The best topic

Replies: 8485
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 05:56:05 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

What They Don’t Tell You About Electric Vehicles

Started by Anonymous, December 27, 2020, 02:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Lokmar

Why do you suppose that nobody has open discussions about how much more capacity and infrastructure we need for electric cars?

Anonymous

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=459484 time=1655166657 user_id=3351
Why do you suppose that nobody has open discussions about how much more capacity and infrastructure we need for electric cars?

Nobody in politics, academia or the media talks about that. I aint shy about talking about it.

Lokmar

Quote from: Herman post_id=459487 time=1655167145 user_id=1689
Quote from: Lokmar post_id=459484 time=1655166657 user_id=3351

Nobody in politics, academia or the media talks about that. I ainst shy about talking about it.

I think it speaks volumes about how ignorant people are and how unattainable the ultimate goal is.

Thiel

Quote from: Herman post_id=459477 time=1655165104 user_id=1689
I saw this on Facebook. Old Jim Crow Joe has no clue about the reality of electric vehicles.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/the-electric-car-is-bidens-golden-calf_4531163.html?utm_source=opinionnoe&utm_campaign=opinion-2022-06-13&utm_medium=email&est=mH8OE7tEASDgGDP%2BnsiY5DFlqVgSpAX%2BT4qv%2Bl%2B5llRlAv7IdH8wQ%2FgZ9Zzc9BMVew%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/the-elect ... MVew%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/the-electric-car-is-bidens-golden-calf_4531163.html?utm_source=opinionnoe&utm_campaign=opinion-2022-06-13&utm_medium=email&est=mH8OE7tEASDgGDP%2BnsiY5DFlqVgSpAX%2BT4qv%2Bl%2B5llRlAv7IdH8wQ%2FgZ9Zzc9BMVew%3D%3D

It's almost as if the current occupant of the White House worships the electric car in a fashion bordering on idolatrous. Without the slightest apparent thought, he destroyed U.S. energy independence and is threatening worldwide economic collapse on its behalf.

Indeed, the electric car is Biden's "Golden Calf."

But someone might want to explain to Biden the reality of electric cars, if indeed he's capable of comprehending it. For that someone, I would nominate Bjorn Lomborg—the Danish author and president of the think tank Copenhagen Consensus Center—who has been perhaps the world's most esteemed climate journalist for decades.

As recently as February, Lomborg wrote a lengthy article for the Daily Mail with the equally lengthy title, "Are electric cars the new 'diesel scandal' waiting to happen? They generate polluting particles just like petrol vehicles, are not even that cost-effective and, as one expert finds, will not save the planet."

That's a bit complicated for Joe, I know. Better for him to continue to worship the Golden Tesla (embarrassing as that might be since Elon Musk has switched to a Republican). But let's hear from Lomborg himself. I have excerpted for brevity:

"What it fails to tell us, however, is that electric cars are not the answer for many people, for a host of practical reasons. These include their upfront cost, limited range, the time it takes to charge batteries, the new infrastructure needed for charging points, and the extra power required to supply them.

"Even more alarmingly, a report in the journal Nature suggests that because electric cars are heavier than other vehicles, they will likely kill more occupants of other vehicles in traffic accidents."

As I said, this is only a sampling of Lomborg's devastating report. I would highly recommend reading the whole thing, especially to those—almost exclusively rich people—who assume their purchase of an electric car is "doing something for humanity." Rather, it's the equivalent of riding to an environmental conference in a private jet—in other words, moral narcissism at its most repugnant.

Where are we supposed to get all the raw materials for electric cars? How do we dispose of highly toxic end of life batteries? Where will we get all the extra electricity to power them?
gay, conservative and proud

Frood

Quote from: Thiel post_id=459523 time=1655173852 user_id=1688
Quote from: Herman post_id=459477 time=1655165104 user_id=1689
I saw this on Facebook. Old Jim Crow Joe has no clue about the reality of electric vehicles.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/the-electric-car-is-bidens-golden-calf_4531163.html?utm_source=opinionnoe&utm_campaign=opinion-2022-06-13&utm_medium=email&est=mH8OE7tEASDgGDP%2BnsiY5DFlqVgSpAX%2BT4qv%2Bl%2B5llRlAv7IdH8wQ%2FgZ9Zzc9BMVew%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/the-elect ... MVew%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/the-electric-car-is-bidens-golden-calf_4531163.html?utm_source=opinionnoe&utm_campaign=opinion-2022-06-13&utm_medium=email&est=mH8OE7tEASDgGDP%2BnsiY5DFlqVgSpAX%2BT4qv%2Bl%2B5llRlAv7IdH8wQ%2FgZ9Zzc9BMVew%3D%3D

It's almost as if the current occupant of the White House worships the electric car in a fashion bordering on idolatrous. Without the slightest apparent thought, he destroyed U.S. energy independence and is threatening worldwide economic collapse on its behalf.

