The best topic

Replies: 9925
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 01:27:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Erica Mena left her forum

Started by Anonymous, September 08, 2020, 12:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Some of these developmental vaccines could be a catastrophe down the road...
Blahhhhhh...

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=384204 time=1601087842 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=384199 time=1601085574 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=384197 time=1601084108 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=384190 time=1601081629 user_id=88pessimistic, are we?

In Canada's case, isn't that being optimistic.

No. We have our deals in place .. in fact our T (to my surprise)  today said they have 20 million of the Oxford U one locked for early delivery along with several other locked options

My optimism on vaccines has gone up every cpl of weeks ... Out of character, but  our guy has got in that game bigtime on many candidates

Add extremely good early 3rd stage reviews for many candidates and things are looking a lot better of late

So, we could have a vaccine as early as the USA does.

Not exactly sure. What I read, and I think posted was not extensive enough .. but impression was that it would be early

Need more info on exactly what our feds are doing and also on the BC Sars item

Dinky, I already know your feelings on it .. I simply disagree  . .especially after seeing all the bad effects Covid has had on us all
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Dr Bonnie Henry of BC said in an interview she could see a vaccine in Canada by May.

cc

Dunno - Didn't see that. She is a different critter & bounces all over the map. Also, she is the ultimate "Lockdown Queen" and comes from a position of great fear and pessimism

I know that because if I want current info I have to listen to here every afternoon .. so have gotten to know where she is coming from  .

Seems everything you post development of late is heavy on the pessimistic side

Having grown up with politically powerful people all around me, I know their nature

It's most always MILES to the "safe side" / "ass covering"

I also learned  about how to read them between the lines

What I'm seeing from most directions is extremely positive - And I will remain very positive

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=384209 time=1601089376 user_id=88
Dunno - Didn't see that. She is a different critter & bounces all over the map. Aslo, she is a "lockdown Queen" .

Seems everything you post is heavy on the pessimistic side

Having grown up with politically powerful people all around me, I know their nature

All I'm seeing from most directions is extremely positive - And I will remain very positive

I don't consider myself a pessimist. A realist and I try to be a pragmatist.

I referenced Dr Henry because she is the only public health leader in Canada that has given a prediction on the time of a vaccine. The only one that I am aware of who has made a prediction.

cc

Fair. But predictions by politicians, even Govt Docs have no meaning

I care only where we are at today - I go ONLY by 3rd stage testing progress and status which is where we are now and most if not in fact all candidates are doing extremely well

Nothing else matters ... well, except for delivery and availability .. I wish I had kept the deals Canada has acquired from about a month ago as I forget all the players and terms  ..  Today's latest acquisition on the Oxford one  I am seeking more info on

Frood

Quote from: cc post_id=384207 time=1601088933 user_id=88
Quote from: cc post_id=384190 time=1601081629 user_id=88pessimistic, are we?

No. We have our deals in place .. in fact our T (to my surprise)  today said they have 20 million of the Oxford U one locked for early delivery along with several other locked options

My optimism on vaccines has gone up every cpl of weeks ... Out of character, but  our guy has got in that game bigtime on many candidates

Add extremely good early 3rd stage reviews for many candidates and things are looking a lot better of late

Not exactly sure. What I read, and I think posted was not extensive enough .. but impression was that it would be early

Dinky, I already know your feelings on it .. I simply disagree  . .especially after seeing all the bad effects Covid has had on us all

Fair enough....as long as you fully respect my right to not be injected with it or suffer adverse civil liberty or financial consequences because of a refusal.

:thumbup:
Blahhhhhh...

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=384213 time=1601090438 user_id=1676

Fair enough....as long as you fully respect my right to not be injected with it or suffer adverse civil liberty or financial consequences because of a refusal.

That's a decision only you and your family should be allowed to make.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=384210 time=1601089744 user_id=114
Quote from: cc post_id=384209 time=1601089376 user_id=88
Dunno - Didn't see that. She is a different critter & bounces all over the map. Aslo, she is a "lockdown Queen" .

Seems everything you post is heavy on the pessimistic side

All I'm seeing from most directions is extremely positive - And I will remain very positive

I don't consider myself a pessimist. A realist and I try to be a pragmatist.

I referenced Dr Henry because she is the only public health leader in Canada that has given a prediction on the time of a vaccine. The only one that I am aware of who has made a prediction.

That is actually one of the most hopeful things I've heard.....I find Theresa Tam very pessimistic..

If we have a vaccine widely available by May that would be better than I expected.

cc

Spring would be horrible

I'm anticipating a lot better

If I thot it would be May, I wouldn't want to stick it out

Frood

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=384217 time=1601091181 user_id=3254
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=384213 time=1601090438 user_id=1676

That's a decision only you and your family should be allowed to make.

We've lost 10's of thousands of dollars over the years (probably close to 40-50k) because we would not vaccinate our youngest for every single vaccine the Australian government demanded. They couldn't make us...so they used punitive financial regulations on their health schedule guidelines, then barred the entry of students in their first years of school completely after. We were lucky that she was in an older grade by that time....though there is no healthier kid in our area. Her immune system is a terminator.

Not that we're against some vaccines, but when our friends had their financial situation attacked for inoculating for all of the 20 plus injections and boosters because they put their foot down only on the chicken pox and HPV for their BOY, we had enough. The Australian government makes up rulings as they go and they don't care about dissenting points of view.

These COVID lock downs aren't our first taste of our Federal and State ruthlessness...
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Quote from: 1918 post_id=384225 time=1601097003Erica Mena left her forum

Very astute of you...

You get a:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSOlRAmcV3jAWc2uRb6RK3N5otP91LVhqA7FA&usqp=CAU">
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=384223 time=1601092525 user_id=88
Spring would be horrible

I'm anticipating a lot better

If I thot it would be May, I wouldn't want to stick it out

I don't blame Seoul, I haven't heard any better than May, but I'm sure he'd be delighted to have an earlier vaccine..

I know you don't timelines, but what season do you expect a vaccine?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview