Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

A

Why I Think Facebook Is So Lame

Started by Anonymous, November 16, 2013, 10:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"To me Facebook is a Yin Yang of attention whores and stalkers, not referring to anyone here.

Hey buddy, long time no see. :) Are ya waiting for Santa? I have been exceptionally good this year, so my list to the man in red will be longer than normal. ;)

BTW, I totally agree with your assessment of FB. People that crave attention and people that want to know your business. Fuck em both I say.

Frost

Quote from: "jaysings"
Quote from: "Blue"I hate the disorganization of the site, and lack of basic controls to block stuff you dislike.

I like a forum a lot more, and the best part is I can go to another thread if I don't like the page. :)

because what u dislike are posted by "your friends", u can get rid of the craps as long as u set your friends into your blacklist.

I have like 5 friends on there, and never really check much what they do.

It's just they talked me into starting an account.

What annoys me is one likes games, and I get a lot of game stuff I'm not even interested in, and another post pictures all day of send this to 7 people you will be blessed  :roll:

It just fills the whole page with garbage, and I rather look at something more intelligent, or at least interesting.

I have turned off a lot of stuff in the settings, but it's still not enough, and I would hate to just ban a friend.

jaysings

Quote from: "Blue"
Quote from: "Blue"I hate the disorganization of the site, and lack of basic controls to block stuff you dislike.

I like a forum a lot more, and the best part is I can go to another thread if I don't like the page. :)

because what u dislike are posted by "your friends", u can get rid of the craps as long as u set your friends into your blacklist.

What annoys me is one likes games, and I get a lot of game stuff I'm not even interested in, and another post pictures all day of send this to 7 people you will be blessed  :roll:

It just fills the whole page with garbage, and I rather look at something more intelligent, or at least interesting.

I have turned off a lot of stuff in the settings, but it's still not enough, and I would hate to just ban a friend.
[/b]

for me, I will freeze up my account as the prior consideration and I really did so just because banning any friend of mine is the last thing I wanna do.

Anonymous

Hello Mr. Blue Frost, how nice to see you here..

:)

That one predates Facebook.

Anonymous

[/b]

for me, I will freeze up my account as the prior consideration and I really did so just because banning any friend of mine is the last thing I wanna do.

I just quit cold turkey Jay. Too much hassle for shit I don't enjoy anyway.

Frost

Ill try to blacklist them, Ill have to look into how. I only check it occasionally because someone ask me to do so, but still it would be nice if more like a forum .

I actually thought about making a friends, and family forum, that way they can have their own section, and post what they like.

I could just ignore their section if I wish.

Frost

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Hey ;-)

Yeah that stuff has been around a long long time, I got them back in the 80s even.

They still make new ones, and they are just as annoying.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Hey ;-)

Yeah that stuff has been around a long long time, I got them back in the 80s even.

They still make new ones, and they are just as annoying.

Back in the days of snail mail eh Frosty?

Frost

Very snail, it took like an hour for some web pages to load, and it was just script.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"Very snail, it took like an hour for some web pages to load, and it was just script.

No web pages in the 80's Frosty.

Frost

Well what ever they was they came up, it was green looking, and ugly stuff.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"Well what ever they was they came up, it was green looking, and ugly stuff.

I don't know what you mean, but I do know what you mean about all that bullshit on FB.

Frost

I don't think I ever used snail mail, I do remember a type of ICQ chat when my friend got his computer. It was alright, but slow, and annoying.

The old script I was talking about was just some old DOS pages with info on them, and some Utility company stuff that we found.

there was a Record place also you could order from.

On facebook It would be nice if you could just make stuff where you didn't have to see it, the side pains, and irrelevant images.

My mother complains all the time about aunts, and cousins posting silly stuff some spamming the board.

Odinson

Ill try to blacklist them, Ill have to look into how. I only check it occasionally because someone ask me to do so, but still it would be nice if more like a forum .

I actually thought about making a friends, and family forum, that way they can have their own section, and post what they like.

I could just ignore their section if I wish.

I just keep it to contact my old friends.

Frost

I have few some old friends, i rather they stay away :lol: ones in prison, one has to many kids, and another is just a bum.