News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8380
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:34:57 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Brent

How many days,weeks, months before a war with Russia happens?

Started by Frood, December 18, 2021, 08:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

Quote from: Oerdin post_id=478758 time=1666872719 user_id=3374
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=478727 time=1666829939 user_id=1676

No, I am not fooling myself. You're fooling yourself, or rather your ingrained patriotism and aged biases are...

Russia is objectively a shithole and even you know it or else why haven't you moved there?  Patriotism has nothing to do with it.  You too could make $600 per month and live a life of poverty in Russia so why not do it?

Ok, American dude... lulz...
Blahhhhhh...

Oerdin

Quote from: DKG post_id=478760 time=1666872975 user_id=3390
Quote from: Oerdin post_id=478758 time=1666872719 user_id=3374

Russia is objectively a shithole and even you know it or else why haven't you moved there?  Patriotism has nothing to do with it.  You too could make $600 per month and live a life of poverty in Russia so why not do it?

I guess Norway is a shithole too. DD hasn't moved there either.

Norway is very picky about who they let in.

Frood

Patriots need to remove their heads from their bowels....

So ignorant... so stupid.
Blahhhhhh...

Oerdin

Why?  Because I point out facts you dislike?  Maybe you really should spend some time in Russia just so then you could truthfully see how bad it is.  Maybe then you might not shill for a corrupt and evil dictator who has oppressed an entire country.

If you don't want to do that, or can't,  maybe look at some actual real life Russian vbloggers who document real life in Russia.  Vasya in the hay is a good example of that as is Inside Russia.

Herman

Quote from: Oerdin post_id=478825 time=1666917932 user_id=3374
Why?  Because I point out facts you dislike?  Maybe you really should spend some time in Russia just so then you could truthfully see how bad it is.  Maybe then you might not shill for a corrupt and evil dictator who has oppressed an entire country.

If you don't want to do that, or can't,  maybe look at some actual real life Russian vbloggers who document real life in Russia.  Vasya in the hay is a good example of that as is Inside Russia.

If Putin is a corrupt and evil dicator by your standards, so is Zelenskyy and more so.

Frood

Am I shilling for Putin? Really?

He IS basically a dictator who has allowed himself and his cronies to be enriched by his position, but as for "oppressed" an entire country or calling him evil? Wtf?

He's modernised Russia far further than anyone else could have and relatively quickly in the grand scheme of things. As for suggesting that some parts of regional or remote Russia don't have running water (or water main connections, rather) or electrical grid connections, I can point to the very same fucking shit here in Oz or North America.

I don't have to "shill" for Russia any more than you shilling for the West... (a crumbling suicidal West at that).

WHAT I object to are the double standards America applies to other  nations like Russia.

JFK stopped the Cuban Missile transfer.... he's applauded for it. Putin did the same for his country, and he's vilified for it.

Good men do evil shit sometimes, evil men do good on occasions, because there are NO truly good or evil people out there....

I wish you'd abandon this unbridled patriotism angle. It makes you look like a deranged Leftist.
Blahhhhhh...

DKG

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=478855 time=1666948747 user_id=1676

He IS basically a dictator who has allowed himself and his cronies to be enriched by his position, but as for "oppressed" an entire country or calling him evil? Wtf?

He's modernised Russia far further than anyone else could have and relatively quickly in the grand scheme of things. As for suggesting that some parts of regional or remote Russia don't have running water (or water main connections, rather) or electrical grid connections, I can point to the very same fucking shit here in Oz or North America.

I don't have to "shill" for Russia any more than you shilling for the West... (a crumbling suicidal West at that).

WHAT I object to are the double standards America applies to other  nations like Russia.

JFK stopped the Cuban Missile transfer.... he's applauded for it. Putin did the same for his country, and he's vilified for it.

Good men do evil shit sometimes, evil men do good on occasions, because there are NO truly good or evil people out there....

I wish you'd abandon this unbridled patriotism angle. It makes you look like a deranged Leftist.

How long will it be before those of us who oppose Washington's proxy war with Russia are labelled deniers.

Frood

It's already happened...

If a bully gets anal raped on the behest of another bully on the playground, it suddenly doesn't matter. One bully got one over another bully.... and the circle, the ring around them, doesn't know enough or any better to care.
Blahhhhhh...

Oerdin

Quote from: Herman post_id=478839 time=1666926172 user_id=3396

If Putin is a corrupt and evil dicator by your standards, so is Zelenskyy and more so.

Possibly corrupt (though that is unproven) but how do you figure evil like Putin?  Putin invades other countries to try to annex them.  He uses extra judicial killings, rape of civilians, and torture as routine parts of state policy.  Putler orders his military to execute POWs, deliberately starve POWs, deny health care to POWs, and deliberately targets civilians and civilian infrastructure with the deliberate goal of depopulating the area by causing civilians to flee or die.  All of that violates both the Geneva and Hague conventions.

Show me where Ukraine does anything similar as part of state policy.  So, no, the two are not remotely the same.

Oerdin

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=478855 time=1666948747 user_id=1676

Does 1/3rd of American or Australian households lack basic utilities?  Because that is how much lack basic utilities in Russia.  The scale is not even remotely the same.  Also, no, Putin really hasn't done much to modernize Russia as he has been profoundly indifferent to economic progress to down right hostile to it with illegal nationalizations of private business without compensation based upon trumped up excuses.

All he has done is recent realized the oil and gas businesses under the state then lived off of that.  Thus why oil and gas make up 50% of the state budget.  Furthermore his rampant corruption and protection racket has profoundly damaged any chance Russia had for a functioning market economy.

Thus why countries like Piland advanced so quickly post communism while Russia remains a poverty riggen shit hole that still lacks such basic infrastructure as a national road network.  Literally everything has to run on railroads in most of Russia because that is all they have.  Very old decrepit railroads constructed under the Tsars or the Soviets which Putin has never really bothered to modernize.

Frood

:001_rolleyes:

Here's some wanking music to go with your fucktarded views...

">

Do damage, mate...
Blahhhhhh...

weebles

LOL DD your desperation is funny it just shows you already lost.... Now it is about how many real human lives is it going to cost on either side to end this BS.

Pain and suffering welcome to life enjoy... Remember you wanted this... so have a nice day: howdy:

">

Herman

democRATs and RepuplivRATs  cannot let go of the cold war.

In his 2014 memoir, Duty, Robert M. Gates, who served as secretary of defense in both Bush's administration and Barack Obama's, conceded that "trying to bring Georgia and Ukraine into NATO was truly overreaching." That initiative, he concluded, was a case of "recklessly ignoring what the Russians considered their own vital national interests."

Indeed it was, and Moscow began to push back. Putin exploited a foolish provocation by Georgia's pro‐​Western government to launch a military offensive that penetrated deeply into the country. Upon its victory, Russia permanently detached two secessionist‐​minded Georgian regions and put them under permanent Russian control.

The Kremlin's decisive action should have alerted even slow‐​learning U.S. leaders that the days of Russian officials merely issuing verbal protests about the West's steady encroachment into Russia's security sphere were over. Amazingly, though, the Obama administration still sought to turn Ukraine into a NATO political and military asset. In late 2013 and early 2014, the United States and several European governments meddled shamelessly to support the efforts of demonstrators to unseat Ukraine's generally pro‐​Russia president, Victor Yanukovych, some two years before the expiration of his term.

That campaign was especially inappropriate since Yanukovych became president in 2010 as the result of an election that even the European Union and other international observers acknowledged was reasonably free and fair. In a democratic system, the legal way to remove a president from office is, depending on a specific country's constitutional rules, through a parliamentary vote of no‐​confidence, impeachment, or defeat in the next election. Angry street demonstrations do not fit into any of those categories, yet the United States and its allies backed that illegal process. A recording of the infamous leaked telephone call between Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland and U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt confirmed the extent of Washington's meddling in the affairs of a sovereign country.

The Ukraine episode proved to be an intolerable provocation to neighboring Russia. Putin responded by annexing the strategic Crimea peninsula and the United States and its NATO partners then imposed economic sanctions on Russia. The new cold war was on in earnest.

Frood

Quote from: weebles post_id=478947 time=1666997979 user_id=2191
LOL DD your desperation is funny it just shows you already lost.... Now it is about how many real human lives is it going to cost on either side to end this BS.

Pain and suffering welcome to life enjoy... Remember you wanted this... so have a nice day: howdy:

">

Stop huffing petrol, please.
Blahhhhhh...

weebles

OHH DD why not send your kids or grandkids into this BS war?

">

Print
User actions