Replies: 7375
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:46:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

A

hate crimes

Started by Anonymous, March 22, 2021, 09:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

The attacker was a woman.

Hate crime unit investigating attack on 2 Muslim girls in Calgary park

CALGARY -- A young Muslim girl was punched, kicked and had her religious head covering pulled in what police are investigating as a possible hate crime in Calgary's Prince's Island Park.

The incident happened Sunday at around 1:30 p.m. as two girls, both under the age of 16, were walking along the pathway near the Bow River.

According to police, a 28-year-old woman confronted them with a verbal attack.

Police say the women tried to walk away as racial slurs were hurled at them, but the woman persisted and the attack escalated to physical violence.

One woman was pushed, punched in the face, kicked in the stomach and had her hijab — a headscarf worn by Muslim women — torn off. The second victim wasn't physically assaulted.

"It's just ... sadness. The community doesn't get shocked anymore," said Dr. Mukarram Zaidi with the Canadian Muslim Research Think Tank.

"When I speak to women and young girls, they're having these incidents on a daily basis."

Zaidi also points to three incidents in Edmonton this year in which women were harassed and assaulted in what police called "hate-motivated" attacks. A man was charged earlier this month.

The incident in Prince's Island Park was stopped when an innocent bystander and two men, believed to be associated with the attacker, intervened, allowing the victims to get away and call 911.

With aerial support from the HAWCS police helicopter, a 28-year-old woman was located and arrested in connection with the investigation. Bridgette Serverite is charged with common assault, mischief and causing a disturbance in public.

Police are looking to speak with anyone who witnessed or recorded the incident, as well as a Good Samaritan who stayed with the women following the attack.

Zaidi says there needs to be a collective effort from police, media and politicians to handle these situations better.

"It can't just be statements, there needs to be action," he said.

"That is such a sad feeling that living in Canada you fear for yourself and safety just because you look different and follow a different religion."

The group adds that it's a painful coincidence that March 21, the date of the Prince's Island Park attack, is also the United Nations International Day for the Elimination of Racism.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/hate-crime-unit-investigating-attack-on-2-muslim-girls-in-calgary-park-1.5356803?fbclid=IwAR3n--dl8AJ8p3EZe1xnpjbtO7u_0O6uA0zI-MYJcUbR7n0uxb4NfxSQpLU">https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/hate-crime-u ... b4NfxSQpLU">https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/hate-crime-unit-investigating-attack-on-2-muslim-girls-in-calgary-park-1.5356803?fbclid=IwAR3n--dl8AJ8p3EZe1xnpjbtO7u_0O6uA0zI-MYJcUbR7n0uxb4NfxSQpLU

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=406009 time=1616464246 user_id=3254
The attacker was a woman.

Hate crime unit investigating attack on 2 Muslim girls in Calgary park

CALGARY -- A young Muslim girl was punched, kicked and had her religious head covering pulled in what police are investigating as a possible hate crime in Calgary's Prince's Island Park.

The incident happened Sunday at around 1:30 p.m. as two girls, both under the age of 16, were walking along the pathway near the Bow River.

According to police, a 28-year-old woman confronted them with a verbal attack.

Police say the women tried to walk away as racial slurs were hurled at them, but the woman persisted and the attack escalated to physical violence.

One woman was pushed, punched in the face, kicked in the stomach and had her hijab — a headscarf worn by Muslim women — torn off. The second victim wasn't physically assaulted.

"It's just ... sadness. The community doesn't get shocked anymore," said Dr. Mukarram Zaidi with the Canadian Muslim Research Think Tank.

"When I speak to women and young girls, they're having these incidents on a daily basis."

Zaidi also points to three incidents in Edmonton this year in which women were harassed and assaulted in what police called "hate-motivated" attacks. A man was charged earlier this month.

The incident in Prince's Island Park was stopped when an innocent bystander and two men, believed to be associated with the attacker, intervened, allowing the victims to get away and call 911.

With aerial support from the HAWCS police helicopter, a 28-year-old woman was located and arrested in connection with the investigation. Bridgette Serverite is charged with common assault, mischief and causing a disturbance in public.

Police are looking to speak with anyone who witnessed or recorded the incident, as well as a Good Samaritan who stayed with the women following the attack.

Zaidi says there needs to be a collective effort from police, media and politicians to handle these situations better.

"It can't just be statements, there needs to be action," he said.

"That is such a sad feeling that living in Canada you fear for yourself and safety just because you look different and follow a different religion."

The group adds that it's a painful coincidence that March 21, the date of the Prince's Island Park attack, is also the United Nations International Day for the Elimination of Racism.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/hate-crime-unit-investigating-attack-on-2-muslim-girls-in-calgary-park-1.5356803?fbclid=IwAR3n--dl8AJ8p3EZe1xnpjbtO7u_0O6uA0zI-MYJcUbR7n0uxb4NfxSQpLU">https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/hate-crime-u ... b4NfxSQpLU">https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/hate-crime-unit-investigating-attack-on-2-muslim-girls-in-calgary-park-1.5356803?fbclid=IwAR3n--dl8AJ8p3EZe1xnpjbtO7u_0O6uA0zI-MYJcUbR7n0uxb4NfxSQpLU

That broad must be a crackpot.

