News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

How many days,weeks, months before a war with Russia happens?

Started by Frood, December 18, 2021, 08:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=437599 time=1643840508 user_id=1560
Has anyone heard from that bastion of global harmony and human freedoms, the UN, lately?

What's that?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

It's a conglomerate of important people from all the nations of the world that unifies and protects us from war, pestilence, famine and tyranny.

You must have heard of it...it costs a LOT of money to join.

cc

It rings a bell now you mention it further.

Has it don't anything of value this past decade or so?

cc

Bricktop

Quote from: cc post_id=437643 time=1643849417 user_id=88

Has it don't anything of value this past decade or so?

Well, I'm glad you asked.

Their health organisation (aptly named WHO) told us how the Western nations must fund the endemic strategies of the poorer nations, and that the plague did not originate in China.

Also, they told Syria off for being a very naughty country for using chemical weapons. Very sternly, I might add.

Where would we be without them? Add up the number of wealthy, western style nations such as the US, UK, Canada, Australia, the European nations, Japan, Korea and Israel.

Then add up the number of impoverished, backward, dictatorial, racist, anti-capitalist, anti-western and corrupt countries and remind yourself each vote is equally valuable when making resolutions. That is to say, if you offer them a lot of money the will vote your way. Ask China.

The President of Haiti has the same vote as the Canadian PM.

Seems fair.

Anonymous

No matter what Russia does, I don't believe NATO will do anything. Europe is facing an energy crunch. A new East to West gas pipeline has been built. Biden and Trudeau have made sure North America will not supply Europe's LNG Needs. There is nothing in it for EU members.

Bricktop

Do you then imply that if Russia invades Ukraine, Europe and the rest of the world will just shrug and walk on by?

Frood

Russia won't do anything before they deploy an equitable level of threat to NATO members and in the US case, Cuba. That's their strategy. Tit for tat.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=437682 time=1643860792 user_id=1560
Do you then imply that if Russia invades Ukraine, Europe and the rest of the world will just shrug and walk on by?

They will thump their chests, send a few troops to countries like Poland, impose a few symbolic sanctions and not much else. EU NATO members don't want to freeze in the dark over the likes of Ukraine.  On the other hand, something more than token gestures from the US would be a distaction from Biden's failures. The US jobs report for January came in-three hundred thousand jobs lost.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=437693 time=1643862412 user_id=1676
500,000 jobs all told

You must be including the two hundred thousand jobs the US was expected to gain in January.

Frood

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=437694 time=1643862510 user_id=114
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=437693 time=1643862412 user_id=1676
500,000 jobs all told

You must be including the two hundred thousand jobs the US was expected to gain in January.

Yes
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=437691 time=1643862305 user_id=1676
Russia won't do anything before they deploy an equitable level of threat to NATO members and in the US case, Cuba. That's their strategy. Tit for tat.

Russia does not have an equitable threat to NATO, other than its  nuclear arsenal.

As I've shown previously, Russia is heavily outgunned by NATO.

Russia is saying it won't invade. NATO is saying they won't commit troops. Meanwhile the tooth fairy and Santa Claus play backgammon on their unicorns.

Frood

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=437696 time=1643862944 user_id=1560
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=437691 time=1643862305 user_id=1676

Russia does not have an equitable threat to NATO, other than its  nuclear arsenal.

As I've shown previously, Russia is heavily outgunned by NATO.

Russia is saying it won't invade. NATO is saying they won't commit troops. Meanwhile the tooth fairy and Santa Claus play backgammon on their unicorns.

At the heart of the matter is the ability to launch missiles at a nation with no time to take measures. Russia's policy moving forward is to place missile systems the same distance away to NATO members as NATO members are keen to do to Russia.

Conventional armaments don't factor in.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

It can already do that. It borders Poland, Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia.