News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

How I get my kid to not complain about dinner...

Started by Frood, December 02, 2020, 01:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

We usually have meat six days a week even if it's in small amounts sprinled with vegetables, rice, or vermicelli.....mostly it's chicken or pork.

Anonymous

Quote from: Renee post_id=392868 time=1607013949 user_id=156
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=392864 time=1607012897 user_id=3254
Quote from: Renee post_id=392860 time=1607011168 user_id=156
Serving liver to childern should be considered a human rights violation.

My paternal Grandparents loved liver, crazy Irish bastards that they were...They served liver and onions like once a week which is pretty amazing to me given how expensive it is and how tight fisted my Grandmother was....My dad tells stories of he and his brothers and sisters trying to pass it off onto each other's plates when their parents weren't looking...There were 7 of them and from what I know it must have been like a covert food fight.... :laugh3:

There was a time in my life that I would eat almost anything put in front of me but I could never get that shit past my nose. Nowadays I don't eat red meat of any kind and haven't eaten it for almost 4 years now. Chicken and turkey is extremely limited as well...Don't really miss it either.

I assume no pork either Renee?

No and unfortunately pork was one of my staple meats...It's used in Italian cuisine alot. I'll still use it in my sauce for the flavor it provides but not nearly as much as I used to. I don't make sauce as much as I used to either...I don't eat pasta, too many empty carbs...which is a point of contention in my family. My mom gets highly insulted when I decline dinner invites because I know she is going to be serving some kind of pasta dish.... ac_dunno

So now with this COVID shit, I live like a hermit and eat grass and tofu.... :laugh3:

I have been eating healthy now for a long time, and combining it with cardio and light weight resistance exercises. I eat more meat though than you, but hardly any red meat. Though we usually have prime rib for New Year's.

Anonymous

My paternal Grandparents loved liver, crazy Irish bastards that they were...They served liver and onions like once a week which is pretty amazing to me given how expensive it is and how tight fisted my Grandmother was....My dad tells stories of he and his brothers and sisters trying to pass it off onto each other's plates when their parents weren't looking...There were 7 of them and from what I know it must have been like a covert food fight.... :laugh3:

There was a time in my life that I would eat almost anything put in front of me but I could never get that shit past my nose. Nowadays I don't eat red meat of any kind and haven't eaten it for almost 4 years now. Chicken and turkey is extremely limited as well...Don't really miss it either.

Are you getting enough cats and dogs in your diet?

Frood

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=392887 time=1607039592 user_id=56

Catdrop Soup and Beagle Mountain Oysters?
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

:001_rolleyes:

Renee

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=392892 time=1607047836 user_id=3254

:001_rolleyes:

Pay no mind to Shen...She gets a little loopy now and then from breathing the acetone fumes while giving white chicks pedicures.

She should really be out pulling the rickshaw and getting some air.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=392672 time=1606892240 user_id=1676
Every fortnight, I do grocery shopping online to be delivered and I order a bunch of salmon fillets.

When everything arrives, I use the salmon on the first night (obviously, seafood from a supermarket chain needs to be used quickly).

She dislikes salmon and it takes her over an hour to consume even a small portion, but she gets extra vegetables and other things, although she has to finish everything or no dessert.

Then I take the remaining cooked filet, divide it in two, and refrigerate one half and freeze the other.

No matter what we decide to have, she has an alternate choice of salmon for the following two weeks.  :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

She always finishes her dinner, and if we serve her something different for a change, we can offer to exchange it for salmon if she resists trying new foods.

Never fails...

So, how you get your kid to not complain is to offer dessert after supper?
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=392675 time=1606893077 user_id=164
If my kid doesn't like a certain food, then she doesnt have to eat it.  Same goes for me.  I make meals we both like and buy what we like to snack on.  Mostly is fruit and love nuts right now..you will find nuts everywhere.

Dont force your kid to eat fish if she doesnt like it...not everyone likes fish, some peopke it makes them gag.

Yes, the kids are not too keen on fish but I also liked to serve them with salmon. My children knew that complaining about meals is not acceptable in the slightest. They eat what I make and that was the same with my parents when I was growing up. We dared not complain. We just eat what's served. Thankfully, my sons always enjoyed what I made them.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=392806 time=1606951633 user_id=3254
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=392805 time=1606951451 user_id=61
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=392804 time=1606951200 user_id=3254
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=392800 time=1606950433 user_id=61
I didn't realized White kids had it that bad, for me my parents just had to stuff the crap out of me with food, they always tell me this legendary kung fu master eat 5 bowls of rice and 5 bowls of serving(basically food that isn't carbs/rice) for every dinner, while I was only 7 my parents expected me to eat half of that, that's how my life was as a kid when eating at home with my family.   ac_unsure

I don't think they think they had it that bad by the amusing stories they share.

But it's liver lol, definitely one of the worst food next to bull penis, lamb brains and hearts.  :yuk:

I've never purchased liver.

I love liver, giblets, hearts of chicken. I also like calf liver. However, my doctor has advised me that I must make sure I consume these minimally because they are no longer good for my health. I did love the taste. My favorite was steaming rice topped with chicken livers and gravy. I also loved making calf liver and topped it with fried onions and bacon. Oh la la. Ayayay, caramba!
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Frood

Quote from: @realAzhyaAryola post_id=392928 time=1607100621 user_id=73
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=392672 time=1606892240 user_id=1676
Every fortnight, I do grocery shopping online to be delivered and I order a bunch of salmon fillets.

When everything arrives, I use the salmon on the first night (obviously, seafood from a supermarket chain needs to be used quickly).

She dislikes salmon and it takes her over an hour to consume even a small portion, but she gets extra vegetables and other things, although she has to finish everything or no dessert.

Then I take the remaining cooked filet, divide it in two, and refrigerate one half and freeze the other.

No matter what we decide to have, she has an alternate choice of salmon for the following two weeks.  :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

She always finishes her dinner, and if we serve her something different for a change, we can offer to exchange it for salmon if she resists trying new foods.

Never fails...

So, how you get your kid to not complain is to offer dessert after supper?

I offer another meal in place of what she has to eat.... all salmon.

So she eats her meal because it isn't salmon, and if she finishes it, she gets a dessert.

Sometimes, there is no alternative to salmon. She just has to deal with salmon. In those cases, if she doesn't finish her salmon, there's no dessert.
Blahhhhhh...

Odinson

I like liver steaks... With lingonberry sauce.

My mother used to mix beef and liver and make these steaks/meat balls... Delicious.

Odinson

Shen eating some live crabs.

Its like a horror film.

">

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=392946 time=1607108464 user_id=136
I like liver steaks... With lingonberry sauce.

My mother used to mix beef and liver and make these steaks/meat balls... Delicious.

My husband's family is European, but he doesn't have a taste for liver.

ac_dunno

cc

Quote from: Renee post_id=392712 time=1606921457 user_id=156
I always took and still take the same approach my mom did...Don't like what's for dinner, you don't eat...But don't let me catch you rummaging around later looking for food...As my mom always said "This house is not a diner" You eat what is served or you go hungry... Consequently you learned to eat what was served even if you weren't crazy about it and even if it was just a small taste.

Lots of times kids don't want to eat because they "think" they will not like it...Just ignore the bullshit because most of the time it's just noise. Most times they will eventually come around....Unless it's LIVER AND ONIONS  :beurk:   ...I firmly believe that a parent, or in my case, a grandparent should be publicly executed for serving that hellacious shit to their kids.

Would you settle for publicly flogged?

That way you get to keep family and still win the objective
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell