Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Finland wins gold at World Juniors Tournament

Started by Anonymous, January 05, 2014, 10:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Yes. For me the US is always a sentimental favorite. Their winning Olympic gold twice against astronomical  odds using mainly determination and chutzpah endeared them to me. Seems the Finns came through in similar fashion

My husband and I always support Team Canada no matter what..

But he knew the odds of Canada winning gold this year were not good..

He didn't really care who won, but he predicted either Sweden or the United States.

Odinson

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Yes. For me the US is always a sentimental favorite. Their winning Olympic gold twice against astronomical  odds using mainly determination and chutzpah endeared them to me. Seems the Finns came through in similar fashion

Just shows that the juniors have potential.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"

Most of those young men will be playing professional in one or two years won't they?

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Odinson"

Most of those young men will be playing professional in one or two years won't they?

Yea.

Anonymous

Did anyone other than Odinson predict The Finns would grab the gold?

Odinson

Anonymous

Who will win gold at Sochi. Canada doesn't do well on the big international ice surface, so I doubt it will be us.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"Who will win gold at Sochi. Canada doesn't do well on the big international ice surface, so I doubt it will be us.

My husband told me that less than half the players from the 2014 Olympic team will be playing for this team.