Anonymous

According to the most recent and complete data from the U.S. Department of Justice,

Of those 182,230 violent indicents against Asians here in America., the race of the offender was as follows:

White: 24.1%

Asian: 24.1%

Hispanic: 7.0%

Multiple offenders of various races: 2.9%

Other: 14.4%

Black: 27.5%

I'll let you figure out what that means while the media runs around virtue signaling and demonizing white people again.

All lives matter. And the facts matter too.

Gaon

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=406019 time=1616466019 user_id=2015
According to the most recent and complete data from the U.S. Department of Justice,

Of those 182,230 violent indicents against Asians here in America., the race of the offender was as follows:

I'll let you figure out what that means while the media runs around virtue signaling and demonizing white people again.

I thought Asian would be higher.
The Russian Rock It

Gaon

I read that there has been many random attacks on Asians in Vancouver. But, I have never witnessed a random insult against Asians.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: Gaon post_id=406042 time=1616469860 user_id=3170
I read that there has been many random attacks on Asians in Vancouver. But, I have never witnessed a random insult against Asians.

I have never seen it either in Vancouver or Calgary..

The type of people who do that probably have mental health issues.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=406043 time=1616471799 user_id=3254

It was Ed

Anonymous

Quote from: Guest post_id=406048 time=1616488402
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=406043 time=1616471799 user_id=3254

It was Ed

That would mean leaving his shitty little apartment and he is scared to do that.

Odinson

Oh boohoo..

This gets more media attention than the numerous rapes these monkeys commit on white people.

Words and hijab slapping... I'm in tears.

Not a single fuck is given until the towelhead community leaders start condemning the behavior of their kind...

Rather than dodge the issue by starting to speak about "covert racism".

Fuck them.

Renee

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=406019 time=1616466019 user_id=2015

So white people pick on Asians at the same rate as Asians attack themselves...Interesting... ac_umm

Tell me, are different Asian ethnicities bigoted against each other?....Say for example, do the Chinese look down their noses at the Vietnamese or Koreans? I know very well that Hispanics look down on each other...They are very prejudice against one another depending upon what country they come from and to a large degree, skin color.. Lighter skinned Latinos consider themselves better no matter what country they come from....You see it in the tourist trade in places like Mexico...The lighter skinned Mexicans get preferential treatment when being hired for the more high profile jobs...The darker ones end up as maids and maintenance workers...I was just wondering if you little yellow devils do the same thing.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Yes, there is intra Asian bigotry..

I read there have been attacks on Filipinos by East Indians in Greater Vancouver.

Anonymous

The woman charged is black.

Woman charged with hate crime after calling McDonald's manager 'stupid Mexican,' physically attacking him

The suspect also referred to employees as 'dumb Mexicans...who don't know how to speak English,' authorities said

https://www.theblaze.com/news/woman-charged-hate-crime-mcdonalds-manager?utm_source=theblaze-dailyPM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__PM%202021-03-25&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Daily%20PM">https://www.theblaze.com/news/woman-cha ... Daily%20PM">https://www.theblaze.com/news/woman-charged-hate-crime-mcdonalds-manager?utm_source=theblaze-dailyPM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__PM%202021-03-25&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Daily%20PM

A 40-year-old woman was charged with a hate crime after calling a McDonald's manager a "stupid Mexican" and physically attacking him while calling other employees "dumb Mexicans ... who don't know how to speak English," the Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office said.

cc

Quote from: Renee post_id=406066 time=1616508641 user_id=156
So white people pick on Asians at the same rate as Asians attack themselves...Interesting... ac_umm

Tell me, are different Asian ethnicities bigoted against each other?....Say for example, do the Chinese look down their noses at the Vietnamese or Koreans? I know very well that Hispanics look down on each other...They are very prejudice against one another depending upon what country they come from and to a large degree, skin color.. Lighter skinned Latinos consider themselves better no matter what country they come from....You see it in the tourist trade in places like Mexico...The lighter skinned Mexicans get preferential treatment when being hired for the more high profile jobs...The darker ones end up as maids and maintenance workers...I was just wondering if you little yellow devils do the same thing.

When we moved to the Philippines, one thing really stood out .. those with mostly Spanish blood very noticeably dominated best job positions and societal positions .. and of course are lighter skinned. Being Ex Pat, most of those we confronted were quite Spanish blood and really looked down on the group not of obvious Spanish blood

Then there is the Chinese. While few in total numbers, most all were  strong in business positions and company ownerships  and of course most often not well liked by both quite Spanish and less Spanish locals
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=406255 time=1616725451 user_id=88
Quote from: Renee post_id=406066 time=1616508641 user_id=156

When we moved to the Philippines, one thing really stood out .. those with mostly Spanish blood very noticeably dominated best job positions and societal positions .. and of course are lighter skinned. Being Ex Pat, most of those we confronted were quite Spanish blood and really looked down on the group not of obvious Spanish blood

Then there is the Chinese. While few in total numbers, most all were  strong in business positions and company ownerships  and of course most often not well liked by both quite Spanish and less Spanish people

I've heard this about the Phhilippines.

Anonymous

Sucks to be Chinese these days, huh? I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

:wink:

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview