Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

rising number of immgrants from Hong Kong to Taiwan creates a problem

Started by Anonymous, January 10, 2021, 02:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I welcome Taiwan's deciusion to open up to limited immigration rather than face demographic extinction like Japan..

Taiwan's birth rate is among the lowest in the world, and recent immigrants from Vietnam and Hong Kong are enriching Taiwanese society economically and culturally..

But, almost all immigrants from Hong Kong, even though they support liberal democracy, want Taiwan to become a province of China..

This will always be unacceptable to the native Hoklo population of Taiwan, which is my ethnicity..

I hope China abandons the CCP dynasty in favour of a pluralistic liberal democracy and we become partners, but we must respect each other's sovereignty..

Canadians have no desire to surrender their sovereigny to the USA, New Zealand has no desire to surrender it's sovereignty to Australia, the Republic of Ireland has no desire to surrender it's sovereignty to the UK..

Even if China adopts Taiwan's liberal democracy, we Taiwanese want to maintain our sovereignty..

We have developed differently, we have different social programs, we have the Hokkien language and a localized culture..

I encourage immigrantion to Taiwan from Hong Kong, but please respect Taiwan's sovereignty.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=397352 time=1610308799 user_id=3254
I welcome Taiwan's deciusion to open up to limited immigration rather than face demographic extinction like Japan..

Taiwan has among the lowest birth rates in the world, and recent immigrants from Vietnam and Hong Kong are enriching Taiwanese society economically and culturally..

But, almost all immigrants from Hong Kong, even though they support liberal democracy, want Taiwan to become a province of China..

This will always be unacceptable to the native Hoklo population of Taiwan, which is my ethnicity..

I hope China abandons the CCP dynasty in favour of a pluralistic liberal democracy and we become partners, but we must respect each other's sovereignty..

Canadians have no desire to surrender their sovereigny to the USA, New Zealand has no desire to surrender it's sovereignty to Australia, the Republic of Ireland has no desire to surrender it's sovereignty to the UK..

Even if China adopts Taiwan's liberal democracy, we Taiwanese want to maintain our sovereignty..

We have developed differently, we have different social programs, we have the Hokkien language and a localized culture..

I encourage immigrantion to Taiwan from Hong Kong, but please respect Taiwan's sovereignty.

I thought the only difference between China and Taiwan was communism. I can see over decades subtle differences settle in.

Anonymous

Quote from: Velvet post_id=397357 time=1610314034 user_id=2021

Taiwan has among the lowest birth rates in the world, and recent immigrants from Vietnam and Hong Kong are enriching Taiwanese society economically and culturally..

I thought the only difference between China and Taiwan was communism. I can see over decades subtle differences settle in.

Communism is dead in China, East Asia in fact..

The CCP is really another dynasty, and they;re expansionist..

If China had a modern liberal democratic government like Taiwan, they wouldn't bully the UN into keeping Taiwan out of the international community..

But, they'd still want Taiwan to join them.

Anonymous

we Taiwanese want to maintain our sovereignty.

TAIWAN IS NOT A FUCKING COUNTRY YOU STUNNED COW!!! :t1929:  acc_angry  :mad:

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=397376 time=1610325484 user_id=88
Aw, so the country of Taiwan is importing Kongers

:sneaky2:

THE CHINESE PROVINCE OF TAIWAN has people moving to it from the Chinese territory of Taiwan. Most likely for better job opportunities and more affordable housing.

Anonymous

I say Taiwan is a country. But, whatever you think it's status is, it is one of old Herman's favourite country's in Asia-Pacific. If anyone gets the opportunity to go there, go for it. You will not be disappointed. Unless of course they have one of their frequent earthquakes.

cc

My uncle got caught in that big one a few years back when he was in the COUNTRY on business

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=397387 time=1610327780 user_id=1689
I say Taiwan is a country. But, whatever you think it's status is, it is one of old Herman's favourite country's in Asia-Pacific. If anyone gets the opportunity to go there, go for it. You will not be disappointed. Unless of course they have one of their frequent earthquakes.

I went back to Taiwan in February, just before the coronavirus was declared a pandemic..

My family is from Tainan in the South..

It has beautuful parks, a lovely climate, excellent infrastructure, and of course Taiwan's famous food..

If we didn't have children here, my husband and I may have retired in Taiwan..

With health care that puts Canada's to shame, plus cheaper groceries, it would be a good place to make pensions stretch.

Quotehe was in the COUNTRY on business

lol cc....keep it up.

:laugh:

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=397396 time=1610328946 user_id=3254
Quote from: Herman post_id=397387 time=1610327780 user_id=1689

I went back to Taiwan in February, just before the coronavirus was declared a pandemic..

My family is from Tainan in the South..

It has beautuful parks, a lovely climate, excellent infrastructure, and of course Taiwan's famous food..

If we didn't have children here, my husband and I may have retired in Taiwan..

With health care that puts Canada's to shame, plus cheaper groceries, it would be a good place to make pensions stretch.

Quotehe was in the COUNTRY on business

lol cc....keep it up.

:laugh:

It seems people live in bigger houses and apartments in Taipei compared to Hong Kong and Singapore. The buildings in Taipei aint as pretty as in those cities, but they are just as modern.

Anonymous

I would not go to China, or India if I won a free trip. Taiwan is intriguing though. A Chinese speaking country that has a government like our own.