Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

For Seoul ... OK, and me too

Started by cc, May 23, 2021, 09:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

https://www.theepochtimes.com/golf-fifty-and-fabulous-mickelson-defies-age-to-win-pga-championship_3827717.html">Fifty and Fabulous: Mickelson Defies Age to Win PGA Championship - The oldest shot maker ever to do it

KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C.—Phil Mickelson turned back the clock to secure a two-shot victory over Brooks Koepka and South African Louis Oosthuizen at the PGA Championship on Sunday and become the oldest major winner in history aged 50.

https://img.theepochtimes.com/assets/uploads/2021/05/24/Phil-Mickelson-e1621815183508-700x420.jpg">

Mickelson, who began the day with a one-shot lead over Koepka, put the finishing touches on one of the most impressive feats in golf with a one-over-par 73 at the Ocean Course that left him at six under on the week.

When Mickelson's approach shot safely found the green at the final hole a wild scene ensued as adoring fans raced to follow one of the game's all-time greats up the fairway and completely enveloped him in a frenzied swarm.

Security officials eventually had to step in to create a narrow path for Mickelson to navigate his way to forward where he two-putted from 16 feet (4.9 meters) to seal the win.

"Truly inspirational to see @PhilMickelson do it again at 50 years of age. Congrats!!!!!!!," 15-times major champion Tiger Woods, who is home recovering from serious leg injuries suffered in a February car crash, wrote on Twitter.

[Well done Phil - in my opinion one of the nicest people in sport]
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=411714 time=1621818295 user_id=88
https://server1.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/sboxugvregwxbo/stuv/p2/golf-fifty-and-fabulous-mickelson-defies-age-to-win-pga-championship_3827717.html">Fifty and Fabulous: Mickelson Defies Age to Win PGA Championship - The oldest shot maker ever to do it

KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C.—Phil Mickelson turned back the clock to secure a two-shot victory over Brooks Koepka and South African Louis Oosthuizen at the PGA Championship on Sunday and become the oldest major winner in history aged 50.

Mickelson, who began the day with a one-shot lead over Koepka, put the finishing touches on one of the most impressive feats in golf with a one-over-par 73 at the Ocean Course that left him at six under on the week.

When Mickelson's approach shot safely found the green at the final hole a wild scene ensued as adoring fans raced to follow one of the game's all-time greats up the fairway and completely enveloped him in a frenzied swarm.

Security officials eventually had to step in to create a narrow path for Mickelson to navigate his way to forward where he two-putted from 16 feet (4.9 meters) to seal the win.

"Truly inspirational to see @PhilMickelson do it again at 50 years of age. Congrats!!!!!!!," 15-times major champion Tiger Woods, who is home recovering from serious leg injuries suffered in a February car crash, wrote on Twitter.

I don't watch golf.....I don't golf either.

ac_blush

cc

That's OK, most don't .. . but a great achievement vs. all the odds (age in a young man's league)  is a  great achievement

Fo those who don't know, a Pro Tournament is based on total score for a full game over 4 consecutive days  - (18 holes x 4 = 72 holes)

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=411716 time=1621819687 user_id=88
That's OK, most don't .. . but a great achievement vs. all the odds (age in a young man's league)  is a  great achievement

Fo those who don't know, a Pro Tournament is based on total score for a full game over 4 consecutive days  - (18 holes x 4 = 72 holes)

It aint got the excitement of wrestling.

cc

Excitement is in the eye of the beholder

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=411725 time=1621826664 user_id=1689
Quote from: cc post_id=411716 time=1621819687 user_id=88

It aint got the excitement of wrestling.

Wrestling is fake though.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=411714 time=1621818295 user_id=88
https://www.theepochtimes.com/golf-fifty-and-fabulous-mickelson-defies-age-to-win-pga-championship_3827717.html">Fifty and Fabulous: Mickelson Defies Age to Win PGA Championship - The oldest shot maker ever to do it

https://img.theepochtimes.com/assets/uploads/2021/05/24/Phil-Mickelson-e1621815183508-700x420.jpg">

He'll be fifty one next month. An excellent ambassador for the game too.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=411735 time=1621868667 user_id=3254
Wrestling is fake though.

Yes. When I have time will tell some stories about when my gandfather in law was the local promoter  ... so as a young child I got backstage to meet and get to know some of the great names of that era  .. the ones on big city TV on the weekends .. most all were gentle souls in real life, loved kids  and treated me special

It was great fun to sit ringside and loudly pick the winner of  the current "match"  . . and be right every time    ac_biggrin .. I always went home with a pocket full of nickels ... the adults would not bet higher with a child