Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

MasterChef Brazil showed me something

Started by Rancidmilko, October 07, 2020, 04:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

A trip to Brazil is not on my bucket list like a golf trip to Scotland is. But, it's a country I would want to visit.

cc

Scotland you will see VERY different courses. On most you will find semi groomed landing areas with natural rough between

Very sloping greens with turf to perfection ...  if you can land and stick on them as many slope away from hole placements
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=386150 time=1602278193 user_id=88
Scotland you will see VERY different courses. On most you will find semi groomed landing areas with natural rough between

Very sloping greens with turf to perfection ...  if you can land and stick on them as many slope away from hole placements

Do you golf cc?

cc

Used to ... Full time as teen  & 20s ... Lost interest as courses got crowded and 4some mandatory (not my style)

We did often get to play evenings till dark when working on projects - When it was an existing course, most gave us free cart and play after few were out there  .. just the 2 of us alone out there till it was too dark .. We did enjoy that a lot

We never liked to play for score or conventionally .. rather liked alone and could hit several shots into green ... the joy of getting a 7 or 8 iron right, way high in the air, mate had natural draw (right > left) . . would start it maybe 30 ft to right,  watch it slowly draw toward pin .. bounce high beyond pin & spin back to pin ... those things we enjoyed.  ..  a group, crowded course, betting and playing conventionally for score not much.

He has one of those smooth "fluid" natural swings and hit short irons so high one could hardly see it until it headed down and drew toward pin .. I could watch him for hours ..

Seoul knows what I'm sayin

I was OK, just not as "natural fluid swing" like him
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Odinson

Latinos are really romantic people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neV1E4Maie8&feature=emb_title">
... =emb_title">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neV1E4Maie8&feature=emb_title

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=386150 time=1602278193 user_id=88

I want to see the contrast between Scottish courses and our own.

Anonymous

I've worked in Scotland and Brazil. In the words of my old buddy Gordy Gambino, Brazilian gals are "rootable", Scottish gals aint.