Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 06:52:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

More mayhem from the Madlands

Started by Bricktop, December 01, 2021, 05:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: Rancidmilko post_id=456230 time=1654302680 user_id=2853
My Australian friend, here in my country, weapons are hard to come by.

And yet, even with 30% less people than the US, we kill twice as much

Not uncommon to see people dying in robberies from weapons made with simple tools like drills and materials like steel cylinders

Or rusty old weapons from 120 years ago, but all you need is one shot

My guess is that mass shootings will diminish if the US gets disarmed like we we got

But you'll see a huge increase in crimes. Criminals will be more brazen and they'll shoot for nothing, like it happens here all the time

The other day some wacko set fire on a bunch of children in a daycare

But I have to say, these events are rare. Mass shootings here happen, but they're usually gang related. But ask me if I feel safer because of that fact.

Banning weapons while talking about disbanding the police departments, going completely lax on criminals, liberal judges and prosecutors.

Please don't tell me you can see any good in that recipe.

I knew that. I have been to Brazil.

What do you think of this Bricktop?

Rancidmilko

Quote from: Herman post_id=456302 time=1654307954 user_id=1689

Not uncommon to see people dying in robberies from weapons made with simple tools like drills and materials like steel cylinders

My guess is that mass shootings will diminish if the US gets disarmed like we we got

But you'll see a huge increase in crimes. Criminals will be more brazen and they'll shoot for nothing, like it happens here all the time

But I have to say, these events are rare. Mass shootings here happen, but they're usually gang related. But ask me if I feel safer because of that fact.

Banning weapons while talking about disbanding the police departments, going completely lax on criminals, liberal judges and prosecutors.

To be honest I thought he was Breakfall until today

I'm sorry mang, I don't pay that much attention
There\'s always a bigger fish.

Anonymous

Quote from: Rancidmilko post_id=456324 time=1654309235 user_id=2853

To be honest I thought he was Breakfall until today

I'm sorry mang, I don't pay that much attention

Bonkerfist aint Bricktop. I am asking Bricktop who has strong opinions aboit gun control.

Gaon

How many of shootings have there been in the last two weeks in America.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

Well, first and foremost I am unfamiliar with Brazil's firearms control laws. Anecdotally, I believe there is much corruption and social discord in the cities...which may explain this...

"It is estimated that there are around 17 million firearms in Brazil,[7] 9 million of which are unregistered.[1] Some 39,000 people died in 2003 from gun-related injuries nationwide.[7] In 2004, the number was 36,000.[1] Brazil has the second largest arms industry in the Western Hemisphere.[8] Approximately 80% of the weapons manufactured in Brazil are exported, mostly to neighboring countries; many of these weapons are then smuggled back into Brazil.[8] Some firearms in Brazil come from police and military arsenals, having either been "stolen or sold by corrupt soldiers and officers."[8]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_control_in_Brazil">//https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_control_in_Brazil

There is nothing in the brief summary above that does not corroborate the view that the more guns available in a nation, the more likely people will be killed by gunfire.

There seems to be another commonality with the US, in that there are socio-economic, cultural and racial divisions that lead to increased violence and conflict. Drugs and drug commerce are probably another factor.

From my perspective, Brazil simply adds evidence to my argument.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=456396 time=1654319908 user_id=1560

Well, first and foremost I am unfamiliar with Brazil's firearms control laws. Anecdotally, I believe there is much corruption and social discord in the cities...which may explain this...

"It is estimated that there are around 17 million firearms in Brazil,[7] 9 million of which are unregistered.[1] Some 39,000 people died in 2003 from gun-related injuries nationwide.[7] In 2004, the number was 36,000.[1] Brazil has the second largest arms industry in the Western Hemisphere.[8] Approximately 80% of the weapons manufactured in Brazil are exported, mostly to neighboring countries; many of these weapons are then smuggled back into Brazil.[8] Some firearms in Brazil come from police and military arsenals, having either been "stolen or sold by corrupt soldiers and officers."[8]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_control_in_Brazil">//https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_control_in_Brazil

There is nothing in the brief summary above that does not corroborate the view that the more guns available in a nation, the more likely people will be killed by gunfire.

There seems to be another commonality with the US, in that there are socio-economic, cultural and racial divisions that lead to increased violence and conflict. Drugs and drug commerce are probably another factor.

From my perspective, Brazil simply adds evidence to my argument.

There

Except for one thing. Brazil doesn't have a lot of guns. We have more firearms than Brazil with less than one fifth the population. There is the flaw in your argument.

Bricktop

The number of guns is not the issue.

It is the number of DEATHS by guns that is the issue.

And Brazil is a world leader in that respect.

But as I said, gun possession is only one element of people being slaughtered in schools and in the streets.

Social and cultural issues play a part as well.

But let me ask you this...would you give every inmate in an asylum a gun to protect themselves from other inmates?

Breakfall

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=456409 time=1654327626 user_id=1560
The number of guns is not the issue.

It is the number of DEATHS by guns that is the issue.

And Brazil is a world leader in that respect.

But as I said, gun possession is only one element of people being slaughtered in schools and in the streets.

Social and cultural issues play a part as well.

But let me ask you this...would you give every inmate in an asylum a gun to protect themselves from other inmates?

Have you lived your entire life in Australia?

Odinson

America is a bit different from Australia.

If you remove all the firearms, then your house is gonna be invaded by feral, machete wielding joggers.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=456706 time=1654380984 user_id=136

If you remove all the firearms, then your house is gonna be invaded by feral, machete wielding joggers.

It mostly certainly is Odi.

Bricktop

Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=456411 time=1654330595 user_id=3358

Whilst I'm not seeing a point to this question, the answer is no.

Bricktop

Quote from: Odinson post_id=456706 time=1654380984 user_id=136

That may or may not be true.

"Addressing gun lobby assertions that crime is deterred when more law-abiding citizens carry guns, Hemenway said the evidence says otherwise. He said that even though more and more Americans are carrying concealed guns each year—the result of more states passing 'right-to-carry' laws—research has not uncovered a direct cause-and-effect relationship between the prevalence of guns and the U.S. crime rate. However, he noted, the presence of more guns does make crimes more violent. "What guns do is make hostile interactions—robberies, assaults—much more deadly," he said"

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hsph-in-the-news/do-guns-make-us-safer-science-suggests-no/">//https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hsph-in-the-news/do-guns-make-us-safer-science-suggests-no/

Many comments about gun restrictions are based on baseless assumptions, usually promulgated by gun lobbyists and their useful political idiots. Perhaps before people make blanket statements based on no evidence, a little research might help a more reasoned debate.

Anonymous

Hello Bricktop it's coming on winter in Adelaide.

Breakfall

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=456708 time=1654381733 user_id=1560
Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=456411 time=1654330595 user_id=3358

Whilst I'm not seeing a point to this question, the answer is no.

I'm not having a go, I'm merely gauging your worldly experience. Australia is a very tame country when it comes to violence. America needs guns, South Africa needs guns...at this stage Australia doesn't.

Bricktop

No offence was taken. I just didn't understand the relevance to the "debate" is all.

Let's just say I've had experience with crime, criminals and guns.