The best topic

Replies: 10482
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 28, 2024, 10:21:57 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

CANCELLED .... The "Cancel Culture" we are now in

Started by cc, January 14, 2021, 09:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

YouTube has completely removed LifeSite News from its video-sharing platform, permanently suspending the group's channel and removing all videos from the channel without warning or explanation, according to the pro-life group.

Anonymous

Fox News' Tucker Carlson said on the Thursday night episode of his program that his show has been targeted for cancellation.

Carlson said that "in the last several weeks, and particularly in the last 24 hours, the call to take this show off the air by groups funded—for real—by the Ford Foundation, or by George Soros, by Michael Bloomberg, by Jeff Bezos, has become deafening, going after our advertisers, going after the companies that carry our signal into your home."

What's more, he added, there has been a "cowardice and complicity" on behalf of the "entire media class in all of this," suggesting that eventually, reporters at legacy news outlets will be targeted as well.

Anonymous

Trump lawyer in impeachment trial called it "constitutional cancel culture."

Anonymous

Christian actor Kevin Sorbo said that Facebook deleted his page despite his having more than 500,000 followers, and the company didn't respond to a request for an explanation for the action.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=401908 time=1613237801 user_id=114
Christian actor Kevin Sorbo said that Facebook deleted his page despite his having more than 500,000 followers, and the company didn't respond to a request for an explanation for the action.

This is so unacceptable. What is the future going to be like? I suspect this will not end very well.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

cc

Quote from: @realAzhyaAryola post_id=401922 time=1613239798 user_id=73 ......... What is the future going to be like? I suspect this will not end very well.

It won't. Further, I think we are already in the endgame
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Tom Fitton, conservative activist and president of Judicial Watch, told The Epoch Times' "American Thought Leaders" in an interview that he believes the aim of bringing an incitement of insurrection charge against former President Donald Trump is to "chill and criminalize speech" that opposes the agenda of those on the political left.

Anonymous

Only the nazi brown shirt democRAT party can say violent rhetoric that incites hatred towards those that disagree with them. Twitter is disgusting and anti American.

Anonymous

I like the premier of Quebec.

Quebec Premier calls out cancel culture & woke leftism, promises action to fight back

Legault said, "Freedom of expression is one of the pillars of our democracy. If we compromise on that, we risk having undue censorship spilling out into our political debates and our media."

https://thepostmillennial.com/quebec-premier-calls-out-cancel-culture-woke-leftism-promises-action-to-fight-back?fbclid=IwAR2yRW-U4hXdaIFOuLQ3WKvi6SlKmg6B2m7EWoFsY80sJhjx0hduPSTuZYs">https://thepostmillennial.com/quebec-pr ... hduPSTuZYs">https://thepostmillennial.com/quebec-premier-calls-out-cancel-culture-woke-leftism-promises-action-to-fight-back?fbclid=IwAR2yRW-U4hXdaIFOuLQ3WKvi6SlKmg6B2m7EWoFsY80sJhjx0hduPSTuZYs

Quebec Premier François Legault, took to Facebook this weekend to voice his concerns on the growing problem of cancel culture, woke leftism and "radical militants" in the province.

Legault said, "Freedom of expression is one of the pillars of our democracy. If we compromise on that, we risk having undue censorship spilling out into our political debates and our media."

Legault's Facebook post stated that he had heard a lot about academic freedom and free speech, and mentioned that he was troubled by an October incident at the University of Ottawa, where professor Verushka Lieutenant-Duval faced intense backlash for saying an offensive word during a class discussion. He claimed the story had been completely spun out of context and Lieutenant-Duval was harassed, threatened, and doxed by leftist students who wanted her fired.

Quebec's Premier stated that cancel culture is the work of a handful of radical activists whose goal is to censor certain words and actions. He added that he is concerned that cancel culture is infiltrating the mainstream in Quebec, and that this American movement does not represent the values of Quebecers.

Legault went on to talk about recent incidents of cancel culture and woke leftism in Quebec, specifically in the province's post secondary institutions. This included professors being asked not to use the works of some of Quebec's great writers, which included Anne Hébert, Réjean Ducharme, Dany Laferrière ou Pierre Vallières.

"What is really worrying is that more and more people are feeling intimidated and will engage in censoring," Legault said.

Another incident mentioned by the Premier included a university faculty member who was denounced and harassed by leftist students for using the words "man" and "woman." Lagault said that all of this is absurd, goes too far, and goes against the concept of University, which is supposed to be a place that is open to all viewpoints.

Legault added that it is time to for have a serious discussion about cancel culture, political correctness, and wokeness. He said that while he acknowledges some words are hurtful, that does not justify having a radical mob that wants to dictate to everyone what to say via mass censorship.

Anonymous

Youtube demonetized The Epoch Times, cutting off a significant source of their ad revenue.

cc

There are some rebels who will not give up.

I fear that progs  won't stop until they completely control everything -  at least one can say that total control is their objective

Cancel was very effective before the election. After, the govt itself, and not just its permanent bureaucrats will work toward that objective

cc

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1361128787644207105">https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status ... 7644207105">https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1361128787644207105

Odinson

Its weird.

I dont know of any finnish company who cares about what their employees write in Social Media.

There is no uproar after some random grunt engineer writes something in twitter.

Nobody gives a shit.

American employers are actually following what their employees write in the net... Its insane.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=402367 time=1613441769 user_id=136
Its weird.

I dont know of any finnish company who cares about what their employees write in Social Media.

There is no uproar after some random grunt engineer writes something in twitter.

Nobody gives a shit.

American employers are actually following what their employees write in the net... Its insane.

It is insane. If you put on your profile that you work for my company, you are considered a rep of the company. You can get around it by not mentioning CP in your profile.