News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10414
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 22, 2024, 08:17:40 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

How many days,weeks, months before a war with Russia happens?

Started by Frood, December 18, 2021, 08:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=442635 time=1646606945 user_id=1560

Nonetheless, I think we agree that the solution to this fiasco is alarmingly simple. NATO agrees to cease expanding towards Russia, Russia agrees to honour Ukraine's sovereignty.

I believe the European members of NATO would agree to that. The problem as always is the United States.

Anonymous

There is a lot more support in the Ukraine for the EU than there is NATO.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=442664 time=1646615835 user_id=56

Dissolve NATO. It has caused several wars in the former Soviet Union and Yugoslavia.

I get your point. But, I've asked more than once but no-one has responded; do you believe that Russia will confine itself to its own borders, and pose no military threat to any other European nation?

If so, on what doing you base that trust?

Anonymous

I'm quite surprised that Bricktop is not blaming the USA the way Shen Li is..

And if anyone would be taking Ukraine's side, I thought it would be Herman.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=442672 time=1646617860 user_id=3254

Zelenskyy is a piece of shit. That selfish prick thinks only about what is good for himself and not the country. Only one year ago English language media considered him a corrupt asshole that he is. I want him gone and I sure as hell don't want Ukraine in NATO.

Bricktop

NATO is not the USA. The US is one member, with one vote.

It is not American troops that surround Russia, but French, German, Polish, Estonian, Italian, Turkish and Dutch, to name but a few.

This is a European crisis of Europe's own making.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=442695 time=1646632793 user_id=1560

NATO is not the USA. The US is one member, with one vote.

It is not American troops that surround Russia, but French, German, Polish, Estonian, Italian, Turkish and Dutch, to name but a few.

This is a European crisis of Europe's own making.

Do you know what the joke is in Brussels among the NATO military attaches? (And I mean this in a perfectly serious, deadpan way...)

"N.A.T.O. - and acronym - stands for: Needs. America. To. Operate."

Seriously ... America's military wherewithal is equal to the rest of NATO's all put together, times 5, at the absolute very least.

Anonymous

Senator Marco Rubio warned Sunday that establishing a no-fly zone over Ukraine would trigger World War III.

A no-fly zone, otherwise known as an air-exclusion zone, is an order banning aircraft over a certain area.

In war, such aerial demilitarized zones are intended to prohibit military aircraft from engaging in bombing runs and other hostile actions. Military enforcement is thus required, which includes shooting down aircraft that violate the no-fly order. In this situation, if NATO were to establish a no-fly zone over Ukraine, enforcement would mean NATO forces engaging Russian aircraft.

cc

They cannot do it. 1st incident, Russia would declare war of the attacking country ... and it's quite understandable
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=442722 time=1646686871 user_id=2015
Senator Marco Rubio warned Sunday that establishing a no-fly zone over Ukraine would trigger World War III.

This is nonsense.

Russia would not risk oblivion if NATO confronts it on neutral soil. NATO will make it clear it will not infringe on Russian sovereignty in enforcing a no-fly zone over the territory of a neutral country.

As I've said a number of times, Russia is utterly outgunned by NATO. If relies heavily on bluff and threats to intimidate its adversaries, and they back this up with their massive nuclear arsenal. That is their trump card. But if they initiated a nuclear war, they would be guaranteeing their own destruction.

Russian power is heavily amplified by western media and military commentators and this has conditioned us to think Russia is unassailable.

This is simply untrue. Russia would be terrified if NATO stepped up and entered the conflict.

Ukraine is not Russian territory. NATO defending a non-aligned country from an illegal and brutal onslaught would not trigger WW3 if it were confined to that country.

That is the problem. If it spilled over onto Russian soil, then we'd have a major problem on our hands. The risk is too high.

Odinson

https://i.chzbgr.com/full/9667114240/h43CCDFE5/person-sleep-ukraine-and-woke-up-russia-imgflipcom">

Anonymous

This is the first time the western world has formed such a powerful "coalition" — including multiple public-private partnerships between banks, big corporations, and world governments — in response to foreign disputes. But the way world leaders banded together demonstrates what may be coming for us all: The Great Reset. And now, proponents of the World Economic Forum's masterplan have a crisis on their hands they likely will not let go to waste.

[media]
">
[/media]

Bricktop

I cannot take Glenn Beck seriously. Wasn't he fired from Fox News for outlandish conspiracy theorising?

He reminds me more of a televangelist than an informed journalist.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=442757 time=1646700927 user_id=1560
I cannot take Glenn Beck seriously. Wasn't he fired from Fox News for outlandish conspiracy theorising?

No idea. But, when woke global capitalism and Western governments form a united front it is always bad news for working class folks.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=442699 time=1646670449 user_id=114
"N.A.T.O. - and acronym - stands for: Needs. America. To. Operate."

I believe that. The US has the final say on what NATO does. The wars in the former Yugoslavia happened because Washington and Bill Clinton in particular wanted them.