Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Think of your ex this Valentine's Day

Started by Oliver Clotheshoffe, February 01, 2021, 09:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver Clotheshoffe

">
[/img]

Ever felt like ripping your ex's head off? Well now you can. Sorta.

For just $5, the San Antonio Zoo will name a cockroach after your former significant other and feed it to a bird, reptile or mammal. It's part of the zoo's "Cry Me a Cockroach" event on Valentine's Day. And if your ex-boo was an especially snaky one, pay $20 more to have zoo keepers feed a frozen rat to a reptile instead.

For those not into critters, the zoo offers a $5 herbivore option that consists of romaine lettuce, cabbage and other leafy greens that can be fed to vegetarian animals.

The best part of the deal? You don't have to be at the zoo to watch your ex-turned-pest get eaten up. San Antonio Zoo plans to stream the feedings on Facebook Live. You'll even receive a certificate to share on social media. If you're feeling brave enough, post it and tag that unlucky someone.

Jilted lovers have until Feb. 13 at 6 p.m. ET to register on the zoo's website. Only first names will be displayed during the event. The money raised from the "Cry Me A Cockroach" event will go towards expanding the zoo's jaguar habitat with a connected overhead catwalk.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/name-a-cockroach-after-your-ex-and-watch-it-get-eaten-on-valentines-day/35375546">https://www.wcvb.com/article/name-a-coc ... y/35375546">https://www.wcvb.com/article/name-a-cockroach-after-your-ex-and-watch-it-get-eaten-on-valentines-day/35375546
Life is too short to be in a hurry

cc

:roll:

Mine is no longer  alive as mate found from search and I finally could stop looking over my shoulder in fear, but otherwise i might have done it

I know it's mean and I'm not usually vengeful .. but he was a special and very dangerous case

I know we all appreciate your posts OC, and would enjoy seeing more of you .. if you can see fit
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

cc

I wish I could say that, although he can no longer scare me

It's best to choose well and never have one

Anonymous

I hold no grudges against former boyfriends and vice versa.

cc

That's always  situational. I have had relationships where we remained very good friends even to today

With this past hubby, I'm lucky to still be alive  .. a gone-wonky  psychologist (sigh) once working for head office  IBM yet

My tough Hubby helped by putting the fear of a fate worse than death  into  him

Anonymous

I dated one or two psychos in my drinking days.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=400308 time=1612219141 user_id=88
With this past hubby, I'm lucky to still be alive  .. a gone-wonky  psychologist (sigh) once working for head office  IBM yet

My tough Hubby helped by putting the fear of a fate worse than death  into  him

:ohmy:

cc

It worked. I never heard from him again  .. seems he took Hubby seriously  .. as cowards who attack women usually do fear males who mean business

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=400328 time=1612223607 user_id=88
It worked. I never heard from him again  .. seems he took Hubby seriously  .. as cowards who attack women usually do fear males who mean business

I strongly oppose violence, or threats of violence..

But, in your situation, it seems justified.

cc

There are people in our world for whom  it takes fear  of personal harm to stop these cruel bullies from harming those weaker than themselves

Bullies are always terrified  of  harm to themselves  .. so as long as "they believe" harm will happen to them if they hurt someone, it's a 100% deterrent.

It was good that he did not have to act .. whereas without the threat he would have .. It sure was nice to be able to go out alone and not worry about being found and harmed again again again

I'm guessin your hubby would not allow anyone to harm you, however persistent the wannabe harmer was  :wink:

Anonymous

There are people that don't like me, but I don't know anyone that wants to cause me harm.

cc

That's good. Most people can say that, but by no means everyone can.

There was a time in my life where I could not say that .. I can now.

There are many who live in fear of real harm every day, and knowing how bad it is to be in that spot .. I feel for them

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=400366 time=1612245933 user_id=88
That's good. Most people can say that, but by no means everyone can.

There was a time in my life where I could not say that .. I can now.

There are many who live in fear of real harm every day, and knowing how bad it is to be in that spot .. I feel for them

I couldn't imagine what it's like to have someone like that pursuing you..

I'm glad you no longer have to live in fear.

@realAzhyaAryola

Thinking off exes can be depressing so no thanks.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]