News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

I bought a Solo Stove Titan, SS pot, and collapsible tripod...

Started by Frood, August 16, 2020, 08:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

Quote from: Velvet post_id=376323 time=1597794119 user_id=2021
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=376006 time=1597580800 user_id=1676
Anyone have a play with these setups before?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQpbcIdjb8TlPgCSFs9nnbQkPxiXNujWu014g&usqp=CAU">

They run on twigs, pine cones, and anything on the canopy floor.

Very efficient (5-6 minutes for boiled water) and quick to put out should one hear the fire authority choppers approaching.

Don't campers have enough stuff to bring already.

It's quite compact and lightweight.

https://i.postimg.cc/6q8dDQKd/20200904-125551.jpg">
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Zetsu

I remember each camp sight I've went to have their own grill so we don't have to carry so much stuff, all we needed was a couple of pots and maybe a kettle.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=379020 time=1599189988 user_id=61
I remember each camp sight I've went to have their own grill so we don't have to carry so much stuff, all we needed was a couple of pots and maybe a kettle.

You are an urban boy that aint afraid of roughing it. The Seoul brother is about forty five or forty six and he said he aint ever slept in a tent.

Frood

Quote from: Herman post_id=379019 time=1599189584 user_id=1689
It is messed up that you even need to buy that.

I like solution driven products anyway. Here in the People's Republic of Kim Jong Dan Andrews, you can even be fined for collecting firewood in some places by park rangers... but they wouldn't be able to prove where twigs and other ground material came from.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=379023 time=1599191051 user_id=1676
Quote from: Herman post_id=379019 time=1599189584 user_id=1689
It is messed up that you even need to buy that.

I like solution driven products anyway. Here in the People's Republic of Kim Jong Dan Andrews, you can even be fined for collecting firewood in some places by park rangers... but they wouldn't be able to prove where twigs and other ground material came from.

Victoria is a police state. Most of the Western world is losing it's liberty.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=379040 time=1599196833 user_id=1676
">

That's crazy.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Berry Sweet

We use to do some back country camping...we bring a tent but some of guys would just throw a rope from tree to tree and throw a tarp over...others just in a sleeping bag around the fire.   I would just bring a simple grill...you can find rocks and pile them up, put the grill on top and make a fire...a small frying pan and a knife...and camping cups of course.  Bathe in a lake.

I was pretty young and actually never thought of some of the dangers and things that could go wrong out in the mountain...but we had all necessities, radio and some had guns.  I think back now and thank God nothing bad ever happened...

...I see stories of people going for a hike and they go missing...some never found...there's that one recent guy in Coquitlam that has been missing for a week now on a mountain hike...they can't  find him....it makes me wonder what happens to these people?!  These mountains trails are nearer to the city....where did he go?   We would drive for hours in the middle of fuckin nowhere...I would not want to be lost there.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=379046 time=1599200631 user_id=164
We use to do some back country camping...we bring a tent but some of guys would just throw a rope from tree to tree and throw a tarp over...others just in a sleeping bag around the fire.   I would just bring a simple grill...you can find rocks and pile them up, put the grill on top and make a fire...a small frying pan and a knife...and camping cups of course.  Bathe in a lake.

I was pretty young and actually never thought of some of the dangers and things that could go wrong out in the mountain...but we had all necessities, radio and some had guns.  I think back now and thank God nothing bad ever happened...

...I see stories of people going for a hike and they go missing...some never found...there's that one recent guy in Coquitlam that has been missing for a week now on a mountain hike...they can't  find him....it makes me wonder what happens to these people?!  These mountains trails are nearer to the city....where did he go?   We would drive for hours in the middle of fuckin nowhere...I would not want to be lost there.

In Manitoba, if you do not have a tent, the mosquitoes will suck every drop of blood from your body.

Frood

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=379048 time=1599201024 user_id=2015
Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=379046 time=1599200631 user_id=164

In Manitoba, if you do not have a tent, the mosquitoes will suck every drop of blood from your body.

Here too....at least a mosquito net. Then there are the ants, spiders, snakes, centipedes, millipedes, and scorpions.
Blahhhhhh...

Odinson

Some a-hole rented a cabin in here and refused to pay for it..

He said that the amount of mosquitos ruined everything..

The air is thick with bugs and you cant move around the forest without constantly waving your hands..

And you cant sleep without ear-plugs.. They are so loud.

Renee

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=379044 time=1599200023 user_id=1676
Dan and his top pigs need to fucking go...

">

"No Australian will Tolerate"???

Does your Premier have this kind of totalitarian control or is it a gross over reach of his authority?

If it is a blatant over reach of authority, what exactly are you as citizens going to do about it...Is there anything you can you about it? I know you can do something come election time but are there any legal recourse you have at the moment?
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Frood

Quote from: Renee post_id=379064 time=1599223088 user_id=156
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=379044 time=1599200023 user_id=1676
Dan and his top pigs need to fucking go...

">

"No Australian will Tolerate"???

Does your Premier have this kind of totalitarian control or is it a gross over reach of his authority?

If it is a blatant over reach of authority, what exactly are you as citizens going to do about it...Is there anything you can you about it? I know you can do something come election time but are there any legal recourse you have at the moment?

It's basically martial law now.

We have no rights.
Blahhhhhh...