The best topic

Replies: 8392
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Blurt's New Year's Message to the Cashew Nuts

Started by Blurt, December 30, 2020, 12:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Quote from: Herman post_id=396130 time=1609396382 user_id=1689
Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=396127 time=1609396187 user_id=164
Aww, but well said.  Happy new year, Blurt  :6:

I like honey mustard with my popcorn chicken.

Do you like barrel wash with kolbassa and mustard? Come sit on old Herman's knee and I'll share some with ya.

Berry is now latina. She only likes Peri Peri popcorn chicken and tequila....
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=396133 time=1609396559 user_id=1676
Quote from: Herman post_id=396130 time=1609396382 user_id=1689
Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=396127 time=1609396187 user_id=164
Aww, but well said.  Happy new year, Blurt  :6:

I like honey mustard with my popcorn chicken.

Do you like barrel wash with kolbassa and mustard? Come sit on old Herman's knee and I'll share some with ya.

Berry is now latina. She only likes Peri Peri popcorn chicken and tequila....

She's a Spic is she. I got shitters that need shining.

Anonymous

We've all had a tough year, but it was tougher for Blurt. My condolences, and let's hope 2021 is better for all of us.

Renee

I'm sorry for your loss, Blurt. So many have lost loved ones and were callously denied the ability to comfort the dying in their last hours...I have to believe that ultimately those responsible for these heinous acts disguised as "public protection" will pay for it on their day of judgement. It may sound like wishful thinking but it is one of the only ways I can maintain the idea that there is some justice left in this reality.

Anyway for what it's worth...Happy New Year to you and everyone else reading this.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: Renee post_id=396210 time=1609456662 user_id=156
I'm sorry for your loss, Blurt. So many have lost loved ones and were callously denied the ability to comfort the dying in their last hours...I have to believe that ultimately those responsible for these heinous acts disguised as "public protection" will pay for it on their day of judgement. It may sound like wishful thinking but it is one of the only ways I can maintain the idea that there is some justice left in this reality.

Anyway for what it's worth...Happy New Year to you and everyone else reading this.

Some awful things have been done in the name of "saving lives."

Blurt

Thanks, everyone.

I'm okay, though. Really.

One thing this has led to, is my re-connecting with my mother. She lives in the northern part of town. I hadn't spoken with her in nearly two years. I went to spend some time with her last week.

She got COVID back in February but she recovered after a few weeks. Partially, anyway.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: Blurt post_id=396221 time=1609466551 user_id=1974
Thanks, everyone.

One thing this has led to, is my re-connecting with my mother. She lives in the northern part of town. I hadn't spoken with her in nearly two years. I went to spend some time with her last week.

She got COVID back in February but she recovered after a few weeks. Partially, anyway.

That's wonderful you're reconnecting with your mother Blurt.

Anonymous

Thanks, everyone.

The Seoul brother had the China virus. I think he made a full recovery.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Thanks, everyone.

I had COVID-19 in April. I made a full recovery, or so it seems so far. I had a few bad days though.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=396236 time=1609492327 user_id=2015
Adios 2020. You sucked.

Temper your expectations for 2021.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: Blurt post_id=395951 time=1609350946 user_id=1974
Well, here we are, at the tail tip of totally trying year.

I just want to say a few words at the dawn of 2021.

First and foremost, despite all the COVID controversies, all the political bloodshed, all the half-serious clownmanship, and all the "raging against the dying of the light," we're all still just people here. We all have ideas, thoughts, opinions, dreams, views, feelings, and experiences that we like or want or need to share with others or we wouldn't otherwise visit venues such as these. It matters little, in the end, whether any one of us sees eye to eye with anyone else. What matters is that we are, or can be, a presence in each other's lives, sometimes for comfort, sometimes for laughs, sometimes to learn, sometimes just to not be alone in our anger or our indignation whenever the world seems to be tottering on the edge. And that edge was brought into sharp focus this year for the reasons we all love to hate.

All of us have, in one way or another, known loss and hardship this year, whether with regard to our health or our finances or to the health and finances of those we love. The year 2020 will be a hard sell in the history books, no doubt. My own beloved father died from COVID-19 on May 29th of this year. I couldn't be there during his last few days in the hospital. Even his own wife was refused access to him. I couldn't be there at the funeral. In fact, the funeral was altogether skipped by all. My father was cremated in a vacuum, so to speak. And this tale repeats itself across the board, regardless of anyone's politics or worldviews.

Now this is my wish for 2021: that, come what may, we all remember and cherish each other's humanity even as we poke fun at each other or rail against each other's occasional idiocy. This world, to me, would be a far, far sadder and  emptier, lonelier place without you people in my life. It certainly would be a darker one. While I realize that many will say friendships are impossible in virtual venues, that people cannot come together nor be truly close on the internet, I beg to differ. In a way, COVID has made all friendships virtual. This shouldn't prevent us from taking pleasure in each other's presence, even if that presence has more to do with the soul of who we are than with physical closeness or proximity.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this: going into this new year, where monsters undoubtedly still roam, don't be afraid to appreciate each other's presence in your lives, even if only through the medium of a keyboard. Further, don't be afraid to let each other know that you appreciate that presence. Poet Robert Herrick, speaking to young maidens, said it best when he wrote, "gather ye rosebuds while ye may." I'd add, "and get ye together to make a bouquet." We, all of us, are here today and gone tomorrow, like "grass thrown into the oven." Let that knowledge spur you to tell your friend, your lover, your spouse, your child, your parent, your pleasant acquaintance even, how much your life is enriched by their being a part of it and how much you love them for it.

That's it. That's all I have to say.

And this, I guess: I wish everyone here much happiness, joy, hope, love, good health, and serenity in the new year.

Eddie's still a prick, though.  :001_tongue:

ac_crying

My deepest regrets to you, Blurt. It is a shame that this deadly plague of our time has claimed one of your beloved. May he rest in peace.

Happy New Year!
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=396253 time=1609531765 user_id=114
Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=396236 time=1609492327 user_id=2015
Adios 2020. You sucked.

Temper your expectations for 2021.

:thumbup:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Anonymous

Some hope, global recruiting firm Hays found that 71 per cent of employers have brighter outlooks on employment and 19 per cent intend on raising base salaries for their staff in the new year.