The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Rittenhouse "NOT GUILTY" on ALL 5 Counts

Started by cc, November 19, 2021, 05:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Maria Shriver was completely befuddled that Rittenhouse was found to be innocent on all charges.

However, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) quickly brought Shriver up to speed on all of the reasons why Rittenhouse was completely exonerated of any wrongdoing.

"The idea that someone could be out with a semi-automatic weapon, kill people, and walk is stunning," said the NBC News "special anchor." "I look forward to hearing from the jury. This is a moment for them to explain how they came to their decision."

Online commentators were happy to explain the Rittenhouse trial and verdict to Shriver.

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas): "Pretty stunning that she's an @nbc anchor. She 'doesn't have an answer.' Try this: (1) He WAS charged with six counts. That thing that just finished was his trial. (2) A jury of his peers found him not guilty. (3) Why? The defense argued he was engaged in self-defense. (4) What facts support self defense? - the three people shot all chased him, assaulted him and/or tried to grab his gun - ALL THREE were convicted felons (on served 15 years for child molesting) - the defense argued Rittenhouse feared for his life (5) You might personally disagree, but the jury heard evidence & presumably concluded he was acting to defend himself from what he reasonably perceived to be an imminent threat to his life. (6) Also, ALL THREE of the people shot were White (contrary to false media reports). (7) Generally 'white supremacists' don't shoot White people. (8) Numerous Dem politicians & corporate media outlets (including your employer and especially @msnbc) recklessly alleged he was a white supremacist. (9) NO evidence was adduced at trial to support that claim. (10) A whole bunch of those corrupt media outlets are now retaining defamation lawyers, because they're ALL about to get sued—and the liability could well be massive. @mariashriver hope that helps!"

Author Jim Hanson: "It's simple Maria He didn't commit any crimes Get better sources for information It was very straightforward."

Radio host Jason Rantz: "Easy answer in this imaginary conversation: Kyle Rittenhouse didn't break the law; his attackers did. Self-defense is still legal, thankfully. And for Maria's sake: dumb tweets are also legal."

Then there were numerous social media commenters who asked why Shriver was not more curious about the deadly 1969 Chappaquiddick incident involving her uncle, former Democratic Sen. Ted Kennedy.

Former Trump communication director Tim Murtaugh: "Yes, Ted Kennedy's niece really tweeted this."

Author Tony Shaffer: "I'm trying to take a beat to comprehend how a full grown man could drive off a bridge, leave a woman not his wife in the car, tell no one and let her drown...how is that possible? Why don't we have an answer?"

cc

Quote from: Herman post_id=427885 time=1637548675 user_id=1689
Then there were numerous social media commenters who asked why Shriver was not more curious about the deadly 1969 Chappaquiddick incident involving her uncle, former Democratic Sen. Ted Kennedy.

Former Trump communication director Tim Murtaugh: "Yes, Ted Kennedy's niece really tweeted this."

Author Tony Shaffer: "I'm trying to take a beat to comprehend how a full grown man could drive off a bridge, leave a woman not his wife in the car, tell no one and let her drown...how is that possible? Why don't we have an answer?"

That one still haunts and angers me. It is unarguable that he let her drown, did not call for help or even report it .. then ran to talk to his lawyer .. appearing to report it hours later with his lawyer at his side

AND, got away with it ...AND Dems even kept electing him
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Odinson

Quote from: cc post_id=427898 time=1637551000 user_id=88

That one still haunts and angers me. It is unarguable that he let her drown, did not call for help or even report it .. then ran to talk to his lawyer .. appearing to report it hours later with his lawyer at his side

AND, got away with it ...AND Dems even kept electing him

Perhaps he was drunk and wanted to sober up first.

If he was drunk while driving, that could bring some serious charges.

He didnt want to get caught intoxicated on the scene.

cc

Whatever. Kennedy let her drown to save his ass .. that much is not guesswork

Anonymous

Maria Shriver was completely befuddled that Rittenhouse was found to be innocent on all charges.

However, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) quickly brought Shriver up to speed on all of the reasons why Rittenhouse was completely exonerated of any wrongdoing.

