Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

What would YOU do?

Started by keeper, January 26, 2014, 03:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chickenfeets

Good on people who stood up for the Muslim woman. There may be hope yet.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"Good on people who stood up for the Muslim woman. There may be hope yet.

With the exception of Gary Oak, I think we all would Chickenfeets..

Most of us have a conscience.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gary Oak"
Quote from: "Keeper"So? what would you do if you were in this situation?

">

I wouldn't serve Muslim slime either.
Why? You scared they would kick your ass as badly as the Chinese boxer did?

keeper

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Odinson"If I had to stand in line... I would probably yell them to get a move on. That will probably resolve the situation.

If I was the store owner, I would give the clerk a warning because gold is gold. She will probably visit the same shop next time she has a craving for sweets.

Theres no bakery shops with strict dress codes. Besides that woman is hot. :D

I don't think that would happen in real life..

Usually discrimination is much more subtle.

You haven't witnessed Discrimination first hand Fash?, I most certainly have, many times, not just for race but a Varity of things, Homelessness being the biggest one. And you damn right I say something if I think someone is being treated unfairly and not speaking up for them self. I don't take shit from ignorance.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"You haven't witnessed Discrimination first hand Fash?, I most certainly have, many times, not just for race but a Varity of things, Homelessness being the biggest one. And you damn right I say something if I think someone is being treated unfairly and not speaking up for them self. I don't take shit from ignorance.

I don't think Fash is saying discrimination doesn't happen in real life. I think what she means is that it is usually not that bloody overt. I have seen racism, hell I have been on the receiving end of it. However, it is not usually "we don't serve chinks, you people are taking all our jobs away". Sometimes I prefer that kind because at least the person is honest about their racial bigotry, but again it is seldom that obvious.

Annie

Quote from: "Romero"

">

Ugh, some of those people were awful. Fortunately most knew right from wrong.

I would have told that guy he was wrong, and if she couldn't shop there then I wouldn't shop there.

That's what I would do too. And then I'd help her file a complaint against the business and be her witness.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

keeper

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Keeper"You haven't witnessed Discrimination first hand Fash?, I most certainly have, many times, not just for race but a Varity of things, Homelessness being the biggest one. And you damn right I say something if I think someone is being treated unfairly and not speaking up for them self. I don't take shit from ignorance.

I don't think Fash is saying discrimination doesn't happen in real life. I think what she means is that it is usually not that bloody overt. I have seen racism, hell I have been on the receiving end of it. However, it is not usually "we don't serve chinks, you people are taking all our jobs away". Sometimes I prefer that kind because at least the person is honest about their racial bigotry, but again it is seldom that obvious.

I disagree, Here, where i am i see it almost everyday, Some asshole trying to impress the guy beside him thinking he/she is all that by trying to be little someone who looks or acts different, i understood what fash meant and like i said, i see it almost everyday and believe me there obvious, sometimes just not to that person face. I think maybe you see it but are just "used" to it for lack of a better word Shen, plus people will go out of there way to do it behind your back when your not looking, I have stood in a line paying for something and there will be a lady/man in line and some prick will be making gestures behind there back.

Just the other day i was in my Favorite restaurant that my ex and i used to go in the morning every Saturday for coffee for years and got to know the owner very well ( hes Asian). After work i was picking up supper and standing to pay and the owner come out to say hi, Asking how i was, we talked for awhile and he went back to the kitchen, I look over to one of the booths and 2 older teens are pulling there eyes side ways making fun of my friend saying shit like " ya ya we love you long time" Chicken fwied wice and shit, I glared at them and said Real mature dick head, grow the fuck up. What i should have did was grab that puke and haul him in the back and tell him to repeat what he said. To be on the receiving end of something like that would just numb me.... Gawd it just burns me!!!!!!

keeper

I want to add im not innocent, i have made fun of others when i was a younger teen, im not proud of what i did and if i could go back and apologize to those people i would, i was immature and didn't know any better, that is no excuse and im ashamed of myself, maybe that's why i say and do what i do now when i see that kind of behavior.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"
Quote from: "Shen Li"

I disagree, Here, where i am i see it almost everyday, Some asshole trying to impress the guy beside him thinking he/she is all that by trying to be little someone who looks or acts different, i understood what fash meant and like i said, i see it almost everyday and believe me there obvious, sometimes just not to that person face. I think maybe you see it but are just "used" to it for lack of a better word Shen, plus people will go out of there way to do it behind your back when your not looking, I have stood in a line paying for something and there will be a lady/man in line and some prick will be making gestures behind there back.

Just the other day i was in my Favorite restaurant that my ex and i used to go in the morning every Saturday for coffee for years and got to know the owner very well ( hes Asian). After work i was picking up supper and standing to pay and the owner come out to say hi, Asking how i was, we talked for awhile and he went back to the kitchen, I look over to one of the booths and 2 older teens are pulling there eyes side ways making fun of my friend saying shit like " ya ya we love you long time" Chicken fwied wice and shit, I glared at them and said Real mature dick head, grow the fuck up. What i should have did was grab that puke and haul him in the back and tell him to repeat what he said. To be on the receiving end of something like that would just numb me.... Gawd it just burns me!!!!!!

Hello Keeper, this what I meant about what happened in the video not being common..

If a business owner doesn't like they are not likely to say to my face they do not serve East Asians..

They would put their business in jeopardy if they did..

More likely to serve me, then after I am gone pull their eyes back and stereotype my English.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"I want to add im not innocent, i have made fun of others when i was a younger teen, im not proud of what i did and if i could go back and apologize to those people i would, i was immature and didn't know any better, that is no excuse and im ashamed of myself, maybe that's why i say and do what i do now when i see that kind of behavior.

As long as you grew up and grew out of it, that is ok..

I attended a private Christian school where making fun of others was not tolerated..

But when I rode Calgary transit I would see kids from other schools and yes I got rude comments.

:(

keeper

Quote from: "Keeper"I want to add im not innocent, i have made fun of others when i was a younger teen, im not proud of what i did and if i could go back and apologize to those people i would, i was immature and didn't know any better, that is no excuse and im ashamed of myself, maybe that's why i say and do what i do now when i see that kind of behavior.

I attended a private Christian school where making fun of others was not tolerated..

But when I rode Calgary transit I would see kids from other schools and yes I got rude comments.

And if i was standing beside you i would have said something and apologize on behalf of them. Ignorance is no excuse.

Odinson

I attended to a school where the new guys got dunked in a ditch whenever they got caught... Went on for the whole year.  :lol: It was called "the baptisement".

The tradition of doing harm to the new guys continues on.

Anonymous

And if i was standing beside you i would have said something and apologize on behalf of them. Ignorance is no excuse.

Do you think it happens more or less today than say twenty years ago?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"
Quote from: "Romero"

">

Ugh, some of those people were awful. Fortunately most knew right from wrong.

I would have told that guy he was wrong, and if she couldn't shop there then I wouldn't shop there.

That's what I would do too. And then I'd help her file a complaint against the business and be her witness.
I would do that too. I just can't imagine anyone putting their biz in jeopardy like that.

keeper

Do you think it happens more or less today than say twenty years ago?

That's a hard question for me to answer, I have done a lot of growing up in the past 20 years. Then I was, lets say not a nice person.