Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

A

The events of January 6, 2021

Started by Anonymous, November 09, 2021, 10:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Quote from: Herman post_id=433620 time=1641513063 user_id=1689
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=433617 time=1641512259 user_id=1560
They could have burned the place to the ground for all I care.

In fact, I rather hope they do. Perhaps then, Americans will wake up to the mess they've created and move to change their country's downward trajectory.

I don't share you and Shen Li's dislike of all things United States. I lived in Western Pennsylvania for a while when hydraulic facking was getting off the ground. I had some really good times and made some great friends.

I completely understand. My chagrin and contempt is not targeted towards Americans as individuals. They are good people.

But they have a problem as a collective. Serious problems that overflow into their fellow anglo saxon nations such as ours.

And they are utterly self obsessed to the point that they see no other nation but their own.

It also seems they have little control over their politicians.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=433663 time=1641525222 user_id=1560
Quote from: Herman post_id=433620 time=1641513063 user_id=1689
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=433617 time=1641512259 user_id=1560
They could have burned the place to the ground for all I care.

In fact, I rather hope they do. Perhaps then, Americans will wake up to the mess they've created and move to change their country's downward trajectory.

I don't share you and Shen Li's dislike of all things United States. I lived in Western Pennsylvania for a while when hydraulic facking was getting off the ground. I had some really good times and made some great friends.

I completely understand. My chagrin and contempt is not targeted towards Americans as individuals. They are good people.

But they have a problem as a collective. Serious problems that overflow into their fellow anglo saxon nations such as ours.

And they are utterly self obsessed to the point that they see no other nation but their own.

It also seems they have little control over their politicians.

I don't know a lot about Australia, but it appears your politicians have a lot of control over you.

Bricktop

Why should we be any different when we're governed by the same system.

Nonetheless, our political climate is considerably different to that of the US. Ours is, like yours, a Westminster system, for all its faults and virtues.

Importantly, the head of our government can be removed by a vote of his party, and this has occurred frequently over the last 20 years or so, to the point that our Ministers are somewhat more sensitive to public outcry and outrage.

The incident over the tennis player who's visa has been cancelled is a case in point. He has, apparently, not been vaccinated.

He is therefore barred from entry by our current state of emergency. Nonetheless, the Australian tennis administration sought an exemption for him because he is a big money drawcard, and the Victorian government provided it. The rest of Australia arced up rather emphatically, as this was a clear case of one rule for them, one for us.

Fearful of public sentiment and the capricious nature of the voters, the PM read the runes and knew he had to act, and cancelled the visa.

Remember, voting in Australia is compulsory. As a result, pissing a lot of people off will bite you in the ass come election time.

Frood

The tennis player apparently already had covid... that was the basis for his visa waiver.... natural immunity.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=433670 time=1641526367 user_id=1560

Nonetheless, our political climate is considerably different to that of the US. Ours is, like yours, a Westminster system, for all its faults and virtues.

Importantly, the head of our government can be removed by a vote of his party, and this has occurred frequently over the last 20 years or so, to the point that our Ministers are somewhat more sensitive to public outcry and outrage.

The incident over the tennis player who's visa has been cancelled is a case in point. He has, apparently, not been vaccinated.

He is therefore barred from entry by our current state of emergency. Nonetheless, the Australian tennis administration sought an exemption for him because he is a big money drawcard, and the Victorian government provided it. The rest of Australia arced up rather emphatically, as this was a clear case of one rule for them, one for us.

Fearful of public sentiment and the capricious nature of the voters, the PM read the runes and knew he had to act, and cancelled the visa.

Remember, voting in Australia is compulsory. As a result, pissing a lot of people off will bite you in the ass come election time.

I do not like the Westminster model. I don't like our first past the post model either. It gives the prime minister and provincial premiers dictatorial powers that the American and French POTUS don't enjoy.

Bricktop

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=433673 time=1641526782 user_id=2015

I do not like the Westminster model. I don't like our first past the post model either. It gives the prime minister and provincial premiers dictatorial powers that the American and French POTUS don't enjoy.

Nor I, although we don't have first past the post.

But the alternative has its own flaws, because a person can win a seat with fewer votes than the second place getter.

The entire concept of Westminster government is well past its use by date.

We can do better.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=433676 time=1641527256 user_id=1560
Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=433673 time=1641526782 user_id=2015

Nor I, although we don't have first past the post.

But the alternative has its own flaws, because a person can win a seat with fewer votes than the second place getter.

The entire concept of Westminster government is well past its use by date.

We can do better.

Justin Trudeau has won the past two elections while losing the popular vote to the Conservative Party.

Odinson

There is probably something more important and negative happening in the background.

They bring this bullshit "coup" up to cover it.

Anonymous

January 6 is the day of the insurrection without guns. The whole thing is pure horseshit for weak American minds.

Anonymous

The msm and the Dems spin on the events of January 6 are pure. The Veep had the nerve to compare that day to 9/11 and Peral Harbour. Funny, she didn't compare it to the attacks on federal buildings in Portland and Seattle.

Jan. 6 Narrative Depends on Who Tells the Story

Protesters. Insurrectionists. White supremacists?

