Replies: 10387
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Holy Cow! Brains of Men & Women are "Wired Differently"

Started by cc, December 04, 2013, 01:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

http://news.sky.com/story/1177016/brains-of-men-and-women-wired-differently">Sky news - Brains Of Men And Women 'Wired Differently'

On average, men are more likely to be better at learning and performing a single task such as map reading because they have more connections within each hemisphere of the brain, scientists at the University of Pennsylvania found.

In women, the two halves of the brain are more interlinked, meaning they are more likely to have a better memory and social cognition skills.

http://media.skynews.com/media/images/generated/2013/12/3/274327/default/v2/brains-1-522x293.jpg">

The findings, which are published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, are from a brain scan study of almost 1,000 children and young people aged between eight and 22.

The findings, which are published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, are from a brain scan study of almost 1,000 children and young people aged between eight and 22.

On average, men are more likely to be better at learning and performing a single task such as map reading because they have more connections within each hemisphere of the brain, scientists at the University of Pennsylvania found.

In women, the two halves of the brain are more interlinked, meaning they are more likely to have a better memory and social cognition skills.

They are likely to be better "mind readers" and be more sensitive to subtle psychological hints than men, and be able to multi-task and process social information more successfully.

While brains of men contain more nerve fibres, those of women have a greater proportion of "grey matter", consisting of the cell bodies of neurons.

"These maps show us a stark difference ... in the architecture of the human brain that helps provide a potential neural basis as to why men excel at certain tasks and women at others," she said.

Study author Ruben Gur added: "It's quite striking how complementary the brains of women and men really are.

"Detailed maps of the brain will not only help us better understand the differences between how men and women think, (they will) also give us more insight into the roots of neurological disorders, which are often sex related."

"Vive la différence

EDIT - Wow!! That was a fast  title edit, lol - I had never said "Holy Cow" in my life. My reputation is ruined now
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"http://news.sky.com/story/1177016/brains-of-men-and-women-wired-differently">Sky news - Brains Of Men And Women 'Wired Differently'

http://media.skynews.com/media/images/generated/2013/12/3/274327/default/v2/brains-1-522x293.jpg">

They are likely to be better "mind readers" and be more sensitive to subtle psychological hints than men, and be able to multi-task and process social information more successfully.

While brains of men contain more nerve fibres, those of women have a greater proportion of "grey matter", consisting of the cell bodies of neurons.

"These maps show us a stark difference ... in the architecture of the human brain that helps provide a potential neural basis as to why men excel at certain tasks and women at others," she said.

Study author Ruben Gur added: "It's quite striking how complementary the brains of women and men really are.

"Detailed maps of the brain will not only help us better understand the differences between how men and women think, (they will) also give us more insight into the roots of neurological disorders, which are often sex related."

EDIT - Wow!! That was a fast  title edit, lol - I had never said "Holy Cow" in my life. My reputation is ruined now

Very interesting article Ms. cc li tarte, thank you for posting it..

I think most of us see observe the findings of that in our day to day lives.

cc

True. But many today try so hard to make  people all the same. They are NOT!! That is why I posted it

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"True. But many today try so hard to make  people all the same. They are NOT!! That is why I posted it

Well some people may try Ms. cc li tarte, but I don't think I can ever think like a man..

I don't want to be forced to either.

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"I say ... "Vive la différence ....  celebrate it

Me too Ms. cc li tarte, I love the differences.

:)

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Off to bed now. You have a good night Fash

You sleep well Ms. cc li tarte and thanks again for posting this interesting article..

I am going to bed now too.

Odinson

Meaning women are more stupid in matters of everyday life. More smarter in useless things..

Goddamn I love these stats...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Meaning women are more stupid in matters of everyday life. More smarter in useless things..

It says women have better memories and I would not consider that a useless thing.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Odinson"Meaning women are more stupid in matters of everyday life. More smarter in useless things..

It says women have better memories and I would not consider that a useless thing.

So women bitch for a long time...

There´s a popular belief that the women are somehow untouchable and allowed to bitch...

No real man listens to the senseless whining of a woman... CC is an ugly old bitch and acts like an 50year old ugly old bitch.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"

true...women never ever ever ever forget a fucking thing and look for any excuse to bring up some obscure fuck up you did even if happened a hundred years ago and you have done yeomans penance for said fuckup...doesn't matter..they still want to bust your balls about it

Obvious Li

while i am on the subject.....logic and common sense do not exist in the female psyche.....sometimes that can be a good thing....but mostly it's fucking annoying.. :ugeek:

Obvious Li

and you guys know exactly what i am talking about..... :mrgreen:

Chickenfeets

I am not agreeing with Obvious li.

I know many psyche female what have logic.

Travel more Obvious li.