Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

Quote from: Renee post_id=379827 time=1599755830 user_id=156
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=379816 time=1599754504 user_id=1676
Quote from: Renee post_id=379813 time=1599753753 user_id=156
Quote from: Velvet post_id=379557 time=1599578017 user_id=2021
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=379504 time=1599523727 user_id=1676
Rat coffin: A meat pie with flaky pastry

Junior Burger: A pretty teenage girl at a fast food drive thru windows.

Wingnut: person of Asian extraction.

Dead Horse: tomato sauce aka ketchup

Stubby: short bottle of beer

Grouse: good, great, or admirable

Bonzer: same as grouse

Grabagranny: Over 28's nightclub or pub

I won't buy another meat pie ever again.

Here in NJ we refer to White Castle sliders as "ratburgers". If you want cheese on it you say "ratburger with a tail".

Fortunately you have to be really wasted to eat that shit...It's classic drunk food... :laugh3:

Jersey?

My stomping grounds a long time ago...

Really?....Then you should know what a "Triple Bypass" is or a "Ripper".  :laugh:

We were only allowed pizzas, hoagies, and McDonald's a few times a year...  ac_unsure
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=379826 time=1599755771 user_id=3254
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=379805 time=1599750424 user_id=1676
Hedgehogs:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQvcNO1iR5wbj_6QU0kwv-B5LTJKZZ3aYiDWw&usqp=CAU">

Do you like desserts DD?

I don't eat sweets except a tiny bit of chocolate or ice cream occasionally...
Blahhhhhh...

Renee

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=379829 time=1599756291 user_id=1676

Here in NJ we refer to White Castle sliders as "ratburgers". If you want cheese on it you say "ratburger with a tail".

Fortunately you have to be really wasted to eat that shit...It's classic drunk food... :laugh3:

Jersey?

Really?....Then you should know what a "Triple Bypass" is or a "Ripper".  :laugh:

We were only allowed pizzas, hoagies, and McDonald's a few times a year...  ac_unsure

Neither are any of those things..

A "Triple Bypass" is the NJ signature breakfast sandwich, Pork Roll or Taylor ham, fried egg over easy, cheese and ketchup on a kaiser roll. Eat one of those in the morning and you aren't hungry until dinner....the next day.

A "Ripper" is a deep fried hot dog found at Rutt's Hut in Clifton NJ. Rutt's has been there since 1928 and some of the grease on the walls has been there just as long.. :laugh3: Rutt's has been featured on The Travel Channel and the Food Network and is considered one of the 25 best places in the US to get a hot dog.

I don't suppose you know what a "Fat Bitch" is?...And don't be a wise ass... :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Frood

Quote from: Renee post_id=379831 time=1599757129 user_id=156

Jersey?

A "Triple Bypass" is the NJ signature breakfast sandwich, Pork Roll or Taylor ham, fried egg over easy, cheese and ketchup on a kaiser roll. Eat one of those in the morning and you aren't hungry until dinner....the next day.

A "Ripper" is a deep fried hot dog found at Rutt's Hut in Clifton NJ. Rutt's has been there since 1928 and some of the grease on the walls has been there just as long.. :laugh3: Rutt's has been featured on The Travel Channel and the Food Network and is considered one of the 25 best places in the US to get a hot dog.

I don't suppose you know what a "Fat Bitch" is?...And don't be a wise ass... :laugh3:

We didn't experience any of those foods growing up in Southern Jersey... but they're not special to NJ...
Blahhhhhh...

Renee

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=379833 time=1599757892 user_id=1676

Jersey?

We didn't experience any of those foods growing up in Southern Jersey... but they're not special to NJ...

Ah, a "Piney"... :laugh3:  Did you think your sister or your mom were hot?... :laugh3:

Not judging here so don't get upset.

BTW, Case Pork Roll and Taylor Ham are "special" to NJ. In recent years you can sometimes find it outside NJ in places like the Southern Tier of NY, Eastern PA of Parts of Delaware. But try finding it west of Allentown PA...Good luck.

Just like that nasty Scraple from PA....It's a regional thing.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frood

Quote from: Renee post_id=379857 time=1599768347 user_id=156
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=379833 time=1599757892 user_id=1676

Jersey?

Ah, a "Piney"... :laugh3:  Did you think your sister or your mom were hot?... :laugh3:

Not judging here so don't get upset.

BTW, Case Pork Roll and Taylor Ham are "special" to NJ. In recent years you can sometimes find it outside NJ in places like the Southern Tier of NY, Eastern PA of Parts of Delaware. But try finding it west of Allentown PA...Good luck.

Just like that nasty Scraple from PA....It's a regional thing.

About 30 minutes from Philly though we prided ourselves on not being indigenous nose-talking originals of the state.

The food you've described isn't special to NJ or the tri-state area. Citizens always like to think that there are regional specialities to their area but they're just deluding themselves. I used to poke fun at Philadelphians for their big boasts of so special bread rolls used for cheese steaks, too...so don't crack the shittles... nothing personal.
Blahhhhhh...

Renee

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=379865 time=1599769609 user_id=1676

About 30 minutes from Philly though we prided ourselves on not being indigenous nose-talking originals of the state.

The food you've described isn't special to NJ or the tri-state area. Citizens always like to think that there are regional specialities to their area but they're just deluding themselves. I used to poke fun at Philadelphians for their big boasts of so special bread rolls used for cheese steaks, too...so don't crack the shittles... nothing personal.

30 mins outside Philly? ac_umm Nasal sounding.. ac_umm ...I guessing Camden, Cherry Hill or maybe the Depford area. No offense but that's not even NJ. That's some kind of forgotten hinterland that retired Philadephians pass through on their way to the slots in AC. ... :laugh3:

I'm sorry you're wrong. To this day certain foods are still regional. It's not just the citizens that think that way. Food critics from around the globe acknowledge regional dishes and delicacies.

BTW, you didn't answer my question regarding what's a "Fat Bitch" or maybe the more PC name, "Fat ...."? There are 38 different types and you are not going to find the original outside of New Brunswick NJ. They originated at the College Ave Grease Trucks in the 1980s and they're a shitfaced Saturday night Rutgers dietary staple.....:laugh3:

At least they were when I attended Big Red....I can't speak for the latte sipping, fagachino guzzling, vegan pizza eating, new breed of college student. They would probably curl up in a ball and die if they even got near a "Fat Bitch"... :laugh3:

https://www.saveur.com/only-in-new-jersey-foods/">https://www.saveur.com/only-in-new-jersey-foods/

Frood

Quote from: Renee post_id=379891 time=1599774856 user_id=156
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=379865 time=1599769609 user_id=1676

30 mins outside Philly? ac_umm Nasal sounding.. ac_umm ...I guessing Camden, Cherry Hill or maybe the Depford area. No offense but that's not even NJ. That's some kind of forgotten hinterland that retired Philadephians pass through on their way to the slots in AC. ... :laugh3:

I'm sorry you're wrong. To this day certain foods are still regional. It's not just the citizens that think that way. Food critics from around the globe acknowledge regional dishes and delicacies.

BTW, you didn't answer my question regarding what's a "Fat Bitch" or maybe the more PC name, "Fat ...."? There are 38 different types and you are not going to find the original outside of New Brunswick NJ. They originated at the College Ave Grease Trucks in the 1980s and they're a shitfaced Saturday night Rutgers dietary staple.....:laugh3:

At least they were when I attended Big Red....I can't speak for the latte sipping, fagachino guzzling, vegan pizza eating, new breed of college student. They would probably curl up in a ball and die if they even got near a "Fat Bitch"... :laugh3:

https://www.saveur.com/only-in-new-jersey-foods/">https://www.saveur.com/only-in-new-jersey-foods/

Swedesboro.... tomato, asparagus, and strawberry patches at the time...though it was beginning to go to shit.

Calling a food regional is more a statement in pride than availability of suitable or similar ingredients.

I never had a fat bitch... (not in NJ at least)...but I have no doubts I could make one thousands of miles from NJ and of similar quality.

American food is pretty basic anyway... I might have to find your additives, corn syrups, dyes, and cheese powders for a lot of your foods to truly make it authentic....
Blahhhhhh...