The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Medical situation on the skytrain

Started by Annie, November 21, 2013, 12:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Annie

Oh and she'll be having a liver transplant, not sure when, we're in the early stages of the doctor setting it up with us. She's got a lot on her plate!
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Oh and she'll be having a liver transplant, not sure when, we're in the early stages of the doctor setting it up with us. She's got a lot on her plate!

Holy fuck Annie!! What is wrong with her liver?

Annie

She has Caroli's and her  liver is in the first stages of failure, without a transplant she will die.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"She has Caroli's and her  liver is in the first stages of failure, without a transplant she will die.

I never heard of it Annie, but this is what wiki has written;
QuoteCaroli disease is a rare inherited disorder characterized by dilatation of the intrahepatic bile ducts. There are two types of Caroli disease, the most common being the simple, or isolated case where the bile ducts are widened by ectasia. The second, more complex, cause is commonly known as Caroli Syndrome. This complex form is also linked with portal hypertension and congenital hepatic fibrosis. [1] The differences between the causes of the two cases have not yet been discovered. Caroli disease is also associated with liver failure and polycystic kidney disease. The disease affects about 1 in 1,000,000 people, with more reported cases of Caroli syndrome than of Caroli disease. [2]

Annie

But! Thank goodness they can do living organ transplants! So we have a better chance of getting one. I haven't broken the news to our son yet. If he's a perfect match I KNOW he will be the first person to step up and give her some of his.  Did you know that a healthy person can grow they're liver back? He's super healthy but I worry because he's starting his under graduate in January and I don't want him to lose the course after paying for it :-(

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"But! Thank goodness they can do living organ transplants! So we have a better chance of getting one. I haven't broken the news to our son yet. If he's a perfect match I KNOW he will be the first person to step up and give her some of his.  Did you know that a healthy person can grow they're liver back? He's super healthy but I worry because he's starting his under graduate in January and I don't want him to lose the course after paying for it :-(

I had no idea that living transplants were possible. I thought donating an organ other than a kidney was an all or nothing deal. Someone dies and organs like their liver if they are healthy can be transplanted into a healthy person. Cutting out part of someone's liver and growing it back? I never would have guessed.

What a friggin dilemma for your family. Your son may be the perfect match. Risky operation I would think.

Annie

Risky maybe for her but we've already done all the kidney and heart tests and they're all healthy enough and working well and the Dr feels she would do well with a transplant. We've had so many close calls our entire lives, it's a friggin miracle ten times over she's still here and considering all she has (polycystic kidney disease, ASD/heart defect with a device to keep her blood flowing the proper way) No one with her condition has lived past 21, without a transplant, so this will be another life saver.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Risky maybe for her but we've already done all the kidney and heart tests and they're all healthy enough and working well and the Dr feels she would do well with a transplant. We've had so many close calls our entire lives, it's a friggin miracle ten times over she's still here and considering all she has (polycystic kidney disease, ASD/heart defect with a device to keep her blood flowing the proper way) No one with her condition has lived past 21, without a transplant, so this will be another life saver.

I am just amazed that they can cut part of a liver out of one person, put it in another person and they both will grow a full liver. The human body is fucking amazing.

Annie

Annie

Oh and now within 2 years after a person has a transplant, they might not even have to take any anti rejection drugs! Soo, that will be even less side effects, less cost, less worrying if a pill is missed.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Oh and she'll be having a liver transplant, not sure when, we're in the early stages of the doctor setting it up with us. She's got a lot on her plate!

:cry:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Oh and now within 2 years after a person has a transplant, they might not even have to take any anti rejection drugs! Soo, that will be even less side effects, less cost, less worrying if a pill is missed.

Medical technology is a blessing from God Ms. Annie..

She will be in my prayers.

keeper

This case is much different, she knew what to do and exactly how to do it and the lady was not in danger of dying. She was having a seizure and my kid recognized that and decided to help her because she knew she could. I know she would do it again and for anyone who needed help if she knew what and how to do it. So, I'm not at all worried about her being sued.[/quote]

Annie, With respect, I wasn't disputing that your lovely courageous Daughter knew what she was doing, But, you do not know she wasn't in any danger of dying. People that have seizures die all the time, a friend of mine died from one. My point I was making is you have to be careful when dealing with a situation that can potentially end you up in trouble no matter of what good intentions you have. 4 years of my friends life was ruined Annie because he wanted to help someone was all I was pointing out. I feel bad now for how I explained THAT situation. Your daughter is so brave, I hope I didn't make you think other wise.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"Annie, With respect, I wasn't disputing that your lovely courageous Daughter knew what she was doing, But, you do not know she wasn't in any danger of dying. People that have seizures die all the time, a friend of mine died from one. My point I was making is you have to be careful when dealing with a situation that can potentially end you up in trouble no matter of what good intentions you have. 4 years of my friends life was ruined Annie because he wanted to help someone was all I was pointing out. I feel bad now for how I explained THAT situation. Your daughter is so brave, I hope I didn't make you think other wise.

I have heard about the liability thing Keeps. People with training afraid to help for fear of being held liable. Speaks volumes about the problems with our civil laws.

Annie

It would be really stupid to go after and sue and ruin they're life because they helped them. But I see your point Keeper. One would have to be wary just in case. Isn't there a saying about how a good deed doesn't go unpunished?  :shock: