The best topic

Replies: 8491
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 01:57:44 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Trump Has Accomplished Progressive Goals Such As Reducing Drug Pricing, Paid Parental Leave For Workers And Criminal Jus

Started by Anonymous, November 26, 2020, 09:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Trump accomplished more progressive shit in four years than old Obama did in eight. And he undid the anti-prog policies of Bill Clinton.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/11/25/donald-trump-progressive-reform-criminal-justice-paid-leave/?utm_source=piano&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2360&pnespid=g7Uwq_BRD1eNYc6krQ6Zk3i2gk4oF5dbZIbZyxa0">https://dailycaller.com/2020/11/25/dona ... dbZIbZyxa0">https://dailycaller.com/2020/11/25/donald-trump-progressive-reform-criminal-justice-paid-leave/?utm_source=piano&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2360&pnespid=g7Uwq_BRD1eNYc6krQ6Zk3i2gk4oF5dbZIbZyxa0

Trump secured up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave for some federal workers when he signed the Defense Authorization Act Dec. 20, 2019. The law offers both maternity and paternity leave

The past four years, Trump battled big pharma in an attempt to lower drug prices. Then, over the summer, the president signed a series of executive orders targeting price transparency, which culminated in an order to offer Medicare recipients "favored nations" pricing. The Sept. 13 order put into motion an effort to reduce the cost of prescriptions to relatively match what other countries pay for the same drug.

Trump took a swing at criminal justice reform with the First Step Act. The law allowed judges to, in some cases, ignore mandatory minimum sentences for certain offenses. So far, thousands of prisoners have been released due to the act, Politico reported. The prison population decreased by more than 5,000 the year after the First Step Act was signed, according to the Brennan Center for Justice.

Trump signed an executive order Nov. 26, 2019 establishing a task force to address missing and murdered American Indians and Alaskan Natives. The task force was designed to ensure cooperation between federal and tribal governments.

Anonymous

I just want to say, that Trump's policies were not my priorities. I liked Libertaian Party leader Jo Jorgensen. But, I can certainly understands Trump's appeal to blue collar workers. And he did reverse some bad decisions on trade, international policy, regulations, and illegal immigration by previous Dem and GOP administrations.

Anonymous

I aint no libertarian or a conservative. Trump was the working man's president. The establishment and their hyper rich backers will never let that happen again. As for Canada's working class, it's fucked.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Dove

Quote from: Herman post_id=391999 time=1606445966 user_id=1689
Trump accomplished more progressive shit in four years than old Obama did in eight. And he undid the anti-prog policies of Bill Clinton.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/11/25/donald-trump-progressive-reform-criminal-justice-paid-leave/?utm_source=piano&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2360&pnespid=g7Uwq_BRD1eNYc6krQ6Zk3i2gk4oF5dbZIbZyxa0">https://dailycaller.com/2020/11/25/dona ... dbZIbZyxa0">https://dailycaller.com/2020/11/25/donald-trump-progressive-reform-criminal-justice-paid-leave/?utm_source=piano&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2360&pnespid=g7Uwq_BRD1eNYc6krQ6Zk3i2gk4oF5dbZIbZyxa0

Trump secured up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave for some federal workers when he signed the Defense Authorization Act Dec. 20, 2019. The law offers both maternity and paternity leave

The past four years, Trump battled big pharma in an attempt to lower drug prices. Then, over the summer, the president signed a series of executive orders targeting price transparency, which culminated in an order to offer Medicare recipients "favored nations" pricing. The Sept. 13 order put into motion an effort to reduce the cost of prescriptions to relatively match what other countries pay for the same drug.

Trump took a swing at criminal justice reform with the First Step Act. The law allowed judges to, in some cases, ignore mandatory minimum sentences for certain offenses. So far, thousands of prisoners have been released due to the act, Politico reported. The prison population decreased by more than 5,000 the year after the First Step Act was signed, according to the Brennan Center for Justice.

Trump signed an executive order Nov. 26, 2019 establishing a task force to address missing and murdered American Indians and Alaskan Natives. The task force was designed to ensure cooperation between federal and tribal governments.

Leftists dont give a shit. They just care about gushing on whoever the media gives regular tongues baths too.

They insist Trumps policies only helped the rich. If you try telling them otherwise, they will flat out say they dont believe you. As if when you live paycheck to paycheck....you wont notice any benefit somehow.

Most anti Trumpers dont even know most of the policies he passed and they immediately degrade them if you try to tell them.

You are right that we will probably never get an outsider who truly represents the people ever again. We just got to witness what happens when we do. The media ruthlessly smears them and manipulates the opinion of the public.

I'm seeing the media praise Bidens cabinet picks as savors. Blood thirsty war mongers and lobbiests....being praised. It's so ghoulish.

We used to care about the working class and bringing home troops. I guess that was all fake as well.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: Dove post_id=392048 time=1606469690 user_id=3266

Leftists dont give a shit. They just care about gushing on whoever the media gives regular tongues baths too.

They insist Trumps policies only helped the rich. If you try telling them otherwise, they will flat out say they dont believe you. As if when you live paycheck to paycheck....you wont notice any benefit somehow.

Most anti Trumpers dont even know most of the policies he passed and they immediately degrade them if you try to tell them.

You are right that we will probably never get an outsider who truly represents the people ever again. We just got to witness what happens when we do. The media ruthlessly smears them and manipulates the opinion of the public.

I'm seeing the media praise Bidens cabinet picks as savors. Blood thirsty war mongers and lobbiests....being praised. It's so ghoulish.

We used to care about the working class and bringing home troops. I guess that was all fake as well.

Trump haters are an ignorant bunch, that's for sure. Biden was definitely the candidate of the super rich, and one of his priorities is reinstating the SALT deduction that Trump eliminated in order to pay for raising the basic tax deduction on low income Americans. Trump wasn't my candidate, but he is so much better than the tried and failed dogma Biden offered.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=392033 time=1606452488 user_id=114
I just want to say, that Trump's policies were not my priorities. I liked Libertaian Party leader Jo Jorgensen. But, I can certainly understands Trump's appeal to blue collar workers. And he did reverse some bad decisions on trade, international policy, regulations, and illegal immigration by previous Dem and GOP administrations.

Agreed. Still, he's capable of butting a foot wrong (eliminating Section 230 is a YUUUUUUUGE mistake) but in the balance his is a far lesser liability than the fucksticks that are running the ruling class have ever thought to pony up.

Anonymous

Quote from: Guest post_id=392069 time=1606489416

Agreed. Still, he's capable of butting a foot wrong (eliminating Section 230 is a YUUUUUUUGE mistake) but in the balance his is a far lesser liability than the fucksticks that are running the ruling class have ever thought to pony up.

In 2018 Trump signed a law weakening some of Section 230's protections to allow victims to sue websites that knowingly facilitate sex trafficking. Both Biden and Trump want to kill it completely now, but for different reasons.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=392072 time=1606489994 user_id=114
Quote from: Guest post_id=392069 time=1606489416

Agreed. Still, he's capable of putting a foot wrong (eliminating Section 230 is a YUUUUUUUGE mistake) but in the balance his is a far lesser liability than the fucksticks that are running the ruling class have ever thought to pony up.

In 2018 Trump signed a law weakening some of Section 230's protections to allow victims to sue websites that knowingly facilitate sex trafficking. Both Biden and Trump want to kill it completely now, but for different reasons.

It doesn't matter the reasons why, removing it is a bad idea. Section 230 is a useful piece of legislation that protects genuine platforms from getting sued into oblivion.

And I'm not surprised that Beijing Biden wants to get rid of it; the misapplication of the protections that legislation affords has seen publishers like Fecesbook, YouTurd and Gurgle editorialising and curating online content to such an extent that it has perverted the course of entire countries elections, the US being the most recent example.  The time is fast approaching when these interests are going to call for its removal anyway, effectively closing the gate to any genuine up and coming actual platforms who will not be able to afford to police the content hosted on their sites (by virtue of AI or by manual moderation), forcing them to either sell up or shut down, lest they be sued to buggery. Remove 230 and you are effectively handing the Sillycunt Valley tech giants the vertical monopoly they are aiming for, assuring unassailable hegemony these latter day oligarchs desire.

For all Trump's successes (and there were many more of them than our propagandistic media would care to admit openly), the failure to have Section 230 properly enforced would be on the list as one of his biggest failures, if not THE biggest. So big, it likely cost him the election he otherwise won fair and square. The answer is not to remove or otherwise water down the legislation, the answer lies squarely on the doorstep of enforcing it correctly and judiciously without fear or favour.

Anonymous

Quote the misapplication of the protections that legislation affords has seen publishers like Fecesbook, YouTurd and Gurgle editorialising and curating online content to such an extent that it has perverted the course of entire countries elections, the US being the most recent example.

:thumbup:

Anonymous

Quote from: Dove post_id=392048 time=1606469690 user_id=3266

A very sensible post. :thumbup:

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview