Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

I agree with Joe Biden.

Started by Bricktop, April 08, 2021, 10:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=408622 time=1618671584 user_id=1676
Tens of millions in the 20th century...

Little to nothing to do with us, you may continue to keep on wetting your bed before you go to sleep  :001_rolleyes:
Permanently off his rocker

Frood

History repeats, Pigeon Hotelier...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=408622 time=1618671584 user_id=1676
Tens of millions in the 20th century...

I think the key word in Fash's question was being. You know, a present participle.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=408625 time=1618671867 user_id=1676
History repeats, Pigeon Hotelier...

Suffering from paranoia again?  Western democratic governments have become so weak they can't even find a reason to protect themselves from Chinese infiltration, yet you're still paranoid to a level they'll start killing their own people for little to no reason?  I can come up with a number of reasons why this won't happen.

Anonymous

I don't know where I stand on the issue of gun control. I strongly disagree with Trudeau's approach. But, his "solutions" to everything are always to punish those not responsible for a problem. Think plastics, and C02 emissions.

Frood

:001_rolleyes:

Ok, Gonzo the bird fiddler...
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=408630 time=1618672615 user_id=1676
:001_rolleyes:

Ok, Gonzo the bird fiddler...

Like I've said, there're a tons of other issues to worry about than expecting the government to kill their own people.  Here are just some reasons why I think the chances are slim to none.

1 - We live in a modern democratic state, people have basic rights to defend themselves, the government has made a very sharp turn

2 - Modern IT and vast communication network, if the government wants to kill people, expect it to be witness across the globe

3 - Level of human moral and standard of ethics have greatly improved over the past few decades

4 - The West already lacks enough people, no point shaving off a chunk of the population for no reason

5 - Unless their executing the criminals, while killing good innocent folks is same as destroying their own HR assets

6 - Your paranoia of democide is built upon non-Western democratic nations

7 - Even if you have a gun, you're not going to stand a chance against against a highly trained and professional armed force

8 - Western leaders are getting weaker and ill determined due to pressure from social media

And there are more reasons I can come up with

Blazor

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=408572 time=1618628794 user_id=1560
I know a lot of people who think guns prevent crime...

You think they dont, I recall you saying that. "Oh you're not trained! You cant do it!". Well there are a lot of people who are trained.

"If there aint no guns, it wont happen!"

Seems church would be a good nice widdle safe space right? NOPE! These fucks go after those they deem defenseless.

Which brings me to my example, of a gun being used that Zetsu says we shouldnt have, in a safe space (church), when a guy with an overcoat comes in with a rifle under his coat, ready to take everybody in the congregation out. This old guy, was quick and effective, in taking out the perpetrator saving many lives.

Blazor doesnt forget these kinds of things.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.breitbart.com%2Fmedia%2F2019%2F12%2Fj34Flke-640x480.png&f=1&nofb=1">
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

https://scontent.fric1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/174442235_3897576766995356_2344750835012636198_n.png?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=UA9Fy8CCEtoAX_LoHbp&_nc_ht=scontent.fric1-1.fna&oh=a73ff3ce4939b505ecf5cf033e222453&oe=609FCB5A">

Anonymous

Quote from: Blazor post_id=408634 time=1618673957 user_id=2221

You think they dont, I recall you saying that. "Oh you're not trained! You cant do it!". Well there are a lot of people who are trained.

Seems church would be a good nice widdle safe space right? NOPE! These fucks go after those they deem defenseless.

Which brings me to my example, of a gun being used that Zetsu says we shouldnt have, in a safe space (church), when a guy with an overcoat comes in with a rifle under his coat, ready to take everybody in the congregation out. This old guy, was quick and effective, in taking out the perpetrator saving many lives.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.breitbart.com%2Fmedia%2F2019%2F12%2Fj34Flke-640x480.png&f=1&nofb=1">

I remember when that happened Blazor.

Zetsu

I have to admit you do have a better point than Dinkhead here.  

Blaze, I know you already know letting civilians own firearms has always been a 2 edge sword, but if you were a person in power, which type of new policies you'd introduce to help prevent more gun related homicide in the future for the US?  You don't have to really answer if you don't feel like it, just wanted to hear more opinions.

Blazor

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=408639 time=1618674972 user_id=61

Blaze, I'm know you already know letting civilians own firearms has always been a 2 edge sword, but if you were a person in power, which type of new policies you'd introduce to help prevent more gun related homicide in the future for the US?  You don't have to really answer if you don't feel like it, just wanted to hear more opinions.

Hmmmm, this is an interesting question, as I've never had it asked of me.

I, my friend, am a Libertarian. Therefore, I believe in Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness, as well as our Constitutional rights.

The part about "right to bear arms, shall not be infringed" implies to many things. For we have the right to defend ourselves, from foreign AND Domestic enemies, including the right to stand up to tyranny.

We all know murdering someone is illegal. Swift justice should be done to those that do so. Not what a lot of states are doing now like opposing the death penalty, and giving them short sentences. For those kind of people will do it again.

We all know that harming or killing someone can involve many TOOLS, aside from a gun. Someone who wants to kill someone, will do so with their bare hands if they want to.

We all know that criminals, can get guns very easily. They can even 3D print them. I bet you prolly didnt know of an event last year, where Chinese shipping containers meant for Antifa were intercepted at the dock. Criminals will get guns, or whatever tools they want, and the more a law abiding citizen is restricted, the worse it will be for law abiding citizens to defend themselves.

We know felons cant get guns..... not legally. So they resort to buying them from a friend, or stealing them. My son just had one stolen out of his locked truck last weekend that was in his glove box.

So I feel we need to focus on preventing criminals from doing these things. Like harsher penalties on those that commit those crimes, with illegal guns being an even greater punishment. Death penalty for those that kill.

I feel putting more unneeded restrictions on law abiding gun owners, is the last thing we need.

And for those who would like to own a gun, should pass a safety course first. I did as a kid, so did my son.

My son was lucky to have me in his life and show him proper safety, and respect for others.

A lot of the criminals coming up today come from single family homes. They are hell on wheels, with no proper parental guidance, or raised by shitty parents. I would like to see more Reach Out Programs, kinda like Big Brother Big Sister. Give these kids some kind of role model.

When people realize its certain people, not the guns, then we can address what those people need. It starts when they are kids. It starts at home. FAMILY needs to come back.

cc

Practicality:

Bottom line is that the US has so many guns + those who buy them want them, so there is no way the Govt could get a large %

Worse - any criminals  (or anyone for that matter) can get guns clandestinely on the illegal market & will always be able to

Even worse -  Now that they can be and are being made illegally using common software,  and of course  with no numbering and no knowledge of authorities, the problem of removing them  becomes impossible .. so those people who could be dangerous will have them if they want them and hide them so would never give them up

Thus anyone saying get rid of all guns is blowing smoke / dreaming ... then ..  talk / blabber  is always cheap & easy
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Zetsu

Quote from: Blazor post_id=408641 time=1618678973 user_id=2221

Blaze, I'm know you already know letting civilians own firearms has always been a 2 edge sword, but if you were a person in power, which type of new policies you'd introduce to help prevent more gun related homicide in the future for the US?  You don't have to really answer if you don't feel like it, just wanted to hear more opinions.

I, my friend, am a Libertarian. Therefore, I believe in Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness, as well as our Constitutional rights.

The part about "right to bear arms, shall not be infringed" implies to many things. For we have the right to defend ourselves, from foreign AND Domestic enemies, including the right to stand up to tyranny.

We all know murdering someone is illegal. Swift justice should be done to those that do so. Not what a lot of states are doing now like opposing the death penalty, and giving them short sentences. For those kind of people will do it again.

We all know that harming or killing someone can involve many TOOLS, aside from a gun. Someone who wants to kill someone, will do so with their bare hands if they want to.

We all know that criminals, can get guns very easily. They can even 3D print them. I bet you prolly didnt know of an event last year, where Chinese shipping containers meant for Antifa were intercepted at the dock. Criminals will get guns, or whatever tools they want, and the more a law abiding citizen is restricted, the worse it will be for law abiding citizens to defend themselves.

We know felons cant get guns..... not legally. So they resort to buying them from a friend, or stealing them. My son just had one stolen out of his locked truck last weekend that was in his glove box.

