Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

A

Eviction

Started by Anonymous, October 12, 2020, 08:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=392673 time=1606892486 user_id=164
Im taking all the funds I can find right now...I'm going to apply for a certain surgery and see if I'm an eligible applicant.  Fingers crossed!!

ac_umm  Addadictomy???... I wish you luck... ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Im taking all the funds I can find right now...I'm going to apply for a certain surgery and see if I'm an eligible applicant.  Fingers crossed!!

I hope it's one hundred per cent successful.

ac_smile

Anonymous

Quote from: Renee post_id=392706 time=1606920463 user_id=156

ac_umm  Addadictomy???... I wish you luck... ac_biggrin

I Googled that.

:laugh:

Berry Sweet

I had to google that too  :laugh3: noo you dork...its actually for a cochlear implant...I applied a few years ago but I chickened out to continue with the second application...they were interested in me...so now I feel ready to move forward and apply again.  This is not a miracle surgery but it has its benefits in the long run.

The only thing I don't want to have to go thru is the time it takes for the brain to adjust to the new sound waves...this is a process done with audiologists and can take several sessions and time...if anyone understands science, the ear, nerves and brain...you will understand what I'm talking about.

https://media.tenor.com/images/9f0ef09a37b4d95115b80c73358fd49b/tenor.gif">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=392774 time=1606940282 user_id=164
I had to google that too  :laugh3: noo you dork...its actually for a cochlear implant...I applied a few years ago but I chickened out to continue with the second application...they were interested in me...so now I feel ready to move forward and apply again.  This is not a miracle surgery but it has its benefits in the long run.

The only thing I don't want to have to go thru is the time it takes for the brain to adjust to the new sound waves...this is a process done with audiologists and can take several sessions and time...if anyone understands science, the ear, nerves and brain...you will understand what I'm talking about.

Wouldn't a hearing aid be easier and cheaper?

Renee

:laugh3: Okay, I wish you luck anyway...

I have to assume that since you are a candidate for this kind of surgical treatment, hearing aids don't work for you or have severe limitations. I knew you were hearing impaired but I didn't know how badly until now....Best of luck and I hope all is successful and it changes your life for the better...You deserve it.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: Renee post_id=392779 time=1606942096 user_id=156

:laugh3: Okay, I wish you luck anyway...

I have to assume that since you are a candidate for this kind of surgical treatment, hearing aids don't work for you or have severe limitations. I knew you were hearing impaired but I didn't know how badly until now....Best of luck and I hope all is successful and it changes your life for the better...You deserve it.

Yes.

cc

Exactly

The VERY best luck Berry - Hopefully it will make your life better
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=392786 time=1606947236 user_id=88
Exactly

The VERY best luck Berry - Hopefully it will make your life better

Better hearing would make a terrific Christmas gift.

Berry Sweet

Oh wow, thanks people!  I never really talked about it before but I don't care anymore.  Yes I do wear hearing aids, and yes they do help...but hearing aids only increase the volume and NOT the clarity. I have profound hearing loss which is the last stage...my hearing aids are the last stage of the aid and the most powerful, after that is a cochlear implant.

I talk normally and no one knows that I wear hearing aids upon meeting me.  No one cares anyway, but lots of qquestions when they find out.  One of my ears is worse than the other and its time to apply for this surgery...if I am an eligible candidate, then I will go thru a series of tests and I will be put on a wait list for the surgery...which will be 2 year wait time.

My hearing aids right now are bluetooth to my phone and other devices, so I have no need for headphones as I xan listen to music, tv, take phone calls, etc all hands free...this will be the same with the implant.  So its kinda cool in a way...I dont need to buy those expensive ear buds and then lose them lol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=392809 time=1606953229 user_id=164
Oh wow, thanks people!  I never really talked about it before but I don't care anymore.  Yes I do wear hearing aids, and yes they do help...but hearing aids only increase the volume and NOT the clarity. I have profound hearing loss which is the last stage...my hearing aids are the last stage of the aid and the most powerful, after that is a cochlear implant.

I talk normally and no one knows that I wear hearing aids upon meeting me.  No one cares anyway, but lots of qquestions when they find out.  One of my ears is worse than the other and its time to apply for this surgery...if I am an eligible candidate, then I will go thru a series of tests and I will be put on a wait list for the surgery...which will be 2 year wait time.

My hearing aids right now are bluetooth to my phone and other devices, so I have no need for headphones as I xan listen to music, tv, take phone calls, etc all hands free...this will be the same with the implant.  So its kinda cool in a way...I dont need to buy those expensive ear buds and then lose them lol

That almost makes me wish I needed hearing aids.

:laugh:

Odinson

What caused the loss of hearing?

Odinson

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=392667 time=1606889436 user_id=3254
Quote from: Odinson post_id=392664 time=1606888630 user_id=136
Quote from: Renee post_id=392644 time=1606875179 user_id=156
Quote from: Odinson post_id=392632 time=1606871358 user_id=136
Quote from: Renee post_id=392607 time=1606856817 user_id=156

Ah...So you got the fuck off your hairy ass and got a real job...Good for you, you're now joining society.

Now, all you need to do is shave your back and learn how to use indoor plumbing and you will be almost human.  :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Its not like I didnt have an income before, sweet cheeks.  ac_biggrin

Really????....So what's the hourly rate for wearing a hole in your couch while watching Star Trek reruns?

I´m a white male, Renee!

I´m entitled to 100 bucks per hour just for being alive.

ac_biggrin

It seems some of us were wrong about incomes in Finland.

If you are a fresh electrician grunt from school, 10 to 11 euros per hour.

Its less than 1800 euros per month but its enough to pay rent, car insurance and stuff like that.

I do charge quite a bit when doing a couple of hour instal gig.. Somewhere around 80 to 100 euros per hour.

It depends on the conditions.

But my full time hourly rates are considerably less than that.

I get night time, hazard, out of town, weekend, evening, holiday, unclean environment etc. Bonuses.

I do okay financially.

The average electrician rates seem to be 10k euros more in Canada.

Anonymous

I didn't know you were hearing impaired.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=392823 time=1606965240 user_id=136
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=392667 time=1606889436 user_id=3254
Quote from: Odinson post_id=392664 time=1606888630 user_id=136
Quote from: Renee post_id=392644 time=1606875179 user_id=156
Quote from: Odinson post_id=392632 time=1606871358 user_id=136

Its not like I didnt have an income before, sweet cheeks.  ac_biggrin

Really????....So what's the hourly rate for wearing a hole in your couch while watching Star Trek reruns?

I´m a white male, Renee!

I´m entitled to 100 bucks per hour just for being alive.

ac_biggrin

It seems some of us were wrong about incomes in Finland.

If you are a fresh electrician grunt from school, 10 to 11 euros per hour.

Its less than 1800 euros per month but its enough to pay rent, car insurance and stuff like that.

I do charge quite a bit when doing a couple of hour instal gig.. Somewhere around 80 to 100 euros per hour.

It depends on the conditions.

But my full time hourly rates are considerably less than that.

I get night time, hazard, out of town, weekend, evening, holiday, unclean environment etc. Bonuses.

I do okay financially.

The average electrician rates seem to be 10k euros more in Canada.

A journeyman welder working for the union can make 150,000 Euros..

My husband is the shop manager for a specialty oilfield service companies that installs elctrical top dtives and he makes 115,000 Euros per year..

He rarely does any wiring or install work.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview