Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 15, 2024, 10:38:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

The Story of Thomas Sowell: "Common Sense In A Senseless World"

Started by cc, January 31, 2021, 12:07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Good example of people disagreeing maturely and constructively

Today the left (yes, the left) has made everything into "attack" and set up a situation via "cancelling" every person who disagrees with them is bad and evil such that  discussion no longer exists

It's not actually a position, it's a deliberate "strategy" that seems to be working for them ... today
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416568 time=1627141055 user_id=88
Good example of people disagreeing maturely and constructively

Today the left (yes, the left) has made everything into "attack" and set up a situation via "cancelling" every person who disagrees with them is bad and evil such that  discussion no longer exists

It's not actually a position, it's a deliberate "strategy" that seems to be working for them ... today

We used to have a marketplace of ideas. Those ideas were presented in a civil manner too.

cc

Worse, what I  see is a very large and powerful gang (we have discussed all of the players before) is not playing for the next election

They are playing for control "forever".

In fact I observed that by 0bama .. and Clinton was to finish the job forever. T was a blip for them which was why they all got TDS . .the "grand dream" was stopped (albeit only temporarily as it turned out)

They are now picking up where they left off on steroids and have new tools like "Cancel" etc. CRT etc. etc. With all that + self-serving selective immigration + control of internet + control of media players I don't see how (short of some unforeseen calamity) the other guys can ever get back in power.

They are even changing the rules of the game with new rules to further ensure control forever

We must stop calling them "liberals". They are fully at the very other end of the spectrum with a very effective  army of brown shirts

Anonymous

The cancel culture is imported from totalitarian regimes.

cc

He's an economist, a historian, a philosopher, and one of the greatest social theorists America has ever produced. His name is Thomas Sowell, and he might be the most important scholar you've never heard of.

Jason Riley, Senior Fellow at the Manhattan Institute, tells his inspiring story.

">

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416788 time=1627394436 user_id=88
He's an economist, a historian, a philosopher, and one of the greatest social theorists America has ever produced. His name is Thomas Sowell, and he might be the most important scholar you've never heard of.

Jason Riley, Senior Fellow at the Manhattan Institute, tells his inspiring story.

">

I like his videos too.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Slavery and Jim Crow caused the breakdown of black American families. What a load of stupidity.

Anonymous

The welfare state has had a devastating impact on black families.

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=417132 time=1627830371 user_id=114

That's the plan. Keep em poor & dependent so they will always remain on the Dem's own plantations

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=417134 time=1627834753 user_id=88
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=417132 time=1627830371 user_id=114

That's the plan. Keep em poor & dependent so they will always remain on the Dem's own plantations

The plan has worked extremely well.

cc

It has. In effect, they have never not been on a plantation.

After a famous Republican freed them, Democrats merely relocated most to new plantations located within  any of the large cities they govern

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=417139 time=1627839748 user_id=88
It has. In effect, they have never not been on a plantation.

After a famous Republican freed them, Democrats merely relocated most to new plantations located within  any of the large cities they govern

The Democratic Party was the party of slavery and segregation.

Print
User actions