Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 04, 2024, 11:20:11 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

This heat wave

Started by Gaon, June 28, 2021, 02:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Figured you'd come to raz us, lol.

I have lived in 2 places where it gets hotter  that we have now. It's a matter of becoming accustomed to it . The body changes to accommodate as time goes on

Both places, we moved there in cooler season & did acclimatize gradually

Prairies? Most get used to it .. but us coastal sucks have much cooler temps   ... 70s a normal summer day  ... except for right now
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Warning > Ad Hom coming

https://news.yahoo.com/police-rescue-spooked-nude-sunbathers-062413134.html">Two Men Scared Into Australian Forest By A Deer Are Fined For Violating COVID Guidelines...

Alpha males here... :001_rolleyes:

SYDNEY (AP) — Police have fined two men who had to be rescued from an Australian forest after they were startled by a deer while nude sunbathing on a beach and became lost.

The men called for help about 6 p.m. Sunday after they became lost in the Royal National Park south of Sydney, a police statement said Monday.

"Unbelievably, we saw two men sunbaking naked on a beach on the South Coast," Police Commissioner Mick Fuller told reporters. "They were startled by a deer, ran into the national ... park and got lost."

Their rescue involved police aircraft, the State Emergency Service and ambulance officers.

The men, aged 30 and 49, were fined 1,000 Australian dollars ($759) each for breaching a stay-home pandemic order that restricted them to Sydney, police said.

The younger man was found "naked and carrying a backpack" while the older man was "partially clothed," the police statement said.

Fuller described the pair as "idiots."

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=414650 time=1624933852 user_id=1560
Awwww....you poor darlings. 34C. You must be frozen.

lol, hello Bricktop.

ac_hithere

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=414650 time=1624933852 user_id=1560
Awwww....you poor darlings. 34C. You must be frozen.

Smartass.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=414651 time=1624934259 user_id=88
Figured you'd come to raz us, lol.

I have lived in 2 places where it gets hotter  that we have now. It's a matter of becoming accustomed to it . The body changes to accommodate as time goes on

Both places, we moved there in cooler season & did acclimatize gradually

Prairies? Most get used to it .. but us coastal sucks have much cooler temps   ... 70s a normal summer day  ... except for right now

I have lived in some of the hottest places on earth. People can acclimatize fairly quickly. But, like old Shen Li was getting at, does anybody ever get accustomed to that minus thirty shit.

Anonymous

That air mass is blowing East. Winnipeg is supposed to be 37 on Saturday.

Anonymous

It's already warm at seven am.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=414604 time=1624909603 user_id=56
You won't catch me whining about the heat. When this city hits -30 in January, we will look back at this week favourably.

Amen, Sistah! :thumbup:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Crazy how Calgarians were finding a shortage of electric fans.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: @realAzhyaAryola post_id=414822 time=1625076584 user_id=73
Crazy how Calgarians were finding a shortage of electric fans.

That happend every time there is a little heat wave.

Oliver Clotheshoffe

Nice and cool here in Phoenix, we dropped down to 105 degrees. Much better than the 118 we had last week.
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=414847 time=1625088037 user_id=3349
Nice and cool here in Phoenix, we dropped down to 105 degrees. Much better than the 118 we had last week.

It's not as hot as parts of British Columbia.

cc

Right. We are down a lot today

It didn't even come close to forecast which was already down

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=414860 time=1625089060 user_id=88
Right. We are down a lot today

It didn't even come close to forecast

The temperature was well below what was forecast in Vancouver?

cc

yes. So far at least & it's going onto 3pm now

Condo is still hot, so moved large fan to in front of open window to bring down interior temp