Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

A

Islamophobia and Christophobia

Started by Anonymous, July 23, 2021, 09:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Velvet post_id=416578 time=1627153321 user_id=2021
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=416510 time=1627090000 user_id=3254
Canadians would be horrified and rightfully so if mosques or synagogues were being burnt down..

But, it's open season on churches.

For some twisted reasons the burning of churches does not horrify a certain cohort of Canadians

There have been assaults on Muslims, some deadly. There has been arson attack after attack on churches. Vandalism against sacred symbols is becoming the norm. Social media pours forth hate speech toward people of faith. Twitter doesn't seem to care.

And this rising vitriol is not a result of animosity between Muslims or Christians. Something stranger is going on.

Most Westerners are familiar with the term Islamophobia: Canadian politicians and others cite it often. As they do the scourge of anti-Semitism. Christophobia (which is also known as Christianophobia or anti-Christianity) is much less invoked: It's virtually never named by Canada's elected officials or commentators.

The extended definitions of Islamophobia and Christophobia, however, often refer to how the fear and dislike of these religions is "irrational." That's a crucial distinction, because there is little wrong with rational criticism of Christianity or Islam or any other world view, including atheism.

A Muslim family was mowed down last month in a planned truck attack in London, Ont. Last week in Hamilton a Muslim woman and her daughter were openly threatened. These Islamophobic outrages come four years after a gunman killed six people attending a mosque in Quebec City.

And in the past month Christophobia has led to 25 Canadian churches across the country being burned to the ground, defaced or vandalized. In Surrey this week a Coptic Orthodox Church, frequented mostly by immigrants from Egypt, was destroyed by fire.

While many Indigenous leaders are angry at the legacy of the defunct school system, dozens of chiefs have decried the destruction of churches, including those on First Nations territory — given that a majority of Indigenous people are Christian.

Many "allies" of Indigenous people, however, are too ignorant and arrogant to listen to the chiefs' messages.

Harsha Walia, executive director of the once-venerable B.C. Civil Liberties Association, reacted to a tweet about the arson of two Catholic churches by remarking, "Burn it all down."

For some twisted reasons the burning of churches does not horrify a certain cohort.

https://vancouversun.com/opinion/columnists/douglas-todd-not-much-difference-between-islamophobia-and-christophobia?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2ToCiJGWvZJs_na8Cb9lB49HRv2tGEWPHoHSaGGi4oicx9ipj28UCuOIo#Echobox=1626968378">https://vancouversun.com/opinion/column ... 1626968378">https://vancouversun.com/opinion/columnists/douglas-todd-not-much-difference-between-islamophobia-and-christophobia?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2ToCiJGWvZJs_na8Cb9lB49HRv2tGEWPHoHSaGGi4oicx9ipj28UCuOIo#Echobox=1626968378

We wouldn't tolerate the torching of one mosque let alone dozens.

We all know that.

cc

One chalk writing on a musque = bring in huge CSIS forces and result in hate crime (I may get to see CSIS for that one)

Burning down a church = maybe a wrist slap, and that's only if local police  bother to investigate as CSIS doesn't want to hear about it

Jeez we are an upside-down society
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Trudy > "We're Going To Move Forward" Says Trudeau On Islamophobia Summit Demands

According to conservative journalist and social critic Ezra Levant, the demands contain "more police and political tools than Pakistan to hunt down anything judged to be critical of Islam."

islamists 1 .. Society 0  ... No ... Society -1

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416786 time=1627392915 user_id=88
One chalk writing on a musque = bring in huge CSIS forces and result in hate crime (I may get to see CSIS for that one)

Burning down a church = maybe a wrist slap, and that's only if local police  bother to investigate as CSIS doesn't want to hear about it

Jeez we are an upside-down society

It's such a double standard.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416789 time=1627394627 user_id=88
Trudy > "We're Going To Move Forward" Says Trudeau On Islamophobia Summit Demands

According to conservative journalist and social critic Ezra Levant, the demands contain "more police and political tools than Pakistan to hunt down anything judged to be critical of Islam."

That's good. I was worried True Dope wouldn't impose blasphemy laws.

cc

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=416805 time=1627410393 user_id=56
Quote from: cc post_id=416789 time=1627394627 user_id=88

That's good. I was worried True Dope wouldn't impose blasphemy laws.
:wink:

Anonymous

A number of Ukrainian Catholic Churches are among the now over 50 churches that have been vandalized, burned and desecrated in Canada this summer.

The Ukrainian Catholic Church was never part of the residential school system. This violence is wrong in any case, but it also shows the profound historical ignorance of those who use or justify violence.

I am Ukrainian Orthodox, not Ukrainian Catholic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=417534 time=1628306377 user_id=1689
A number of Ukrainian Catholic Churches are among the now over 50 churches that have been vandalized, burned and desecrated in Canada this summer.

The Ukrainian Catholic Church was never part of the residential school system. This violence is wrong in any case, but it also shows the profound historical ignorance of those who use or justify violence.

What are some people thinking.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=417536 time=1628306673 user_id=3254
Quote from: Herman post_id=417534 time=1628306377 user_id=1689

What are some people thinking.

They are being egged on by big government, big tech, big media, and a woke academia.