The best topic

Replies: 10380
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:23:38 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Fort McMurray

Started by Vancouver, January 04, 2014, 08:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Lighten up Shen, VG is a good guy.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"Lighten up Shen, VG is a good guy.

Look, it's nothing personal against him ya know. This is a forum, he shared some details about himself, so he shouldn't be surprised if gets some unsolicited advice from people like myself. Believe it or not though, I hope he is very successful in life.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Renee"My husband is a pipe fitter by trade and 4 and 6" sch 40 steel pipe is heavy stuff. He lifts it all the time like it is nothing but it wasn't always so. There is a right way and a wrong way to do it. It takes a while to get the hang of and as you do it you will become physically more able to handle it. So don't feel bad a lot of guys bigger than you struggle to lift stuff like that.

BTW, if you are 115lbs I kind of think heavy trade work may not be for you. Maybe a nice retail job might be more your speed?

Renee, I agree there is a right way and a wrong way to do things. Like you said it takes a while to get the hang of things. VG is giving up too damned easily because "it's hard". Don't encourage him to quit please. He needs to be a man and drop the whole Peter Pan syndrome. We have 120lb women working as insulators, pipe-fitters, boilermakers, electricians, hd wrenches, instrumentation mechanics, millwrights and machinists. He is quite capable of doing the work if he applies himself. He finds living at home at the age of 28, working p/t at Mickey D's and chasing girls in high school easier than growing up and being a man. His parents and others seem to condone such parasitical behaviour simply because he is "teenie weenie". No excuse in the Iron Chink's books.

Shen, not all people are cut out to work in the trades or work physical jobs.

BTW, I have to ask; why do you care what he does? Is he like your little brother or something?  :lol:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Renee

Quote from: "Odinson"How much do you bench, Renee?

Probably more than you.  :lol:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Shen, not all people are cut out to work in the trades or work physical jobs.

BTW, I have to ask; why do you care what he does? Is he like your little brother or something?  :lol:

Look, I got a pm from Fash saying pretty much the same thing. No, I am no relation to VG.

True, not everyone is cut out for the trades, but I hate to see someone give up so easy and for the same reason...I'm small. There are women that work in the trades who could just as easily have milked that excuse, but hey they got bills to pay and don't have mommy and daddy to fall back on. While it is true what he does with his life is none of my business, when he posts about it I am more than entitled to give my opinion. He may even benefit from my knowledge and experience too. However, it is his right to extend adolescence into his 40's if he so chooses and his parents continue to enable him. It is my choice to say just how parasitical I find such behaviour.

Just so you know, I don't hate VG. As I said before, it is not entirely his fault.

Renee

Quote from: "Renee"Shen, not all people are cut out to work in the trades or work physical jobs.

Look, I got a pm from Fash saying pretty much the same thing. No, I am no relation to VG.

True, not everyone is cut out for the trades, but I hate to see someone give up so easy and for the same reason...I'm small. There are women that work in the trades who could just as easily have milked that excuse, but hey they got bills to pay and don't have mommy and daddy to fall back on. While it is true what he does with his life is none of my business, when he posts about it I am more than entitled to give my opinion. He may even benefit from my knowledge and experience too. However, it is his right to extend adolescence into his 40's if he so chooses and his parents continue to enable him. It is my choice to say just how parasitical I find such behaviour.

Just so you know, I don't hate VG. As I said before, it is not entirely his fault.

Yeah well giving your opinion and imparting some advice or knowledge is one thing; belittling the guy is another. Go easy on him, he's a little guy. :D

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Yeah well giving your opinion and imparting some advice or knowledge is one thing; belittling the guy is another. Go easy on him, he's a little guy. :D

Well OK, but what would you do if you had a 28 year old son still living with you and working p/t at Mickey D's. No plan to become independent and no interest in real f/t meaningful work? I would never allow that to happen with my son.

This brings up another issue too, namely overly doting Asian parents. Scared to push the baby bird out of the nest and let them soar.

Renee

Well OK, but what would you do if you had a 28 year old son still living with you and working p/t at Mickey D's. No plan to become independent and no interest in real f/t meaningful work? I would never allow that to happen with my son.

This brings up another issue too, namely overly doting Asian parents. Scared to push the baby bird out of the nest and let them soar.

