News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10423
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:24:38 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

How many days,weeks, months before a war with Russia happens?

Started by Frood, December 18, 2021, 08:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Danger manifests many ways in life. We just prioritise and idolise certain dangers over others... often for no reason at all besides our need as humans to find a hero and rank them in a narrative.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=443534 time=1647226998 user_id=1676
Danger manifests many ways in life. We just prioritise and idolise certain dangers over others... often for no reason at all besides our need as humans to find a hero and rank them in a narrative.

There are levels of danger......driving to work has is hazardous, but not as much as being on the frontlines of a war.

Frood

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=443540 time=1647230045 user_id=3254

There are levels of danger......driving to work has is hazardous, but not as much as being on the frontlines of a war.

Being a snake remover in Qld, Vic, or NSW is a risk every time they attend a call.

Not the same level of risk for government authorities... but they make TV shows about the one and not the other....
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=443545 time=1647233128 user_id=1676

Being a snake remover in Qld, Vic, or NSW is a risk every time they attend a call.

Not the same level of risk for government authorities... but they make TV shows about the one and not the other....

I always think of Steve Irwin when I think of people who handle snakes.

Frood

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=443546 time=1647233217 user_id=3254

But nobody ever bothers with "a heroic snake catcher is fighting for his/her life in hospital after receiving 3 doses of anti-venom"....

A cop attends a callout and gets shot or beat to a minute of their life.... Shock horror!

A snake catcher gets bit.... "meh... they were crazy...stupid profession to get into"....

But would a cop remove a poisonous snake? Fuck no! They'd say it wasn't in their pay grade and phone the snake catcher.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=443547 time=1647235173 user_id=1676
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=443546 time=1647233217 user_id=3254

But nobody ever bothers with "a heroic snake catcher is fighting for his/her life in hospital after receiving 3 doses of anti-venom"....

A cop attends a callout and gets shot or beat to a minute of their life.... Shock horror!

A snake catcher gets bit.... "meh... they were crazy...stupid profession to get into"....

But would a cop remove a poisonous snake? Fuck no! They'd say it wasn't in their pay grade and phone the snake catcher.

Police are not trained to handle serpents.......I know my brother wasn't.

Bricktop

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=443533 time=1647226731 user_id=3254

I mean the danger factor of being close to the front lines.

They are a special type of egocentric journalists...they love being close to war, as long as they don't get involved. Many become addicted to war and you will see the same journos time and again in different war zones giving their highly dramatic accounts of events.

Ask yourself why a journalist would want to become a professional "war correspondent". It gives them a rush, a sense of heroism and bravado when they are rarely in harms way.

Odinson

These Ex-army "volunteers"...

Its not really an act of heroism.

They miss the life and are anxious to get to a new battlefield... No matter what the cause is.

cc

I mentioned before that this whole mess has triggered Germany to step up to it's obligations and build a real fighting force

Well, didn't take long to get started with a bang

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/germany-decides-principle-buy-f-35-fighter-jet-government-source-2022-03-14/">Germany To Buy 35 Lockheed F-35 Fighter Jets From U.S. Amid Ukraine Crisis

It will also honor commitments to France and stay in development of a joint Franco-German fighter jet

https://blazingcatfur.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/CANADA-GERMANY-NATO.jpg">

Meanwhile ... Canada Will Buy Cool "Fighter Jet Stickers" With Eco-Friendly Adhesive
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=443569 time=1647298237 user_id=88
I mentioned before that Germany was stepping up to it's obligations and building a real fighting force

Well, didn't take long to get started wit ha bang

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/germany-decides-principle-buy-f-35-fighter-jet-government-source-2022-03-14/">Germany To Buy 35 Lockheed F-35 Fighter Jets From U.S. Amid Ukraine Crisis

It will also honor commitments to France and stay in development of a joint Franco-German fighter jet

https://blazingcatfur.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/CANADA-GERMANY-NATO.jpg">

Meanwhile ... Canada Will Buy Cool "Fighter Jet Stickers" With Eco-Friendly Adhesive

Another boon for US military contractors.

Bricktop

We've bought 75!!

Took this at an air show here in 2019.

">

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=443584 time=1647300843 user_id=1560
We've bought 75!!

Took this at an air show here in 2019.

">

They aint cheap either. Now do you see why the military industrial complex is the tail that wags the dog in Washington.

Anonymous

Gaon

China, India, and Middle East countries are still trading with Russia. More in fact.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop