The best topic

Replies: 8460
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 12:22:25 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

China and Taiwan at war soon?

Started by Frood, August 26, 2020, 10:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=401485 time=1613005667 user_id=61
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=401482 time=1613005368 user_id=1676
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=401478 time=1613004735 user_id=61
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=401414 time=1612974839 user_id=3254
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=401408 time=1612944794 user_id=61
Think they already missed the chance, not when the vaccine is out and one of the US carrier that was plague with COVID should be now back online.

China coud pass the US in new generation fighter jets.

I find it kind of hard to believe, a few years ago the news media mention China's J20 or was it the J31's engine emits black smoke during an air show due to engine burning efficiency factors, China still struggle to build a Nimitz class carrier and worst of all, they have practically zero modern war experience.  But then at the same time China isn't stupid, they aren't going to fight the US head to head after seeing the USSR failed and collapsed and will mainly resort to any cunning tricks they can come up with.

Things like sabotage, EMP, viruses, economics...

Exactly, China knows all Western democratic nation's biggest weakness and will use those methods along with infiltration to divide and take over.

Shen Li and cc have said the same thing.....and all of you are correct.

Zetsu

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=401483 time=1613005527 user_id=3254
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=401408 time=1612944794 user_id=61
Think they already missed the chance, not when the vaccine is out and one of the US carrier that was plague with COVID should be now back online.

I find it kind of hard to believe, a few years ago the news media mention China's J20 or was it the J31's engine emits black smoke during an air show due to engine burning efficiency factors, China still struggle to build a Nimitz class carrier and worst of all, they have practically zero modern war experience.  But then at the same time China isn't stupid, they aren't going to fight the US head to head after seeing the USSR failed and collapsed and will mainly resort to any cunning tricks they can come up with.

I've heard of that..

Pan green Taiwanese presidents and elected members of Taiwan's legislative Yuan are very concerned about China's elctronic warfare capabilities.

I remember some expert once mentioned if a EMP stealth missile detonates in the middle of the nation on the stratosphere can cause a permanent black out for countries the size of China or the US, lol.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=401487 time=1613006194 user_id=61

I've heard of that..

Pan green Taiwanese presidents and elected members of Taiwan's legislative Yuan are very concerned about China's elctronic warfare capabilities.

I remember some expert once mentioned if a EMP stealth missile detonates in the middle of the nation on the stratosphere can cause a permanent black out for countries the size of China or the US, lol.

:ohmy:

Frood

I've heard of that..

Yes, and aside from some hardened gov infrastructure, everything else would grind to a halt. No transport, no food, no water treatment, no strong communications, no health care, no pharmaceuticals, no fire fighting, no order.

Nations would eat themselves within weeks...
Blahhhhhh...

Odinson

EMP has been around for a long time.

Chinas new carrier might be or might not be nuclear powered.

Still... USA has 10 nimitz class carriers plus smaller ones.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=401500 time=1613008683 user_id=1676

I've heard of that..

Yes, and aside from some hardened gov infrastructure, everything else would grind to a halt. No transport, no food, no water treatment, no strong communications, no health care, no pharmaceuticals, no fire fighting, no order.

Nations would eat themselves within weeks...

That's pretty freaking damn scary just thinking of it, I don't really feel like going back to the old industrial revolution days, assuming if I can survive, which I surely doubt.  I just hope the US have or build that Star Wars anti missile defense system they've been talking about for decades.
Permanently off his rocker

Odinson

It makes sense to keep the best stuff hidden from public eye.

Anonymous

The Chinese regime's top diplomat on March 7 warned the Biden administration to undo former President Donald Trump's "dangerous practice" of supporting Taiwan, the democratic island that Beijing claims as its territory.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=404491 time=1615176559 user_id=1689
The Chinese regime's top diplomat on March 7 warned the Biden administration to undo former President Donald Trump's "dangerous practice" of supporting Taiwan, the democratic island that Beijing claims as its territory.

China is always trying to dictate who Western countries, in fact all countries, can and cannot talk to.

Anonymous

Beijing Accelerating Timeline for Possible Invasion of Taiwan, Expert Warns

TAIPEI, Taiwan—The Chinese communist regime is accelerating its plans to invade Taiwan, an expert warns, as Beijing ratchets up military maneuvers against the island.

Twenty Chinese military aircraft—including four nuclear-capable H-6K bombers, 10 J-16 fighter jets, two Y-8 anti-submarine warfare aircraft, and a KJ-500 airborne early warning and control aircraft—entered Taiwan's air defense identification zone (ADIZ) on March 26, according to Taiwan's Ministry of National Defense. It was the largest incursion ever reported by the ministry.

