Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

A

Fossil Fuels are a Hell of a Lot More Sustainable Than Wind and Solar

Started by Anonymous, December 13, 2021, 08:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: weebles
Quote from: kiebers
They will raise electricity rates or charge you by the miles you drive is my guess Kiebs.
Going electric means governments going broke. Massive subsidies and less revenue.

Anonymous

If I was younger I would buy an electric car. The subsidy on most models makes it tempting.

Anonymous

Quote from: VelvetIf I was younger I would buy an electric car. The subsidy on most models makes it tempting.
Everything about e-cars is subsidized, including the energy they use. Take away all of that and I wonder how many they would sell.

Zetsu

Quote from: Breakfall
Quote from: seoulbroEven the most extreme proponents of alarmism like Gavin Schmidt,  head of NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies has acknowledged that if no C02 was emitted, including what humans emit naturally, the climate could continue to warm for centuries if it ever stopped warming. The anti-fossils is all pain for no gain.
You forget about land clearing to accommodate the plague we call humanity. More people means more loss of habit for fauna and flora that are perpetually going extinct as a consequence. But you just  go ahead and keep on burning that big fossil fuel engine to accommodate more shitters into this world. It's all academic really...

From what I've read, they say the emissions release from manufacturing 500km EV batteries is equivalent to driving an ICE for about 200,000+ kms approximately, to make things worst the there's still no way to recycle lithium batteries.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: Zetsu
Quote from: BreakfallYou forget about land clearing to accommodate the plague we call humanity. More people means more loss of habit for fauna and flora that are perpetually going extinct as a consequence. But you just  go ahead and keep on burning that big fossil fuel engine to accommodate more shitters into this world. It's all academic really...

From what I've read, they say the emissions release from manufacturing 500km EV batteries is equivalent to driving an ICE for about 200,000+ kms approximately, to make things worst the there's still no way to recycle lithium batteries.
Disposing of car batteries will turn the world into a toxic waste dump.

Zetsu

Quote from: Herman
Quote from: ZetsuFrom what I've read, they say the emissions release from manufacturing 500km EV batteries is equivalent to driving an ICE for about 200,000+ kms approximately, to make things worst the there's still no way to recycle lithium batteries.
Disposing of car batteries will turn the world into a toxic waste dump.

I believe Tesla's chassis require more metal/material to reinforce and protect the batteries in case of a serious collision that can result in another un-extinguishable fireball.  ac_unsure

Anonymous

Quote from: HermanDisposing of car batteries will turn the world into a toxic waste dump.

I believe Tesla's chassis require more metal/material to reinforce and protect the batteries in case of a serious collision that can result in another un-extinguishable fireball.  ac_unsure
One caught on fire in Saskatoon. It melted the pavement.

Breakfall

Quote from: BreakfallYou forget about land clearing to accommodate the plague we call humanity. More people means more loss of habit for fauna and flora that are perpetually going extinct as a consequence. But you just  go ahead and keep on burning that big fossil fuel engine to accommodate more shitters into this world. It's all academic really...

The stat' are off. A solution takes time. It's the long-term benefits that will make the difference. All I hear is about you folk bashing on about the cost of manufacturing batteries in the interim,

Frood

Quote from: ZetsuFrom what I've read, they say the emissions release from manufacturing 500km EV batteries is equivalent to driving an ICE for about 200,000+ kms approximately, to make things worst the there's still no way to recycle lithium batteries.

The stat' are off. A solution takes time. It's the long-term benefits that will make the difference. All I hear is about you folk bashing on about the cost of manufacturing batteries in the interim,

There is no solution or alternatives for fossil fuels unless you're okay with billions freezing, dying from heatstroke, and starving to death...

Nice that you have faith.... but we're not there yet.
Blahhhhhh...

Breakfall

Quote from: Dinky Dazza
Quote from: BreakfallThe stat' are off. A solution takes time. It's the long-term benefits that will make the difference. All I hear is about you folk bashing on about the cost of manufacturing batteries in the interim,

There is no solution or alternatives for fossil fuels unless you're okay with billions freezing, dying from heatstroke, and starving to death...

Why would you consider protecting billions when trillions are dying because of it?

Frood

Quote from: Dinky DazzaThere is no solution or alternatives for fossil fuels unless you're okay with billions freezing, dying from heatstroke, and starving to death...

Why would you consider protecting billions when trillions are dying because of it?

There are approximately 7-8 billion humans on the planet.
Blahhhhhh...

Breakfall

Quote from: Dinky Dazza
Quote from: BreakfallWhy would you consider protecting billions when trillions are dying because of it?

There are approximately 7-8 billion humans on the planet.

I'm not talking about humans...

Breakfall

Think all fauna and flora...think even nanoscale...

Frood

Quote from: Dinky DazzaThere are approximately 7-8 billion humans on the planet.

I'm not talking about humans...

I understood that you weren't.... I just wanted you to say where your loyalties are.

You'd let billions of humans die for your force fed grade school curriculum theories on ecology and evolution.

Very sad...
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

You're not entirely wrong, as the Western world has accomplish insane feats through technology, but it's definitely not a perfect solution atm where it requires taking quite a lot money from tax payers, uncontrollable fire hazards, 30% heavier which will wear down the roads faster, the abundance of decaying EV batteries needed to be stored, black outs in the power grid, requires more powerplants which can't guarantee to be emission free nor is battery manufacturing pollution free, etc.  By the time we reached an emission-free transport system, the world will already be a lot worst, pollution, infrastructure damage and debt will be a serious issue.

Edit: I forgot to mention EVs perform very poorly and the batteries decay a lot faster is extreme temperature climates.