The best topic

Replies: 10553
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:28:38 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by deport_liberals

More mayhem from the Madlands

Started by Bricktop, December 01, 2021, 05:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=453948 time=1653789475 user_id=1560
I tried listening to one of his tunes once.

I lasted about a minute.

I tried listening to one of his speeches once.

I lasted about 30 seconds.

These idiots talk about being deprived of freedoms as if it is a breach of their human rights. Living in a modern world means subordinating your freedoms as a matter of necessity. You are not free to earn every cent you make. You are not free to walk naked through a shopping mall. You are not free to drive 200 km/h in a 60 km/h speed zone. Living in an ordered society MEANS reducing your freedom to behave any way you wish for the greater good of all. Whilst some laws and regulations can be argued to be counter to the greater good, surely taking lethal weapons out of the hands of citizens who show a constant and frequently fatal lack of good judgment is no longer debatable.

It is essential.

It wouldn't bother me as long as hunters can still hunt..

My husband doesn't hunt or even have a restricted PAL, but we know people that do..

Some of them have given us venison, elk, and moose..

It would be hypocritical for us to want to ban hunting when we benefit from others who hunt.

Bricktop

I am opposed to hunting as I am to guns but for different reasons.

I accept that there are justifications for firearm ownership. I cannot and would not beat the gong for ALL firearms to be eliminated.

That would be silly.

But the paltry and easily evaded restrictions on gun possession in America is a blight on their country.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=453973 time=1653794897 user_id=1560
I am opposed to hunting as I am to guns but for different reasons.

I accept that there are justifications for firearm ownership. I cannot and would not beat the gong for ALL firearms to be eliminated.

That would be silly.

But the paltry and easily evaded restrictions on gun possession in America is a blight on their country.

Have you ever tried wild game? I am guessing you haven't and for the same reason I haven't. You are a city boy.

Anonymous

New laws will be passed after the shooting at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said on May 27.

"Do we expect any laws to come out of this devastating crime? The answer is yes. Absolutely yes," said Abbott, a Republican. We don't know what the new laws will look like.

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=453994 time=1653825284 user_id=114
New laws will be passed after the shooting at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said on May 27.

"Do we expect any laws to come out of this devastating crime? The answer is yes. Absolutely yes," said Abbott, a Republican. We don't know what the new laws will look like.

They will not be lefty knee jerk auto-gun grab laws. They will be laws to harden schools and also harden who can buy and own a gun, lengthy evaluations etc. .. assessment of mental health etc etc  ... and what guns one can buy
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=454050 time=1653843253 user_id=88
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=453994 time=1653825284 user_id=114

They will not be lefty knee jerk auto-gun grab laws.

I never expected that.

Bricktop

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=453993 time=1653825156 user_id=114

Have you ever tried wild game? I am guessing you haven't and for the same reason I haven't. You are a city boy.

No.

But that is a subject for a different discussion.

I'm pretty sure putting food on the table is really not relevant to possessing a .357 magnum or Gloch 9mm.

Frood

If you're not prepared to kill it, you shouldn't be eating meat or animal products at all.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=454131 time=1653865514 user_id=1560

No.

I'm pretty sure putting food on the table is really not relevant to possessing a .357 magnum or Gloch 9mm.

Okay. Does that mean you aint got a problem with 223's, 270's, 30-06's and 12 and 20 gauge shotguns?

Thiel

I share Bricktop's hatred of guns. I wish they didn't exist. I wish lethal violence didn't exist. But, I have a problem with taking away legal firearms.

There I said it. I don't have much else to say on the matter of guns. Change it to freedom and I will never shut me up.
gay, conservative and proud

Bricktop

Quote from: Herman post_id=454164 time=1653873010 user_id=1689
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=454131 time=1653865514 user_id=1560

No.

Okay. Does that mean you aint got a problem with 223's, 270's, 30-06's and 12 and 20 gauge shotguns?

My point was specific to concealable firearms. As to the others, if you have a need, as YOU do, then whatever works. Would you take a 12 gauge onto an oil rig?

Bricktop

Quote from: Thiel post_id=454187 time=1653875587 user_id=1688
I share Bricktop's hatred of guns. I wish they didn't exist. I wish lethal violence didn't exist. But, I have a problem with taking away legal firearms.

There I said it. I don't have much else to say on the matter of guns. Change it to freedom and you will never shut me up.

As I've repeated many times, there is no such thing as a legal firearm. Or on illegal firearm, other than those totally banned by law.

The legality of a firearm, with the exception of the banned types, is contingent upon the person in possession of that firearm.

EVERY firearm in the US must have started its journey in the hands of a person who had a legal right to possess and carry, other than the very few stolen before being sold by a licenced dealer.

So where did the villains get their firearms from???

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=454229 time=1653881818 user_id=1560

There I said it. I don't have much else to say on the matter of guns. Change it to freedom and you will never shut me up.

As I've repeated many times, there is no such thing as a legal firearm. Or on illegal firearm, other than those totally banned by law.

The legality of a firearm, with the exception of the banned types, is contingent upon the person in possession of that firearm.

EVERY firearm in the US must have started its journey in the hands of a person who had a legal right to possess and carry, other than the very few stolen before being sold by a licenced dealer.

Okay, I must have missed this in the past...

We can make an army weapon illegal for civilian use(if they aren't already), but they will find their way into a few hands that shouldn't have them,

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=454229 time=1653881818 user_id=1560

There I said it. I don't have much else to say on the matter of guns. Change it to freedom and I will never shut me up.

Thiel is talking about making current legal firearms illegal. I know that will not work the way it is intended to. Law abiding citizens sell theirs back, criminals keep theirs, legal or not.