So I feel we need to focus on preventing criminals from doing these things. Like harsher penalties on those that commit those crimes, with illegal guns being an even greater punishment. Death penalty for those that kill.

I feel putting more unneeded restrictions on law abiding gun owners, is the last thing we need.

And for those who would like to own a gun, should pass a safety course first. I did as a kid, so did my son.

My son was lucky to have me in his life and show him proper safety, and respect for others.

A lot of the criminals coming up today come from single family homes. They are hell on wheels, with no proper parental guidance, or raised by shitty parents. I would like to see more Reach Out Programs, kinda like Big Brother Big Sister. Give these kids some kind of role model.

When people realize its certain people, not the guns, then we can address what those people need. It starts when they are kids. It starts at home. FAMILY needs to come back.

You do have a number of good points there Blaze, especially about how criminals can 3D print or even possible to smuggle firearms from other countries like China or Mexico.  But considering you're my brother and a dear friend and I'm Chinese(an old Chinese proverb goes by, I forgot the exact phrase but iirc it's something about "people should never lie/suck up to each other just b/c they're friends, lol") I'd like to share my 2 cents worth.

It's true criminals can still figure out a way to get access to guns, whether it's constructing one or smuggling them, but as long as the government makes it a lot harder for them to gain access or drastically cut off their main source, I believe they'll most likely give up except for the most professional ones, considering we haven't heard about 3D printed guns used in Canada, or maybe I wasn't keeping myself updated, lol.  From what my brother in correction service witness most of the time, he notice a lot of the inmates inside their prison can be amazingly creative in order to get what they want, but the one thing they all had in common is they're only forced to work hard and are quite lazy.

I know this sounds weird and not sure does it work, but I've always been thinking, aside from registering firearms, can the US government slowly make gun manufacturers reduce their production of firearms every year.  And start a program for all legal gun owners to join cadet or become a volunteer or part time police officer.  Part time police officer I don't mean as in the front line of duty, but just going through police training and like become a extra pair of eyes for the police, take down a suspect with a gun when it's safe to do so and learning how to manage or prevent the legal guns from being ended up in the black market or stolen.  I'm not sure is this possible or will the government have enough funds to do this, but I think it's worth a try.

Blazor

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=408647 time=1618682034 user_id=61
Quote from: Blazor post_id=408641 time=1618678973 user_id=2221

You do have a number of good points there Blaze, especially about how criminals can 3D print or even possible to smuggle firearms from other countries like China or Mexico.  But considering you're my brother and a dear friend and I'm Chinese(an old Chinese proverb goes by, I forgot the exact phrase but iirc it's something about "people should never lie/suck up to each other just b/c they're friends, lol") I'd like to share my 2 cents worth.

It's true criminals can still figure out a way to get access to guns, whether it's constructing one or smuggling them, but as long as the government makes it a lot harder for them to gain access or drastically cut off their main source, I believe they'll most likely give up except for the most professional ones, considering we haven't heard about 3D printed guns used in Canada, or maybe I wasn't keeping myself updated, lol.  From what my brother in correction service witness most of the time, he notice a lot of the inmates inside their prison can be amazingly creative in order to get what they want, but the one thing they all had in common is they're only forced to work hard and are quite lazy.

I know this sounds weird and not sure does it work, but I've always been thinking, aside from registering firearms, can the US government slowly make gun manufacturers reduce their production of firearms every year.  And start a program for all legal gun owners to join cadet or become a volunteer or part time police officer.  Part time police officer I don't mean as in the front line of duty, but just going through police training and like become a extra pair of eyes for the police, take down a suspect with a gun when it's safe to do so and learning how to manage or prevent the legal guns from being ended up in the black market or stolen.  I'm not sure is this possible or will the government have enough funds to do this, but I think it's worth a try.

Any way of making it harder on law abiding citizens, is a no go for me, sorry lol. I wish you knew the ways of the world here, its not civil as most think.

Im glad to see you too being creative in a way to make a good gunsmith out of someone. I still say it starts with family, and a safety course at least. But you prolly dont recall me saying I was a junior police cadet at one point too lol. Unfortunately, it no longer exists, because of safety concerns and minors I guess. I thought it was a great program. I even hosted a night, where I taught martial arts to the cadets and officers  ac_cool