Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

CANZUK

Started by Anonymous, August 24, 2020, 10:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

This was part of Erin O'Toole's platform. It sounds like a good idea.

With the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union and Prime Minister Boris Johnson eager to negotiate new free trade deals, it is time for Canada to play a leading role in working closer with some of our longest and closest Commonwealth allies.  Like-minded countries with a commitment to freedom should be doing more in an era where freedom and liberty are becoming scarcer.  Therefore, like I did three years ago, I will propose a Canada-Australia-New Zealand-United Kingdom ("CANZUK") agreement.  Within the first 100 days of an O'Toole government, I will name a Parliamentarian responsible for CANZUK and establish a working group to facilitate discussion of a potential CANZUK deal that includes:

Free trade and flow of capital investment between the partners;

Reciprocal freedom to study, live and work for citizens under expanded areas of labour coordination as agreed upon by the parties;

Enhanced defence and security partnerships including defence production agreements to allow for shared procurement abilities; and

Expanded intelligence cooperation especially in the areas of cyber-warfare and critical infrastructure support.

I will also recommend to CANZUK members that our countries collaborate on pressure for UN reform including matching Canadian holdbacks.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=377410 time=1598323748 user_id=114

With the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union and Prime Minister Boris Johnson eager to negotiate new free trade deals, it is time for Canada to play a leading role in working closer with some of our longest and closest Commonwealth allies.  Like-minded countries with a commitment to freedom should be doing more in an era where freedom and liberty are becoming scarcer.  Therefore, like I did three years ago, I will propose a Canada-Australia-New Zealand-United Kingdom ("CANZUK") agreement.  Within the first 100 days of an O'Toole government, I will name a Parliamentarian responsible for CANZUK and establish a working group to facilitate discussion of a potential CANZUK deal that includes:

Reciprocal freedom to study, live and work for citizens under expanded areas of labour coordination as agreed upon by the parties;

Enhanced defence and security partnerships including defence production agreements to allow for shared procurement abilities; and

Expanded intelligence cooperation especially in the areas of cyber-warfare and critical infrastructure support.

I will also recommend to CANZUK members that our countries collaborate on pressure for UN reform including matching Canadian holdbacks.

Good plan. The more I read about old O'Toole, the more I like the guy.

Anonymous

That's an interesting proposal Seoul.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=377417 time=1598324289 user_id=1689

He's a new ideas guy.  And it's no longer business as usual all over the world.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=377441 time=1598330223 user_id=1676
A before C....

lol, as long as trade is realigned.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=377435 time=1598328738 user_id=114

Ya, but it will take years to make it a reality.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=377546 time=1598383114 user_id=1689
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=377435 time=1598328738 user_id=114

Ya, but it will take years to make it a reality.

There has to be political will to make it happen outside just the UK. And the devil will be in the details even if it ever gets that far.