The thousands of Americans who went to the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, and their intentions on that day, have been described in many ways.

Were they there to: Have their voices heard. Register concern over election accuracy. Overthrow the government?

The narrative of that day depends on who is telling the story.

The loudest narrative, the one that demonizes attendees, comes from the federal government, politicians, and many media outlets.

The people who can best tell the other side of the story are still suffering the consequences from that day. Four people, all Donald Trump supporters, died. Some attendees are still in prison, some have been getting visits from the FBI, others have had their reputations smeared for attending.

Rick Saccone and his wife rode a bus filled with Pennsylvanians to Washington in support of Trump. He says it was mostly senior citizens peacefully demonstrating.

"People were dancing, singing, and one man dressed like Uncle Sam was walking on stilts in the crowd," Saccone told The Epoch Times. They had no knowledge of violence until they got back on the bus toward home.

Saccone of Allegany County is a former Pennsylvania state legislator, retired Air Force officer, and current candidate for Pennsylvania lieutenant governor. His attendance in Washington on Jan. 6 is low-hanging fruit for media outlets wishing to impose an unflattering lens on his campaign, but he is not bothered by their efforts.

"You have the media twisting this story. It is a deflection of what happened in Portland and Seattle. That is the definition of an insurrection, and nothing has happened with that," he said of rioters who attacked federal buildings in those cities and tried to set them on fire.

Since Jan. 6, there have been investigations, calls for the public to turn in attendees, home visits from the FBI, arrests, and long prison stays.

"It has a chilling effect on the First Amendment, and we can't have that in this country," Saccone said. "We have the right to challenge our political leaders. All those First Amendment rights are being challenged by a small minority of left-wing media that are monopolizing the narrative, which is why we have to speak out and correct the narrative."

Saccone says too many people, including elected Republicans, are cowering in fear.

"We're going to tell the truth about Jan. 6 and flip the narrative. Our founders didn't cower in fear; they stood up for their rights," Saccone said. "The truth is, a half million people exercised their First Amendment rights."

The ones who got violent, he says, were not true Trump supporters.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morningbrief/jan-6-narrative-depends-on-who-tells-the-story_4192898.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2022-01-08&mktids=1f026a96239978f8ff458bd1da66f63d&est=IBbWEyyobTvakuw3sxzdExP%2FeX7P6J55r%2FIisOcGZcyZQqmHPPEyU2MBbEOA5IiOlg%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morni ... iOlg%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morningbrief/jan-6-narrative-depends-on-who-tells-the-story_4192898.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2022-01-08&mktids=1f026a96239978f8ff458bd1da66f63d&est=IBbWEyyobTvakuw3sxzdExP%2FeX7P6J55r%2FIisOcGZcyZQqmHPPEyU2MBbEOA5IiOlg%3D%3D

Bricktop

Once again, the media demonstrates that it is the true enemy of the people.

Anonymous

The democRATs and the US media didn't call this an insurrection.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1479245177248174081">https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/14 ... 7248174081">https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1479245177248174081

Anonymous

And this wasn't an insurrection either. And old Hillary was not accused of leading it though she said the election was stolen from her.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1479202821278949379">https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/14 ... 1278949379">https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1479202821278949379

Anonymous

The real insurrectionists are those cowardly Antifa faggots.

Florida man with Antifa gear caught with active pipe bomb at Jan. 6 rally, police find more explosive devices at home

https://www.theblaze.com/news/florida-man-antifa-jan6-rally?utm_source=theblaze-dailyPM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__PM%202022-01-09&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Daily%20PM">https://www.theblaze.com/news/florida-m ... Daily%20PM">https://www.theblaze.com/news/florida-man-antifa-jan6-rally?utm_source=theblaze-dailyPM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__PM%202022-01-09&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Daily%20PM

A Florida man with an active pipe bomb was caught by police near a Tampa Bay-area rally in support of a participant of the Jan. 6 riots at the U.S. Capitol building. Garrett James Smith, 22, was wearing identity-concealing black bloc clothing and gear that is commonly associated with Antifa members.

There was a crowd of approximately 85 protesters gathered at the Pinellas County Justice Center in Clearwater on Thursday night. The rally was to show support of Jeremy Brown — a former U.S. Army special forces soldier, member of the right-wing Oath Keepers group, and one-time congressional candidate — who was arrested on Sept. 30 for "knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority" during the Capitol riot. Brown is currently being held at the Pinellas County Jail without bond on federal charges.

Authorities searched Smith's residence in Oldsmar, Florida, where he lives with his parents. The search found more explosive devices, as well as tape and nails for use in grenades.

"Bomb squad investigators from the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office and the Tampa Police responded to the home and determined the devices were homemade IEDs," The Post Millennial reported.

The Post Millennial noted, "The arrest affidavit lists 'ANTIFA' and anti-government violent extremism as aggravating factors in his arrest."

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=434070 time=1641772496 user_id=1689
And this wasn't an insurrection either. And old Hillary was not accused of leading it though she said the election was stolen from her.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1479202821278949379">https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/14 ... 1278949379">https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1479202821278949379

Only progtards are allowed to allege voter fraud.