Taiwan's ADIZ, located adjacent to the island's territorial airspace, is an area where incoming planes must identify themselves to the island's air traffic controller.

The incursion caps off a significant increase in hostility by Beijing against Taiwan since 2020. Taiwan's President Tsai Ing-wen, re-elected last January, has taken a hard line against threats posed by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), while the island has deepened its cooperation with the United States—prompting the regime to escalate its warmongering towards the island.

The island's coast guard on April 1 announced that Beijing has been flying unmanned drones near Taiwan's Dongsha Island, located in the northern part of the South China Sea. The authority said it could not rule out that Beijing was using the drones to carry out reconnaissance.

Alongside military actions, the regime has sharpened its rhetoric towards the island. Earlier this year, a Chinese defense spokesperson threatened war against Taiwan if it declared independence.

On March 31, Hu Xijin, editor-in-chief of hawkish state-run media Global Times, wrote on his social media, that he would like to order able-bodied men to go blow up bunkers in Taiwan in the event of war.

Preparing to Invade

Beijing's incursions are part of a series of dry runs in preparation for an invasion of Taiwan, John Mills, the former director of cybersecurity policy, strategy, and international affairs at the Office of the Secretary of Defense, told The Epoch Times.

Mills projects that these exercises could culminate in a large-scale dry run in the next two years. These dry runs are necessary, Mills said, given the complexity of amphibious landing operations—as well as how the Chinese military has never conducted a forced landing on a hostile power in a real-life situation before.

Any amphibious assault on Taiwan may also involve swarms of Chinese civilian merchant vessels and fishing boats, Mills said.

He believes that an invasion could come in the next three years—much earlier than the six-year estimate given by U.S. Adm. Philip Davidson, head of the U.S. Indo-Pacific Command, during a congressional hearing in early March.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_breakingnews/beijing-accelerating-timeline-for-possible-invasion-of-taiwan-expert-warns_3759688.html?&utm_source=newsnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-04-05-1&mktids=c14cbb7a295332445e2d1242c43aa9a4">https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_break ... 42c43aa9a4">https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_breakingnews/beijing-accelerating-timeline-for-possible-invasion-of-taiwan-expert-warns_3759688.html?&utm_source=newsnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-04-05-1&mktids=c14cbb7a295332445e2d1242c43aa9a4

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=407623 time=1617936518 user_id=1689
[media]
">
[/media]

From what I've read, I think a Chinese invasion and takeover of Taiwan would use e-warfare.

Anonymous

The Chinese Regime Is Ready to Attack Taiwan

The Chinese regime's recent activities in the vicinity of the Taiwan Strait have greatly increased and its internal activities signal that they are prepared for an attack on Taiwan.

On March 23, U.S. Adm. John Aquilino said during a hearing over his nomination to become commander of the U.S. Indo-Pacific Command (INDOPACOM) that the CCP could attack Taiwan much earlier than what most people expect.

The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has been making final preparations against Taiwan over the past two years. Still, the timing and the intensity of the attack probably depend whether they believe the United States will fully support Taiwan.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morningbrief/the-chinese-regime-is-ready-to-attack-taiwan_3768455.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2021-04-11&mktids=7b98d9590e0d9b93e3dc2bd608497ef0&est=gaHjGCUerRP0iYgtl6VtWtZ3MIxTobmodSA069UySXhLA7Uv%2BezLCKrjhTx4Ry2j4w%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morni ... 2j4w%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morningbrief/the-chinese-regime-is-ready-to-attack-taiwan_3768455.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2021-04-11&mktids=7b98d9590e0d9b93e3dc2bd608497ef0&est=gaHjGCUerRP0iYgtl6VtWtZ3MIxTobmodSA069UySXhLA7Uv%2BezLCKrjhTx4Ry2j4w%3D%3D

Frood

Quote from: Odinson post_id=401501 time=1613009279 user_id=136
EMP has been around for a long time.

Chinas new carrier might be or might not be nuclear powered.

Still... USA has 10 nimitz class carriers plus smaller ones.

The seas don't matter anymore... it's the skies and space above.
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=407628 time=1617937277 user_id=3254
Quote from: Herman post_id=407623 time=1617936518 user_id=1689
[media]
">
[/media]

From what I've read, I think a Chinese invasion and takeover of Taiwan would use e-warfare.

It will be atmospheric pulses in the sky, relatively clean, but all nations trying to send each other back to the stone age.

No nation can afford to do different. They'll try to to wipe out each other's grids, electricity, and personal electronics... then billions will die.
Blahhhhhh...