Replies: 7536
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:25:01 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

MasterChef Brazil showed me something

Started by Rancidmilko, October 07, 2020, 04:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rancidmilko

My daughter is 13 now and she's having one of those "I wanna be a baby again" phase, so she started hanging out more with her parents these days

We're in the midst of a heatwave, so we stay in the master bedroom, A/C running all the time.

I stay on the desktop, which has two screens. My daughter fell in love with that MasterChef cooking show, so she's watching all the episodes from season 1, on Youtube

She's now on season two and they have a chinese girl.

I usually don't pay much attention, but one thing I noticed was how Brazilians cry and lose their cool and temper so easily.

If they are chosen, they cry. If they lose, they cry. If a competitor uses their advantage and gives another competitor a hard task, they swear vengeance when they have the chance.

The Brazilians are constantly slicing their fingers and committing silly mistakes. They always forget an item or two, they drop the ingredients, they constantly have problems with the appliances because they don't pay attention. And they're ALWAYS complaining about the pressure, about how nervous they are, etc.

But the Chinese girl is on a whole different level. She's always focused, keeps her cool, never brags, keeps a low profile.

I was sure she was going to win, so I checked, she got 2nd place. She lost to Izabel, a girl who fucked up since the beginning. She cut her finger on the first test, then she forgot a small metal circle under a dessert after she served it.

I can imagine the Chinese girl did better, but knowing the retards in Brazil, they would bitch endlessly if she won.

And it's not only her. Other competitors who are foreigners, like an Israeli guy and a Italian also showed to be a lot more in control of their emotions.

Knowing Brazilians all my life, this wasn't a surprise, but seeing how much we lack in terms of self-control, really tells a lot.

So it's not hard to "understand" why we're such a fucked up country, where people kill for nothing and any sort of little problem becomes a huge obstacle to so much.

I've seen some people saying how they like Brazilians because they're a "warm and spontaneous people", but I'm guessing there's two sides to that.
There\'s always a bigger fish.

Anonymous

Very interesting Rancidmilko.....I don't know any

Brazilians personally.

Anonymous

Quote from: Rancidmilko post_id=385902 time=1602103644 user_id=2853
My daughter is 13 now and she's having one of those "I wanna be a baby again" phase, so she started hanging out more with her parents these days

We're in the midst of a heatwave, so we stay in the master bedroom, A/C running all the time.

I stay on the desktop, which has two screens. My daughter fell in love with that MasterChef cooking show, so she's watching all the episodes from season 1, on Youtube

I usually don't pay much attention, but one thing I noticed was how Brazilians cry and lose their cool and temper so easily.

If they are chosen, they cry. If they lose, they cry. If a competitor uses their advantage and gives another competitor a hard task, they swear vengeance when they have the chance.

The Brazilians are constantly slicing their fingers and committing silly mistakes. They always forget an item or two, they drop the ingredients, they constantly have problems with the appliances because they don't pay attention. And they're ALWAYS complaining about the pressure, about how nervous they are, etc.

But the Chinese girl is on a whole different level. She's always focused, keeps her cool, never brags, keeps a low profile.

I was sure she was going to win, so I checked, she got 2nd place. She lost to Izabel, a girl who fucked up since the beginning. She cut her finger on the first test, then she forgot a small metal circle under a dessert after she served it.

I can imagine the Chinese girl did better, but knowing the retards in Brazil, they would bitch endlessly if she won.

And it's not only her. Other competitors who are foreigners, like an Israeli guy and a Italian also showed to be a lot more in control of their emotions.

Knowing Brazilians all my life, this wasn't a surprise, but seeing how much we lack in terms of self-control, really tells a lot.

So it's not hard to "understand" why we're such a fucked up country, where people kill for nothing and any sort of little problem becomes a huge obstacle to so much.

I've seen some people saying how they like Brazilians because they're a "warm and spontaneous people", but I'm guessing there's two sides to that.

Your country has some beautiful women.

Anonymous

I gather Brazil has a collective obsession with looking their very best.....like South Korea.

Anonymous

I liked Brazil, but I didn't have to deal with all the bullshit that you do as a citizen living there.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=385933 time=1602121420 user_id=1689

I liked Brazil, but I didn't have to deal with all the bullshit that you do as a citizen living there.

It seems like a fascinating country to visit..

I like when Rancidmilko talks about Brazil.

cc

My parents lived there for several years. Dad retired young as a steel mill Engineer out of Stelco Steel Hamilton ON ... and went there independently  to guide  them get into the business long ago  .. soon as they had us kids growed up and out of the house

They did live in gated community in Rio and had considerable security. The govt treated them exceedingly well

They brought back some great art. We have 3 oils in our living room now .. beautify country living paintings
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

caskur

It's the same in my country when it comes to 1st Prize winners. They're always choose foreigners.

Blacks and people from Southern Europe are always more animated and lack self control. I used to watch Jerry Springer.  :roll:

If you're white, (Especially English) or Japanese, you're in the self controlled contained category at least in public.

I think it is just the whole idea of having a "stiff upper lip," and behaving like the Queen does... Endure everything with a smile on your dial. I was taught to act like the Queen... always be gracious. (Then I got net-ified)  :wink:

With Asians, there is this whole Tiger mother thing going on... I haven't bothered to investigate it so I don't have a clue other than, they prepare their children for adulthood and that is a great thing. White people tend to keep their children babies as long as they can and make rods for their own backs if you understand that saying.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=385994 time=1602138348 user_id=88
My parents lived there for several years. Dad retired young as a steel mill Engineer out of Stelco Steel Hamilton ON ... and went there independently  to guide  them get into the business long ago  .. soon as they had us kids growed up and out of the house

They did live in gated community in Rio and had considerable security. The govt treated them exceedingly well

They brought back some great art. We have 3 oils in our living room now .. beautify country living paintings

Did you visit your parents while they were in Brazil cc?

cc

No. Wish I had, but my life at that time did not allow the time to make it a worthwhile trip .. had young family.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=386013 time=1602171758 user_id=88
No. Wish I had, but my life at that time did not allow the time to make it a worthwhile trip .. had young family.

That would've been a great experience.

cc

Yes. I wanted to go then and wish I had been able to

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=386071 time=1602212342 user_id=88
Yes. I wanted to go then and wish I had been able to

I completely understand cc..

I wanted to visit my husband at some places in the world he was sent for short term jobs, but I wasn't able to..

We did live in Kazakhstan for one year.

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=386075 time=1602216144 user_id=88
That must have been an experience

It was a year of amazing experiences and missing things and people from home.