Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:06:59 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Covid and lock downs in a nutshell

Started by Frood, September 06, 2020, 11:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: caskur post_id=382869 time=1600579216 user_id=2156
Canada is down the shitter according to all your continual bitching and moaning, Western Australia is not. Our economy is strong, growing and our citizens alive and safe, covid-free and where it has slowed in areas, (which it does not) they would be rectified. We have over 190 + billion $ per year to devi up

I fucking LOVED the lock down when we had it but now the economy is back to work and driving is imposible with too many cars at peak hour, it's not pure bliss anymore driving around.

I'm sorry our WA success story appears to unhinge you all but there you have it.

Canada has no future, but not because of COVID. Although, lock downs only exacerbated our economic decline. There will be a vaccine. Economies will come back to where they were pre pandemic.

I think most of us are appalled by your selfishness. Whole sectors of economies across the Western world are gone and it's unlikely many small businesses will ever return.  The loss of service industries has wiped out $17 billion in industrial output over an eighteen month period.

All of that for what? There is still no vaccine. My province only has a few cases a day and some days zero. We get another outbreak and they will lock this place down tighter than a drum again.

Do you not care at all that people that lock downs have killed people through cancelled surgeries/therapies/treatments, alcoholism, suicide, depression, drug abuse.  When an open economy, government and schools with a mask mandate would have had the same results minus economic losses and social/medical problems.

Anonymous

There is no country,state or province in the world that has done well during this pandemic. Even Taiwan which presently has no active cases and has never had a Western style lock down, exports are lower, and employment participation rates are below pandemic levels. What Taiwan doesn't have is all the medical and social costs that countries like Australia and Canada, that had/have lock downs have to deal with.

caskur

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=382876 time=1600582029 user_id=3254
There is no country,state or province in the world that has done well during this pandemic. Even Taiwan which presently has no active cases and has never had a Western style lock down, exports are lower, and employment participation rates are below pandemic levels. What Taiwan doesn't have is all the medical and social costs that countries like Australia and Canada, that had/have lock downs have to deal with.

Again untrue.  I posted a "financial review" of fortress WA above. You didn't read, obviously. Try and read it properly again when you have time naturally.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: Herman post_id=382874 time=1600581715 user_id=1689
Canada is down the shitter according to all your continual bitching and moaning, Western Australia is not. Our economy is strong, growing and our citizens alive and safe, covid-free and where it has slowed in areas, (which it does not) they would be rectified. We have over 190 + billion $ per year to devi up

I fucking LOVED the lock down when we had it but now the economy is back to work and driving is imposible with too many cars at peak hour, it's not pure bliss anymore driving around.

I'm sorry our WA success story appears to unhinge you all but there you have it.

Canada has no future, but not because of COVID. Although, lock downs only exacerbated our economic decline. There will be a vaccine. Economies will come back to where they were pre pandemic.

I think most of us are appalled by your selfishness. Whole sectors of economies across the Western world are gone and it's unlikely many small businesses will ever return.  The loss of service industries has wiped out $17 billion in industrial output over an eighteen month period.

All of that for what? There is still no vaccine. My province only has a few cases a day and some days zero. We get another outbreak and they will lock this place down tighter than a drum again.

Do you not care at all that people that lock downs have killed people through cancelled surgeries/therapies/treatments, alcoholism, suicide, depression, drug abuse.  When an open economy, government and schools with a mask mandate would have had the same results minus economic losses and social/medical problems.

I have ZERO time for cry babies, druggies, or suicides like you have zero time for protecting the community against the virus and protecting front line workers.

And selfish people are drinkers and druggies who put their addictions before their families.... lets not get it twisted here, mmk?

Go flirt with the evil slut Dovey and cheat on your wife some more!!!!
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: caskur post_id=382877 time=1600583459 user_id=2156
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=382876 time=1600582029 user_id=3254

Again untrue.  I posted a "financial review" of fortress WA above. You didn't read, obviously. Try and read it properly again when you have time naturally.

caskur, you didn't understand what you posted. Your state is operating at seventy per cent capacity compared to pre lock down. Which is standard across the Western world.

Anonymous

Quote from: caskur post_id=382878 time=1600584555 user_id=2156

I have ZERO time for cry babies, druggies, or suicides like you have zero time for protecting the community against the virus and protecting front line workers.

And selfish people are drinkers and druggies who put their addictions before their families.... lets not get it twisted here, mmk?

Of all COVID deaths in Australia, the largest single group has been women over the age of eighty. The number of excess deaths not related to COVID on the other hand is about fifty per cent higher than that and the demographic is much younger. All thanks to lock downs because your country did not have a serious plan to deal with a pandemic.

Contrast that with say Fash's home country, Taiwan, that never had a lock down. They use technology and science to temporarily contain the virus. Their exports are down and employment participation rates are lower than they were before the China virus went global. But, they don't have all the excess deaths that Western countries that imposed draconian lock downs. Their economies didn't contract as much as Australia or Canada either.

The argument in favour of lock downs is so easily debunked as we've done here. Lock downs provide cover for politicians who failed to plan for worst case scenarios. As cc said, all they do is delay the inevitable. Keep in mind, that Western governments are so ill prepared to deal with pandemics, they are prepared to go back into full lock downs as Victoria has done. Scary isn't it.

Zetsu

[size=150]Australian recession confirmed as COVID-19 triggers biggest economic plunge on record[/size]

Australia is officially in its first recession for almost three decades, with the June quarter GDP numbers showing the economy went backwards by 7 per cent — the worst fall on record and slightly worse than most economists had predicted.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-02/australian-recession-confirmed-as-economy-shrinks-in-june-qtr/12619950">https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-02/ ... r/12619950">https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-02/australian-recession-confirmed-as-economy-shrinks-in-june-qtr/12619950
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=382891 time=1600616588 user_id=61

Recessions lead to the loss of jobs, economic opportunity and ultimately increased death rates. Forced lock downs have caused the worst recession and societal despair in ninety years.

Zetsu

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=382894 time=1600617487 user_id=114

Recessions lead to the loss of jobs, economic opportunity and ultimately. Forced lock downs have caused the worst recession and societal despair in ninety years.

The problem is caskur doesn't seem to care as long as she's not the one paying the bills.

Anonymous

Well some people believe what people tell them because the experts tell them. But, the experts have contradicted themselves frequently throughout this pandemic.

What this pandemic and our draconian tactics, never used in modern times have shown us, is that we don't really know what we are doing. I am not saying I would not have panicked if I was in government and shut down everything until I figured out what the heck is going on. But, we have seen the cost to society for our failure to prepare. There cannot be another hard lock down again. And I mean ever.

Zetsu

I couldn't agree enough with Fash here, aside from waiting for the vaccine, wearing masks and strict hygiene is the key.

Hong Kong has 12x the population density of Toronto but only has an average of about 1/10th of Toronto's COVID-19 cases and doesn't need lock downs.

[size=150]How Hong Kong beat coronavirus and avoided lockdown[/size]

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/03/how-hong-kong-beat-coronavirus-and-avoided-lockdown.html">https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/03/how-hon ... kdown.html">https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/03/how-hong-kong-beat-coronavirus-and-avoided-lockdown.html

caskur

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=382889 time=1600615872 user_id=114
Quote from: caskur post_id=382878 time=1600584555 user_id=2156

Of all COVID deaths in Australia, the largest single group has been women over the age of eighty. The number of excess deaths not related to COVID on the other hand is about fifty per cent higher than that and the demographic is much younger. All thanks to lock downs because your country did not have a serious plan to deal with a pandemic.

Contrast that with say Fash's home country, Taiwan, that never had a lock down. They use technology and science to temporarily contain the virus. Their exports are down and employment participation rates are lower than they were before the China virus went global. But, they don't have all the excess deaths that Western countries that imposed draconian lock downs. Their economies didn't contract as much as Australia or Canada either.

The argument in favour of lock downs is so easily debunked as we've done here. Lock downs provide cover for politicians who failed to plan for worst case scenarios. As cc said, all they do is delay the inevitable. Keep in mind, that Western governments are so ill prepared to deal with pandemics, they are prepared to go back into full lock downs as Victoria has done. Scary isn't it.

Which part of it being NOT about just death don't you get from the first dozen times I've ventured a post on this subject????????

We had a 60 Minutes special last night about how sick the "recovered" still are 5.5 months later... how they cannot even run a block before needing to curl up on a bed for the next 24 hours. It's not my problem your country has decided to keep hiding the truth from you or you are picking and choosing what bullshit suits your agenda.

This virus is not the bloody flu like some of you here think, and yes, I know you've already had it. You might want to keep your eyes on your permanent scarred lungs and having your kidneys checked every now and again ... And the brain fog you get, I don't have a solution for.....

And as far as WA's economy is concerned... so we don't rake in the whole 190+ billion like WA normally do this year... big deal, we'd still be top 50 of the richest countries in the world standing apart from the Eastern States dropkicks...

I'll be going out now... no masks, no restricted areas, no problems what-so-ever without a care in the world.

Your country should have been in the same situation as us and this disease should have been controlled in your country earlier.

The reason we have LESS deaths is because our hospitals are not overwhelmed and our patient get individual first class care so survival rate is very good. The survivors still can't work though.

Have a nice day!~
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Let's face it, the only reason that developed countries shut down everything for a while was because they had no plan for pandemics like some Asian countries did. Australia, Canada and the States didn't even have adequate supplies of PPE. And that's not the worst of it. When the second wave hits, these countries will lock down again because they still have no proper pandemic response plan.

caskur

Quote from: Velvet post_id=383252 time=1600700333 user_id=2021
Let's face it, the only reason that developed countries shut down everything for a while was because they had no plan for pandemics like some Asian countries did. Australia, Canada and the States didn't even have adequate supplies of PPE. And that's not the worst of it. When the second wave hits, these countries will lock down again because they still have no proper pandemic response plan.

They ran short of masks. You are right, they were unprepared mostly.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=382955 time=1600632433 user_id=61
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=382894 time=1600617487 user_id=114

Recessions lead to the loss of jobs, economic opportunity and ultimately. Forced lock downs have caused the worst recession and societal despair in ninety years.

The problem is caskur doesn't seem to care as long as she's not the one paying the bills.

Western Australia is not in a recession and you are right I loathe having to prop up the eastern states paying their bills with WA money....  I will be forced against my will to give money to the other side. Would you like being forced to bail out strangers thus solving problems they brought on themselves?
- Andy Warhol