Hey as long as he was bringing home Big Macs for his mom regularly, I wouldn't care. :lol:

But seriously, each to his own gifts. Some people just take longer to grow up than others especially young males. Hell my older brother lived at home until he was almost 28. I was beginning to think that he was going to live at home until my parents either died or moved to a retirement home. The only difference is he had a decent job. He was just to freaking cheap to go out and get his own place. He had it easy at home; mommy cooked and did his laundry and he could come and go as he pleased. It must have really sucked for him when he finally got married and got a place of his own and had to live like a real person.  :lol:

Anonymous

Hey as long as he was bringing home Big Macs for his mom regularly, I wouldn't care. :lol:

But seriously, each to his own gifts. Some people just take longer to grow up than others especially young males. Hell my older brother lived at home until he was almost 28. I was beginning to think that he was going to live at home until my parents either died or moved to a retirement home. The only difference is he had a decent job. He was just to freaking cheap to go out and get his own place. He had it easy at home; mommy cooked and did his laundry and he could come and go as he pleased. It must have really sucked for him when he finally got married and got a place of his own and had to live like a real person.  :lol:

No offense Renee, but I think the reason you're being so objective is because VG is not your son. I couldn't imagine a conservative chick like you saying nothing to your 28 y.o son living at home and working p/t at Mickey D's while chasing high school girls. I have a son and I can tell you I will NEVER allow that to happen. Your brother is lucky your mommy is not like me that's for sure.

However, you and Fash have made your point. He's not likely to start taking his life seriously just because I  browbeat him. You're right too, some men are indeed late bloomers and there is not much you can do to change that.

I always wanted a brother or sister to play with when I was growing up, but if I was VG's older sister I think he may never come out of his room. Well maybe if he had earplugs in. Besides, I would probably tire of winning his fights for him.

Anonymous

He must have had lots of money saved Ms. Renee?

Obvious Li

No offense Renee, but I think the reason you're being so objective is because VG is not your son. I couldn't imagine a conservative chick like you saying nothing to your 28 y.o son living at home and working p/t at Mickey D's while chasing high school girls. I have a son and I can tell you I will NEVER allow that to happen. Your brother is lucky your mommy is not like me that's for sure.

However, you and Fash have made your point. He's not likely to start taking his life seriously just because I  browbeat him. You're right too, some men are indeed late bloomers and there is not much you can do to change that.

I always wanted a brother or sister to play with when I was growing up, but if I was VG's older sister I think he may never come out of his room. Well maybe if he had earplugs in. Besides, I would probably tire of winning his fights for him.

jesus..it's a good thing for him he didn't grow up in my house.........well maybe he should have...this issue would have been resolved before he was 10........believe me

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
jesus..it's a good thing for him he didn't grow up in my house.........well maybe he should have...this issue would have been resolved before he was 10........believe me

Fash's response was no surprise, but I am surprised by Renee though. I was certain her opinion on this would have been an identical match to ours. However, I got thinking about something, I don't have a brother(or a sister). I grew up as an only child. They both understand what adolescent boys are really like in a way that I don't.

Anonymous

That is true Renee, young guys mature slowly.

Renee

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

Fash's response was no surprise, but I am surprised by Renee though. I was certain her opinion on this would have been an identical match to ours. However, I got thinking about something, I don't have a brother(or a sister). I grew up as an only child. They both understand what adolescent boys are really like in a way that I don't.

I'm not saying I wouldn't say anything to him but if he was at least employed and I was seeing signs of him maturing I would just let it take its course.  Adolescent males are a real pain in the ass. They want to fly on their own but they generally have no clue how to do it. It is a scientific fact that the male brain matures more slowly than the female brain. Their bodies also mature more slowly as well. It takes young males much longer to recognize that for every action they take or don't take there is a reaction. Some of them have very little grasp of consequence and it takes them an awful long time to get their shit together; some never do.

Case and point just look at our very own Oddstain. He is by all indication in his early to mid-30s but he still thinks and acts like a dumbass 16 year old. The trumped up bravado, his inability to get along with those who are different and his lack of understanding about women in general all point to a man with an adolescent brain that hasn't caught up with his proper role in society.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"I'm not saying I wouldn't say anything to him but if he was at least employed and I was seeing signs of him maturing I would just let it take its course.  Adolescent males are a real pain in the ass. They want to fly on their own but they generally have no clue how to do it. It is a scientific fact that the male brain matures more slowly than the female brain. Their bodies also mature more slowly as well. It takes young males much longer to recognize that for every action they take or don't take there is a reaction. Some of them have very little grasp of consequence and it takes them an awful long time to get their shit together; some never do.

Case and point just look at our very own Oddstain. He is by all indication in his early to mid-30s but he still thinks and acts like a dumbass 16 year old. The trumped up bravado, his inability to get along with those who are different and his lack of understanding about women in general all point to a man with an adolescent brain that hasn't caught up with his proper role in society.

I almost forgot that you studied early childhood education which of course makes you an expert on little boys like oddstain. As I said, I don't have any siblings like you and Fash do. I'm just a hardass with little tolerance for Peter Pan types.

The only problem with your approach is that VG is maturing in reverse. He had an adult job and gave it up. He has a kids job and only wants to work p/t at that. Then there is the interest in high school girls...fucking creepy!! No, his parents have to lay down the law or he will be living with them 5 or 10 years from now.

Renee, what would you do with someone exactly like VG is he was your kid?