Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Which news network is the worst.

Started by Bricktop, October 20, 2021, 07:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

I get that impression. Has Canada had a true conservative in recent times?

Frood

Maybe Ezra Levant and his network.... but Ezra to the best of my recollections hasn't pitched his political office hat in the ring....
Blahhhhhh...

Odinson

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=424796 time=1635045280 user_id=1560
What is the news media like in Finland??

The state media has a lot of leftist elements... And we are forced to pay for that through "media tax".

Some of the reporters there dont let right-wing politicians speak uninterrupted in the election talk-shows.

But it aint as bad as in America where they choose not to publish some news and edit others to distort them.

Our medias still report the news as they happened... No matter the politics.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=424815 time=1635082191 user_id=136
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=424796 time=1635045280 user_id=1560
What is the news media like in Finland??

The state media has a lot of leftist elements... And we are forced to pay for that through "media tax".

Some of the reporters there dont let right-wing politicians speak uninterrupted in the election talk-shows.

But it aint as bad as in America where they choose not to publish some news and edit others to distort them.

Our medias still report the news as they happened... No matter the politics.

Your state broadcaster sounds a bit like our CBC. Probably not as expensive to taxpayers and probably not as blatant in their bias against conservatives.

Bricktop

Ditto our ABC. A leftist advocacy group funded by the taxpayer.

It needs to be shut down or sold off.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=424942 time=1635121916 user_id=1560

It won't and neither will the CBC.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=424947 time=1635122701 user_id=56
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=424942 time=1635121916 user_id=1560

It won't and neither will the CBC.

Harper should have sold it when he had a majority.

Bricktop

An interesting point. Why is it that Conservative governments, who are fully aware that national broadcasters generally act against their interest, fear shutting down or selling off  these politically corrupt organisations??

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=425009 time=1635198314 user_id=1560
An interesting point. Why is it that Conservative governments, who are fully aware that national broadcasters generally act against their interest, fear shutting down or selling off  these politically corrupt organisations??

A powerful backlash.

Bricktop

But the question is HOW powerful and by whom?

I'll wager that your CBC is regulated just as our ABC, and is thus demanded by law to be apolitical and neutral.

Yet conservative governments ignore the fact that these advocacies are in breach of the law!!!

cc

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=425015 time=1635201625 user_id=1560

I'll wager that your CBC is regulated just as our ABC, and is thus demanded by law to be apolitical and neutral.

Yet conservative governments ignore the fact that these advocacies are !!!

They ARE acting in breach of the law .. always have

I believe it was our Harper who came very close to totally privatizing our dear CBC ... as in no subsidies .. not sure what stopped or changed it it. Maybe others remember the details

Today they and other allied news outlets live off the govt teat far more than before .. which in effect means the gov't owns them
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=425025 time=1635224448 user_id=88
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=425015 time=1635201625 user_id=1560

Yet conservative governments ignore the fact that these advocacies are !!!

They ARE acting in breach of the law .. always have

I believe it was our Harper who came very close to totally privatizing our dear CBC ... as in no subsidies .. not sure what stopped or changed it it. Maybe others remember the details

Today they and other allied news outlets live off the govt teat far more than before .. which in effect means the gov't owns them

During the 2004 and 2006 elections, privatization was part of the CPC's platform. Minority government election voctories and the CBC itself using it's own platform to denounce the "threat" took that off of Harper's legislative agenda.

Bricktop

It's clear that these "government" owned media organisations weild far greater power than is warranted.

But the same can be said for all media, I suppose. Human stupidity is good for profit.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=425060 time=1635283892 user_id=1560
It's clear that these "government" owned media organisations weild far greater power than is warranted.

But the same can be said for all media, I suppose. Human stupidity is good for profit.

All media on this continent is biased to some degree. I know that and accept it. However, I will not accept being forced to pay for propaganda.

Bricktop

Who pays for your CCP propaganda media then???