Replies: 8352
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 08:15:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

Fossil Fuels are a Hell of a Lot More Sustainable Than Wind and Solar

Started by Anonymous, December 13, 2021, 08:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Why so?

Because your mangina barked?
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Dinky DazzaWhy so?

What?? Look what you wrote. On second thought, ask someone else to read what you wrote.

Frood

For a so called Libertarian, you don't liberty much....
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro
Quote from: Dinky DazzaWhy so?

What?? Look what you wrote. On second thought, ask someone else to read what you wrote.
It is not about fossil fuels being more sustainable than wind and solar.

Oerdin

I can't remember if I posted this before but it is directly on the thread topic and talks about why they don't work in most place.

Anonymous

Thanks Oerdin.....I'll watch it tonight after work.

@realAzhyaAryola

I drove by the wind farm in Alberta not too long ago. I took a video to show to my family. We were on our way to the border of USA and Canada. The area was Waterton Lakes National Park. A must see, guys. Go to Waterton.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: @realAzhyaAryolaI drove by the wind farm in Alberta not too long ago. I took a video to show to my family. We were on our way to the border of USA and Canada. The area was Waterton Lakes National Park. A must see, guys. Go to Waterton.
South West Alberta, near Pincher Creek. I've done some wells there.

Anonymous

Californians may need to take measures to conserve energy, including by avoiding charging electric vehicles, to prevent strain to the state's power grid over the Labor Day weekend, officials said—a week after state regulators voted on a plan to ban the sale of gasoline-powered cars.

Breakfall

Quote from: seoulbroCalifornians may need to take measures to conserve energy, including by avoiding charging electric vehicles, to prevent strain to the state's power grid over the Labor Day weekend, officials said—a week after state regulators voted on a plan to ban the sale of gasoline-powered cars.

That's great. How about LPG? We need to be positive in this world. Pessimism won't help the planet at all. This coming from a businessman. Proven and semi-retired.

Breakfall

This whole thread has been a bit of a let-down actually. A few individuals thinking that they know it all. Week in and week out.

Anonymous

Quote from: Breakfall
Quote from: seoulbroCalifornians may need to take measures to conserve energy, including by avoiding charging electric vehicles, to prevent strain to the state's power grid over the Labor Day weekend, officials said—a week after state regulators voted on a plan to ban the sale of gasoline-powered cars.

That's great. How about LPG? We need to be positive in this world. Pessimism won't help the planet at all. This coming from a businessman. Proven and semi-retired.
If California was building more natural gas power plants instead of decommissioning them, they wouldn't be facing  blackouts and droughts. Useless wind and solar require a lot of arable land and water.

Breakfall

Quote from: Guest
Quote from: BreakfallThat's great. How about LPG? We need to be positive in this world. Pessimism won't help the planet at all. This coming from a businessman. Proven and semi-retired.
If California was building more natural gas power plants instead of decommissioning them, they wouldn't be facing  blackouts and droughts. Useless wind and solar require a lot of arable land and water.
Arable? In what sense? How does that correlate with solar or wind at all?

Anonymous

Quote from: BreakfallThis whole thread has been a bit of a let-down actually. A few individuals thinking that they know it all. Week in and week out.
It is pretty obvious that replacing reliable concentrated sources of energy like oil and natural gas with diffuse antiquated sources of energy like wind and solar that gobble up resources we don't have enough of, including land is an expensive fantasy at best.

Anonymous

Quote from: Breakfall
Quote from: GuestIf California was building more natural gas power plants instead of decommissioning them, they wouldn't be facing  blackouts and droughts. Useless wind and solar require a lot of arable land and water.
Arable? In what sense? How does that correlate with solar or wind at all.
California is a major agricultural state. Wind and solar require massive amounts of land and water. Both of which are in short supply in the Golden state. Natural gas power plants, being concentrated require much less of both resources to produce much more energy. Wind and and solar compete with food production and cause food shortages.