Indeed, the electric car is Biden's "Golden Calf."

But someone might want to explain to Biden the reality of electric cars, if indeed he's capable of comprehending it. For that someone, I would nominate Bjorn Lomborg—the Danish author and president of the think tank Copenhagen Consensus Center—who has been perhaps the world's most esteemed climate journalist for decades.

As recently as February, Lomborg wrote a lengthy article for the Daily Mail with the equally lengthy title, "Are electric cars the new 'diesel scandal' waiting to happen? They generate polluting particles just like petrol vehicles, are not even that cost-effective and, as one expert finds, will not save the planet."

That's a bit complicated for Joe, I know. Better for him to continue to worship the Golden Tesla (embarrassing as that might be since Elon Musk has switched to a Republican). But let's hear from Lomborg himself. I have excerpted for brevity:

"What it fails to tell us, however, is that electric cars are not the answer for many people, for a host of practical reasons. These include their upfront cost, limited range, the time it takes to charge batteries, the new infrastructure needed for charging points, and the extra power required to supply them.

"Even more alarmingly, a report in the journal Nature suggests that because electric cars are heavier than other vehicles, they will likely kill more occupants of other vehicles in traffic accidents."

As I said, this is only a sampling of Lomborg's devastating report. I would highly recommend reading the whole thing, especially to those—almost exclusively rich people—who assume their purchase of an electric car is "doing something for humanity." Rather, it's the equivalent of riding to an environmental conference in a private jet—in other words, moral narcissism at its most repugnant.

Where are we supposed to get all the raw materials for electric cars? How do we dispose of highly toxic end of life batteries? Where will we get all the extra electricity to power them?

All important questions nobody driving the push seem to want to explain, or are capable of considering.

It's like filling up all the camels with scant water rations in the Sahara at the few watering holes available and then sending them out.... the holes dry up, travel comes to a halt, and shit goes by the wayside.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Governments are giving their citizens inaccurate information about electric vehicles. Everythin from sustainability to their environmental footprint. We are told it's all rainbows and no clouds.

Anonymous

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/280661576_10228780498074743_4018896851419575742_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p843x403&_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=TQCZp2VTfGUAX-pMtI7&tn=B4U_O7zo_8JCzqtw&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=00_AT_2muKktUj_bQyF2HIOdymVVtWnt-iwEapo9Nvlw9ufyQ&oe=62B18B0D">

Odinson

Electric scooters...

They look like fun.

They are gonna be banned after enough kids die.

You need a license for a moped but you dont need one for an electric scooter.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=460535 time=1655680941 user_id=136
Electric scooters...

They look like fun.

They are gonna be banned after enough kids die.

You need a license for a moped but you dont need one for an electric scooter.

Cities here own fleets of them,

Zetsu

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=459609 time=1655213777 user_id=114
Governments are giving their citizens inaccurate information about electric vehicles. Everythin from sustainability to their environmental footprint. We are told it's all rainbows and no clouds.

EVs frankly now are pretty costly to drive, a Tesla 3 long range is $76,000, while you can get an ICE of the same class for $30,000, even if fuel stays at around 2$ per litre and electricity is free, I'll need to drive at least 230,000 km to save up the $46,000 initial purchase difference.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Zetsu

Quote from: Herman post_id=460766 time=1655861008 user_id=1689
And electricity aint free and never will be.

I have to agree, like Fash as said before, if more people start to drive EVs, chances are the libs will grab our balls and jack up the electricity bill.  ac_unsure

Anonymous

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=460769 time=1655861201 user_id=61
Quote from: Herman post_id=460766 time=1655861008 user_id=1689
And electricity aint free and never will be.

I have to agree, like Fash as said before, if more people start to drive EVs, chances are the libs will grab our balls and jack up the electricity bill.  ac_unsure

Governments earn a lot of revenue from fuel..

Without fuel they'll have to make up that revenue some other place..

I believe Norway has started taxing electricity.

Zetsu

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=460772 time=1655861749 user_id=3254
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=460769 time=1655861201 user_id=61

Damn, that is even more disgusting than Odi's ignorant brain.  :yuk:

It's crazy how we will never get a tax break.

Anonymous

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=460775 time=1655862132 user_id=61
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=460772 time=1655861749 user_id=3254

Damn, that is even more disgusting than Odi's ignorant brain.  :yuk:

It's crazy how we will never get a tax break.

Even while Canadians are suffering, the federal government won't suspend the carbon tax, the federal fuels tax or even the GST on either.