Replies: 7553
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 11:58:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Fossil Fuels are a Hell of a Lot More Sustainable Than Wind and Solar

Started by Anonymous, December 13, 2021, 08:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Breakfall

Quote from: Dinky Dazza
Quote from: BreakfallCavalier? Christ man...Im talking about a species that is a plague. How real can I be?

We're imperfect but on this planet for a purpose. We're not a plague. We're better than rodents and locusts.
I think that I've had about enough of a being like you that hasn't touched on what I have reached in life itself!

Frood

Quote from: Breakfall
Quote from: Dinky DazzaI acknowledge changes in the environment but I've read a lot of historical accounts and journals/almanacs from my farming family going back to the 1850's.

Humans affect our environment in bad ways.... plastics in the ocean, nuclear leaks, pharma drugs leaching into the waterways, et cetera... but for large scale weather changes, we're just a flea on the earth's back. Anthropogenic climate change is a myth pushed by elitist armchair social engineers bent on returning the balance of power to their feudalistic selves. 

Our climate is dictated by the sun and other celestial bodies.
I'm older than you and mostly more intelligent. You need to see the obvious..and you've got half your answers unspun..

Older people than me tend to be more brainwashed and kept like mushrooms (fed shit and kept in the dark)...

Older people tend to make the mistake of thinking age means wisdom. It's far from the case however...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

How is wind and solar working out for average Europeans. What a waste of money.

Green_Hornet

Quote from: iron horse jockeyHow is wind and solar working out for average Europeans. What a waste of money.
Yeah right!! I guess you never heard of the Russian Invasion of Ukraine. How is fossil fuels (natural gas) working for the average Europeans?  High prices for natural gas is through the roof because of Gazprom.

Gazprom stops Latvia's gas in latest Russian cut to EU

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62359890

BASF Considers Selling Gas to Grid if Russia Halts Deliveries

Chemicals firm is saving the fuel by cutting ammonia output

European energy prices are surging on gas supply concerns

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-27/basf-said-to-eye-selling-gas-to-grid-if-russia-halts-deliveries

Climate change: 'Sand battery' could solve green energy's big problem

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-61996520

After Finland joined Nato, Gazprom shut off the natural gas to Finland.  A lot of interest for the wind and solar with the Sand Battery providing storage.

Anonymous

Quote from: Green_Hornet
Quote from: iron horse jockeyHow is wind and solar working out for average Europeans. What a waste of money.
Yeah right!!  How is fossil fuels (natural gas) working for the average Europeans?  High prices for natural gas is through the roof because of Gazprom.

Gazprom stops Latvia's gas in latest Russian cut to EU

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62359890

Climate change: 'Sand battery' could solve green energy's big problem

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-61996520

After Finland joined Nato, Gazprom shut off the natural gas to Finland
Yes, it is right troll. if they developed their own resources they wouldn't be in this mess. But, what has that got to do with you crawling out from under your rock.

Oerdin

90% of the world won't be able to make it just on wind and solar.  It just doesn't have enough sun shine or wind to be worth it.  Many of the places where those things do work still don't make sense because it is too far from end consumers or the upfront capital costs just isn't feasible.

Oerdin

For more information which this short video by Peter Zeihan.

Anonymous

Quote from: OerdinFor more information which this short video by Peter Zeihan.

Green_Hornet is a virgin.

Lokmar

Without humanity, the earth has no value.

Anonymous

Russia will be blamed, but phasing out nuclear power, wasting money on useless wind and solar plus fracking bans are the real culprits.

Germany's biggest cities prepare for looming energy crisis by shutting off warm water, limiting heat, and switching off lighting

Some of Germany's biggest cities are preparing for an energy crunch this winter by shutting off warm water, limiting heat, and switching off lighting.

The German city of Hanover is attempting to reduce its energy consumption by 15%.

Between Oct. 1 and March 31, Hanover's municipal buildings will not be allowed to be heated to a temperature over 68F. The city has banned the use of mobile air conditioning units and fan heaters.

The citizens of Hanover will be forced to take cold showers at city-run facilities. The German city will cut off hot water in public buildings, swimming pools, and gyms.

"The situation is unpredictable. Every kilowatt hour counts, and protecting critical infrastructure has to be a priority," said Hanover Mayor Belit Onay – who is part of the Green party.

Hanover isn't the only German city limiting energy use.

Last week, the German city of Munich announced that it would turn off spotlights on its town hall. The city also shut off warm water at its municipal offices. Fountains in Germany's third-largest city would be turned off at night.

Nuremberg closed three of its four public indoor swimming pools run by the city.

"Vonovia, the country's largest residential landlord, said it would be lowering the temperature of its tenants' gas central heating to 17C (62F) between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m.," the Financial Times reported. "A housing association in the Saxon town of Dippoldiswalde, near the Czech border, went a step further this week, saying it was rationing the supply of hot water to tenants. From now on, they can only take hot showers between 4 a.m. - 8 a.m., 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. - 9 p.m."

The district of Lahn-Dill, near Frankfurt, turned off hot water in its 86 schools and 60 gyms until mid-September.

Last week, Berlin's senate voted to turn off the lighting of 200 monuments, buildings, and landmarks in the German capital of more than 3.5 million people to save electricity.

"In April, Berlin had announced measures to keep its outdoor swimming pools at two degrees below the weather-dependent standard temperature throughout the summer season," The Guardian reported.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/germany-cities-energy-crisis-russia-gas

Oerdin

Germany has been a complete joke.  They have installed enough solar and wind to supposedly power 250% of peek electrical demand (in theory) but it turns out Germany is neither very sunny more does it have a lot of wind.  So I stead green tech only produces 8% of their demand and they have to do a lot of lying and green washing to get it that high.  Wind and solar will not work with current tech for about 90% of the world's population.  Nuclear is the only real option with a few exceptions for local geographic exceptions.

Anonymous

Quote from: Oerdin

Germany has been a complete joke.  They have installed enough solar and wind to supposedly power 250% of peek electrical demand (in theory) but it turns out Germany is neither very sunny more does it have a lot of wind.  So I stead green tech only produces 8% of their demand and they have to do a lot of lying and green washing to get it that high.  Wind and solar will not work with current tech for about 90% of the world's population.  Nuclear is the only real option with a few exceptions for local geographic exceptions.
Natural gas is abundant and cheap too Oerdin.

Oerdin

I was referring to low carbon nonfossil fuel power sources.

Anonymous

Quote from: OerdinI was referring to low carbon nonfossil fuel power sources.
I thought natural gas was low carbon?

Someone here posted a link that showed natural gas had a lower carbon footprint and smaller land disturbance per kilowat hour than solar.

Oerdin

Relatively to coal or oil, yes, but you will notice the greenie wheelies were even against that.  At least until Russia turned off the taps on the EU and now they are crying.  You can bet the EU now wishes they had not banned franking and made it hard to get drilling permits.  If they had just Mai tanned the same output levels they had in 2000 they wouldn't need Russian imports but they were stupid and now they are paying.  Hell, most of those dumb asses refused to allow LNG port facilities to be made despite the US telling them about their strategic vulnerability for 20+ years.

The Germans even laughed at Trump when he said they were at serious risk to Russian blackmail over natural gas but it turns out Trump was right.