"The idea that someone could be out with a semi-automatic weapon, kill people, and walk is stunning," said the NBC News "special anchor." "I look forward to hearing from the jury. This is a moment for them to explain how they came to their decision."

Online commentators were happy to explain the Rittenhouse trial and verdict to Shriver.

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas): "Pretty stunning that she's an @nbc anchor. She 'doesn't have an answer.' Try this: (1) He WAS charged with six counts. That thing that just finished was his trial. (2) A jury of his peers found him not guilty. (3) Why? The defense argued he was engaged in self-defense. (4) What facts support self defense? - the three people shot all chased him, assaulted him and/or tried to grab his gun - ALL THREE were convicted felons (on served 15 years for child molesting) - the defense argued Rittenhouse feared for his life (5) You might personally disagree, but the jury heard evidence & presumably concluded he was acting to defend himself from what he reasonably perceived to be an imminent threat to his life. (6) Also, ALL THREE of the people shot were White (contrary to false media reports). (7) Generally 'white supremacists' don't shoot White people. (8) Numerous Dem politicians & corporate media outlets (including your employer and especially @msnbc) recklessly alleged he was a white supremacist. (9) NO evidence was adduced at trial to support that claim. (10) A whole bunch of those corrupt media outlets are now retaining defamation lawyers, because they're ALL about to get sued—and the liability could well be massive. @mariashriver hope that helps!"

Author Jim Hanson: "It's simple Maria He didn't commit any crimes Get better sources for information It was very straightforward."

Radio host Jason Rantz: "Easy answer in this imaginary conversation: Kyle Rittenhouse didn't break the law; his attackers did. Self-defense is still legal, thankfully. And for Maria's sake: dumb tweets are also legal."

I assume Maria Shriver didn't like that comparison.

Odinson

This is what a black self-defense case looks like.

He defended himself against a swat team.

And got acquitted.

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-indian-river-county/andrew-coffee-iv-found-not-guilty-on-5-counts-in-indian-river-county-swat-raid">https://www.wptv.com/news/region-indian ... -swat-raid">https://www.wptv.com/news/region-indian-river-county/andrew-coffee-iv-found-not-guilty-on-5-counts-in-indian-river-county-swat-raid

INDIAN RIVER COUNTY, Fla. — An Indian River County man on trial in connection with a deadly 2017 SWAT raid in Gifford was found not guilty of five of the six charges Friday.

Andrew Coffee IV was charged with second-degree murder of his 21-year-old girlfriend and three counts of attempted murder of law enforcement after the raid led to an exchange of gunfire.

He was also acquitted of shooting or throwing a deadly missile.

The sheriff's office claimed Coffee IV fired shots first at deputies during an early-morning search warrant for narcotics at his Gifford home four years ago.

According to an arrest affidavit, SWAT team members returned fire into the bedroom. However, Coffee IV claimed deputies fired first.

Fearing for his life, Coffee IV told investigators that he fired two or three rounds. The sheriff's office maintained it announced its presence.

Coffee IV told investigators that he didn't know it was deputies because they did not announce who they were.

His girlfriend, Alteria Woods, who was also at the home, was shot 10 times and died during the gunfire.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=427939 time=1637617745 user_id=136
This is what a black self-defense case looks like.

He defended himself against a swat team.

And got acquitted.

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-indian-river-county/andrew-coffee-iv-found-not-guilty-on-5-counts-in-indian-river-county-swat-raid">https://www.wptv.com/news/region-indian ... -swat-raid">https://www.wptv.com/news/region-indian-river-county/andrew-coffee-iv-found-not-guilty-on-5-counts-in-indian-river-county-swat-raid

INDIAN RIVER COUNTY, Fla. — An Indian River County man on trial in connection with a deadly 2017 SWAT raid in Gifford was found not guilty of five of the six charges Friday.

Andrew Coffee IV was charged with second-degree murder of his 21-year-old girlfriend and three counts of attempted murder of law enforcement after the raid led to an exchange of gunfire.

He was also acquitted of shooting or throwing a deadly missile.

The sheriff's office claimed Coffee IV fired shots first at deputies during an early-morning search warrant for narcotics at his Gifford home four years ago.

According to an arrest affidavit, SWAT team members returned fire into the bedroom. However, Coffee IV claimed deputies fired first.

Fearing for his life, Coffee IV told investigators that he fired two or three rounds. The sheriff's office maintained it announced its presence.

Coffee IV told investigators that he didn't know it was deputies because they did not announce who they were.

His girlfriend, Alteria Woods, who was also at the home, was shot 10 times and died during the gunfire.

ac_umm

Anonymous

Kyle Rittenhouse said in an interview set to air on Fox News on Monday that he supports the Black Lives Matter movement — and insists that he's no racist, despite media outlets and activists claiming otherwise.

"I support the [Black Lives Matter] movement, I support peacefully demonstrating," Rittenhouse said during the interview, which will air Monday night. "

Rittenhouse explained that he was physically ill over what took place on the streets of Kenosha in 2020.

"I told everybody there, 'I had to do it. I was just attacked.' I was dizzy, I was vomiting, I couldn't breathe," he recalled. "This case has nothing to do with race. It never had anything to do with race. It had to do with the right to self-defense."

Anonymous

At first I thought he should be convicted of murder and illegally transporting a firearm. I believed the media. That was a mistake.

cc

Quote from: Velvet post_id=427991 time=1637705435 user_id=2021
At first I thought he should be convicted of murder and illegally transporting a firearm. I believed the media. That was a mistake.

Yes, those and other miss-truths were pushed by media

The gun was in Kenosha all along where he worked and stayed with family when working  .. although transporting it over state lines is not illegal as said by networks = moot

Claims of shortened barrel, illegal, were made up - it was full length as anyone could see in videos and pics

He did absolutely nothing illegal as the jury, presented with actual facts  quickly noticed

It is disheartening to see media push outright & deliberate lies  .. . but that's what a large element of it does today

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=427995 time=1637709325 user_id=88
Quote from: Velvet post_id=427991 time=1637705435 user_id=2021

Yes, those and other miss-truths were pushed by media

The gun was in Kenosha all along where he worked and stayed with family when working  .. although transporting it over state lines is not illegal as said by networks = moot

Claims of shortened barrel, illegal, were made up - it was full length as anyone could see in videos and pics

He did absolutely nothing illegal as the jury, presented with actual facts  quickly noticed

It is disheartening to see media push outright & deliberate lies  .. . but that's what a large element of it does today

The American media is worse than the British papparazi.

Bricktop

It is far, far worse than its British counterparts.

Most British newspapers are gossip rags. They may have leanings, but they are mostly moderate and avoid maing boldly false statements. I believe the media watchdog in the UK has sharp teeth since Murdoch's News Of The World catastrophe.

They may embellish, or focus on news that fits their narrative, but there's very little actual, wilful and deliberate lying.

That is very much an American phenomenon.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=428011 time=1637720620 user_id=1560
It is far, far worse than its British counterparts.

Most British newspapers are gossip rags. They may have leanings, but they are mostly moderate and avoid maing boldly false statements. I believe the media watchdog in the UK has sharp teeth since Murdoch's News Of The World catastrophe.

They may embellish, or focus on news that fits their narrative, but there's very little actual, wilful and deliberate lying.

That is very much an American phenomenon.

The Guardian is as proggy as CNN.

Bricktop

Very much so. But it still treads carefully with facts.

Odinson

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=427963 time=1637685821 user_id=114
Kyle Rittenhouse said in an interview set to air on Fox News on Monday that he supports the Black Lives Matter movement — and insists that he's no racist, despite media outlets and activists claiming otherwise.

"I support the [Black Lives Matter] movement, I support peacefully demonstrating," Rittenhouse said during the interview, which will air Monday night. "

Rittenhouse explained that he was physically ill over what took place on the streets of Kenosha in 2020.

"I told everybody there, 'I had to do it. I was just attacked.' I was dizzy, I was vomiting, I couldn't breathe," he recalled. "This case has nothing to do with race. It never had anything to do with race. It had to do with the right to self-defense."

Oh shit, he buckled.

But thats okay... Maybe it'll take some of the heat off him. ac_biggrin