

U.S.-based think tank the Heritage Foundation warned in early August that excessive flooding put dams located on the upstream of the Yangtze River under increasing stress.

Should the Three Gorges dam collapse, the think tank said the massive torrent of water would affect millions living downstream, inundating cities including Wuhan and wiping out extensive cropland, with China already threatened by a food shortage.

In Sichuan, local authorities raised the flood control response to the highest level (level one) of China's four-tier system on Aug. 18, one day after raising its level from three to two, according to Xinhua. Floodwaters forced local authorities to evacuate more than 100,000 people on Aug. 18, some of them residents of Ya'an, who had to escape after the city's water banks burst on Aug. 17.

China has been grappling with heavy rainstorms since June. Floods have affected at least 54.8 million people in 27 provinces and regions, according to the latest data from China's Ministry of Emergency Management. But some Chinese netizens question the authorities' data and believe the true number of casualties to be higher.