Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:14:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

Chinese tennis player goes missing after sexual assault claim

Started by Anonymous, November 18, 2021, 04:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Concerns mount over China tennis star's safety after raising sexual assault allegation

Peng Shuai hasn't appeared in public since posting allegations

The Associated Press · Posted: Nov 18, 2021 10:19 AM ET | Last Updated: 2 hours ago

A Chinese professional tennis player not seen in public since she accused a former top government official of sexual assault purportedly sent an email claiming she was safe and that the allegation was false, a message that only amplified concerns about her safety and demands for information about her well-being and whereabouts.

So far, those calls have been met by silence.

Chinese officials have said nothing publicly since the accusation about two weeks ago by Grand Slam doubles champion Peng Shuai that she was sexually assaulted. The first #MeToo case to reach the political realm in China has not been reported by the domestic media and online discussion of it has been highly censored.

Steve Simon, the chairman and CEO of the Women's Tennis Association, questioned the authenticity of what Chinese state media said was an email intended for him in which Peng says she is safe and that the assault allegation is untrue. It was posted Thursday by CGTN, the international arm of Chinese state broadcaster CCTV.

"I have a hard time believing that Peng Shuai actually wrote the email we received or believes what is being attributed to her," Simon wrote.

The statement, he added, "only raises my concerns as to her safety and whereabouts."

Anonymous

Quote from: "Cha Du Ri" post_id=427550 time=1637272121
Concerns mount over China tennis star's safety after raising sexual assault allegation

Peng Shuai hasn't appeared in public since posting allegations

The Associated Press · Posted: Nov 18, 2021 10:19 AM ET | Last Updated: 2 hours ago

A Chinese professional tennis player not seen in public since she accused a former top government official of sexual assault purportedly sent an email claiming she was safe and that the allegation was false, a message that only amplified concerns about her safety and demands for information about her well-being and whereabouts.

So far, those calls have been met by silence.

Chinese officials have said nothing publicly since the accusation about two weeks ago by Grand Slam doubles champion Peng Shuai that she was sexually assaulted. The first #MeToo case to reach the political realm in China has not been reported by the domestic media and online discussion of it has been highly censored.

Steve Simon, the chairman and CEO of the Women's Tennis Association, questioned the authenticity of what Chinese state media said was an email intended for him in which Peng says she is safe and that the assault allegation is untrue. It was posted Thursday by CGTN, the international arm of Chinese state broadcaster CCTV.

"I have a hard time believing that Peng Shuai actually wrote the email we received or believes what is being attributed to her," Simon wrote.

The statement, he added, "only raises my concerns as to her safety and whereabouts."

ac_dunno

Odinson

She has re-emerged and is now denying everything... Denying that she even made such claims.

:laugh3:

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=431675 time=1640121996 user_id=136
She has re-emerged and is now denying everything... Denying that she even made such claims.

:laugh3:

I read that, what a strange story.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=431693 time=1640130409 user_id=88
The fact that she is now denying it is not strange in XIville

I gave up on this story.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview