Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Brave Lady Myanmar leader Suu Kyi Wins Landslide and arrested by army

Started by cc, February 01, 2021, 12:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Myanmar leader Aung San Suu Kyi and other senior figures from the ruling party have been detained in an early morning raid, the spokesman for the governing National League for Democracy said on Monday.

https://media4.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2019_50/3141286/191210-suu-kyi-rohingya-mc-9382_3c7d879fec4d544bafb30a193fbf2a93.fit-2000w.JPG">

Aung San Suu Kyi, the leader of Myanmar's civilian government, has been taken into custody in a raid early on Monday morning. The army said that it had taken control of the country and declared a state of emergency that will last a year.

Other members of the ruling National League for Democracy have also been detained, according to local reports.

The coup follows a flare-up of tension between the country's powerful army and the nominally in-charge civilian rulers. The developments were accompanied by a military build-up around main city Yangon.

On Myawaddy TV, a station owned by the army, the military later said that it had seized control of the country in response to "election fraud." Military leader Min Aung-Hliang will now head the government.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=400222 time=1612200449 user_id=88
Myanmar leader Aung San Suu Kyi and other senior figures from the ruling party have been detained in an early morning raid, the spokesman for the governing National League for Democracy said on Monday.

https://media4.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2019_50/3141286/191210-suu-kyi-rohingya-mc-9382_3c7d879fec4d544bafb30a193fbf2a93.fit-2000w.JPG">

Aung San Suu Kyi, the leader of Myanmar's civilian government, has been taken into custody in a raid early on Monday morning. The army said that it had taken control of the country and declared a state of emergency that will last a year.

Other members of the ruling National League for Democracy have also been detained, according to local reports.

The coup follows a flare-up of tension between the country's powerful army and the nominally in-charge civilian rulers. The developments were accompanied by a military build-up around main city Yangon.

On Myawaddy TV, a station owned by the army, the military later said that it had seized control of the country in response to "election fraud." Military leader Min Aung-Hliang will now head the government.

She is no longer the darling of the West. She can't expect much more than empty platitudes about democracy from us.

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=400265 time=1612211634 user_id=114
She is no longer the darling of the West. She can't expect much more than empty platitudes about democracy from us.

Far as I know, "she" has not changed

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=400265 time=1612211634 user_id=114

Didn't Suu Kyi fall out of favour by enforcing law and order on problem Muslims?

cc

Maybe that's why the west turned on her.

The country has been inundated with Bangladeshis

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=400288 time=1612214852 user_id=88
Maybe that's why the west turned on her.

The country has been inundated with Bangladeshis

If she's sending illegals back, I say  :thumbup: .

cc

She is .. and I read recently that Bangladesh is placing them on islands far offshore .. They were originally from Bangladesh

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=400307 time=1612218854 user_id=88
She is .. and I read recently that Bangladesh is placing them on islands far offshore .. They were originally from Bangladesh

She is my kind of leader.